XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 108927 times)

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #615 on: 10:12 AM - 02/14/14 »
W11cE I will be on from 7ish uk time so 9ish your time I believe, I will add a chat room from 7gmt time onwards and I hope as many peeps will show for a bf4 mass carnage, if not there loss and I look forward to some good games tonight mate.

Psn I'd = LFtFiElDGeNeCiDe

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 12:16 PM - 02/14/14 »
You have to bodyguard the man through the whole games LoL
Crusade atm: none

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 05:49 AM - 02/15/14 »
Good games last night W11cE and Platten, we owned them for some time, won't do my stats any harm at all :), on another note I got disconnected from the internet, due to high winds in my area last night sorry about that, BUT I'm back tonight with a vengeance.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #618 on: 06:33 AM - 02/15/14 »
I'll hop on for a bit hopefully if that is ok. My WD is en route so I'll be controller only - so if I stink the place out I've got my excuse lined up ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 06:44 AM - 02/15/14 »
No probs pulp the more the merrier.

Offline pyton

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 07:18 AM - 02/15/14 »
Yea! Thanks to you too, it was fun. I might be online this evening/nignt too. I hope there will drop in some more people from the forum.  :)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #621 on: 07:19 AM - 02/15/14 »
I'll hop on for a bit hopefully if that is ok. My WD is en route so I'll be controller only - so if I stink the place out I've got my excuse lined up ;)

so you are the driver xD
soon..

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #622 on: 08:25 AM - 02/15/14 »
so you are the driver xD

LOL, be afraid ...

I might just revert to blowtorch duties. Can't miss!

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 11:50 AM - 02/15/14 »
I'll be on from 7 ish again gmt time, and yeah pulp your the designated driver.

;)

Offline Spicy Noodles

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 12:22 AM - 02/17/14 »
Question for anyone who might know,

So assuming everything is wired up, and teensy is connected to pc + 360 controller to host shield in order to test what buttons are working.

If the teensy is dead, will button presses still be registered on joy.cpl, or does teensy have to be "alive" for anything at all to get through?

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: 01:09 AM - 02/17/14 »
So if the brains are dead, will it still work?
No, your WD is vegetable :D

You cant kill teensy easily. It can survive even short circuiting or static electric shock. Why do you think its dead?

Offline Spicy Noodles

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 01:23 AM - 02/17/14 »
Well when I connected it as above, all button presses showed up on joy.cpl except the mcp-linked(triggers+joysticks)  ones, plus the left joystick crosshair was stuck left+up (not sure if it was registering as that, or if it just shows that when no joystick input is detected.

Anyway, since the non-analog buttons worked, I thought to myself, okay well at least thats some progress, so decided to see if maybe I had some settings wrong in the flashed ver8, so I tried to flash it with some different settings, but it wouldnt flash, and the reset button on the teensy seemed to no longer have any effect, (it didnt change modes when pressed, or in teensy loader when it says "push to activate" pressing the teensy button did nothing as if the software saw no button press, it was working fine and was flashable when I had only the teensy+usbhost connected, but something happened between then and when I wired the mcps and buttons in to cause it to run into the current problem.

So I desoldered everything from the teensy, and it's still unflashable, when connected the orange light just stays lit up as if it's just stuck/hung running ver8, tried holding reset while connecting as mentioned in teensy support, but that has no effect. Since I ordered 2 teensys, I checked on the other teensy to make sure I didnt have a bad usb cable or something, but nope, the new teensy is working fine, and is flashable.

So now Im gonna rewire/check all connections before throwing the new teensy on so I won't do whatever I did to the first one.
« Last Edit: 01:28 AM - 02/17/14 by Spicy Noodles »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 02:30 AM - 02/17/14 »
The orange light up is how it should be. Just connect the Teensy and shield and see if you get your Player 1. When you flash a Teensy with the reset button it goes dark, you flash Ver8 or later and it goes orange again.
« Last Edit: 02:36 AM - 02/17/14 by roads »

Offline Spicy Noodles

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 03:30 AM - 02/17/14 »
Yep I was lucky enough to have Player1 through the whole process  :)
Just not sure what I did to make the teensy unwritable.

I can't make any alterations to the code that's currently on it, or even reflash it to the initial "blink" example code. All the arduino software will say when trying to flash it again is something along the lines of "Please press the reset button, auto update only works when using an older version of the sketch"(not exact wording, but something to that effect)  but when I press the reset button on the teensy it doesn't register it as being pressed and the arduino software keeps waiting and waiting for me to press it. Also tried toggling the "auto" option, but it didn't make a difference. Maybe there's some setting in the arduino software I'm overlooking, but even using the Teensyloader directly instead of going through the larger arduino software doesn't work anymore.

Like on my spare teensy I can go back and forth between flashing the Ver8 code or the default "Blink" example code that comes on the teensy just fine, and get no errors, and the led functions as you would expect, it holds steady when ver8 is flashed, or it blinks when "Blink" is flashed.

This can't be done on the first teensy anymore even though I initially could  :(

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 03:56 AM - 02/17/14 »
YOu can reset the Teensy by holding the reset and then plugging the micro USB I remember. Try that. It should get back to "blink"