XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 110462 times)

Offline Spicy Noodles

• View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #630 on: 04:05 AM - 02/17/14 »
Tried that  :( remains stuck on the constantly on led. I'll try that a few more times when I get off of work incase it has some really specific timing of when you can release the reset.

For instance when you plug it in, the led will come on faintly for a fraction of a second, then half a second or so later it will come on fully. I tried holding reset, plugging in and releasing after it comes on fully, also tried releasing between the time of the the faint single blink and it coming on fully, but neither produced any results, I'll try more though.

Also tried wiring on the optional flash reset switch, but that didnt work either.

Couldnt see any obvious shorts, in my first wiring attempt but will look over it more closely, pretty sure the vbus jumper on the shield was cut well enough, checked it for no continuity afterwards, but will give a few more firmer scratches before trying to wire the spare teensy to it. Although don't think that was it, since the teensy was still okay and writeable when it was just the teensy+usbhost wired together and giving me player 1.
« Last Edit: 04:12 AM - 02/17/14 by Spicy Noodles »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 04:38 AM - 02/17/14 »
Id dump that Teensy.
Crusade atm: none

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 05:55 AM - 02/17/14 »
USB host has nothing to do with the teensy's power. I made a mistake by shorting out the VIN, so only way to power up the teensy was from an external source (in my case, the ds4 triangle). Try connecting one USB cable to the ds4 triangle and another cable into the teensy and plug them both into USB ports.. See if it powers on.

Offline punishm3nt

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 01:24 PM - 02/17/14 »
As a guy who doesn't have a xim, I was wondering if this mod would work in in conjunction with an eagle eye adapter ?

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 01:56 PM - 02/17/14 »
As a guy who doesn't have a xim, I was wondering if this mod would work in in conjunction with an eagle eye adapter ?

yes.

Offline punishm3nt

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 02:43 PM - 02/17/14 »
With using an eagle eye are all the steps the same then?

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 02:45 PM - 02/17/14 »
With using an eagle eye are all the steps the same then?

You problem lies in using an eagle eye..

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 03:19 PM - 02/17/14 »
I am making a new batch of w11ce devices so for those that are interested, PM me. I ship to US only.

Offline punishm3nt

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 04:12 PM - 02/17/14 »
Agreed but it is what I have :-\

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
« Reply #639 on: 04:13 PM - 02/17/14 »
A question for W11cE or Roads or any other who wants to chime in, the options button on the ds4 = the start button on the ds3 and also in the arduino program ?, if so when in joy.Cpl and the start button is pushed on the xbox360 controller and it responds in the joy.cpl program so all is good, but once attached to the ps4 it fails to respond any thoughts.

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 04:31 PM - 02/17/14 »
A question for W11cE or Roads or any other who wants to chime in, the options button on the ds4 = the start button on the ds3 and also in the arduino program ?, if so when in joy.Cpl and the start button is pushed on the xbox360 controller and it responds in the joy.cpl program so all is good, but once attached to the ps4 it fails to respond any thoughts.

If the button responds in joy.cpl it should work in game. Yes, the options button is mapped on the start button of a 360 controller. Double check your wiring and Re solder if you can.. The board can be picky at times.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 02:01 AM - 02/18/14 »
Thatís for W11ce

Offline Spicy Noodles

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 03:02 AM - 02/18/14 »
Alright so I have a dumb question, or rather a question that's coming from someone dumb about electronics, and I might as well ask it now since I'm rewiring everything anyway.

So in the schematic I see the DS4 grounding point (Labeled as 1 in the photo below), but in photos of peoples builds sometimes I see them ignore 1 and choose 2 instead, or 2+3, are 1, 2, 3 all interchangeable, and it doesn't really matter which one you use, as long as it's one of those three choices?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 03:11 AM - 02/18/14 »
Why is it important? Just take 1 it works for sure.

Offline AusRED5

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AusRED5
  • PSN ID: AusRED5
« Reply #644 on: 03:15 AM - 02/18/14 »
Yep, what roads said. The schematics on page 8 is a no fail wiring.  ;)
XIM4 - G502 - Razer Blackwidow

XBOX ONE
PS4 Pro

Admin