XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109684 times)

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #405 on: 06:26 PM - 01/30/14 »
What the @#$% ? Didnt i just answer here... ok...

The wire i used for those was 28 AWG. For digital triggers you just connect SS pin to DS4 pcb instead of MCP.

Sorry if it's been asked before.. Believe me, i've been going through all the posts in this thread like a mad man trying to understand everything to the very detail so that my first attempt will turn out successful.

Since I would be wiring the triggers directly.. I would not need to mount the (2) L2/R2 MCP4151's anymore?

Offline Fars

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 06:40 PM - 01/30/14 »
Yes I know what you did. You must ONLY scratch the minuscule rectangular piece on the triangle. If the soldering touches the surounding triangular pcb you short.

Yeah i'm not too sure, the area I scratched is within the square. I can't help but feel like I am missing something else.

Here are photos of before and after.

If W11cE is reading this do you have any alternative locations for me to wire up if I can't get this spot to work? I noticed in your first images you've soldered to the bottom of the ribbon cable connector on the DS4 board, this might be a little beyond my skill set though judging by the size.

Can I use two USB leads one to DS4 triangle and one to Teensy, I know it is an ugly solution, but as a last resort anything is better than this not working.

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 08:32 PM - 01/30/14 »
Disregard my previous questions..I got it figured out.

What is the major difference between analogue and digital triggers besides the easier connections?
I primarily play BF4 and use the triggers for ADS and fire. Will I be able to map those triggers with the edge?

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 09:26 PM - 01/30/14 »
I just picked up one from riggidy (great quality, works like a charm). the only issue i'm running into is my Y movements are much faster than my X with the mouse. is there any way to counter this? i'm looking at the arduino code now, just curious if theres anything you guys would suggest before I start playing with it.

EDIT: i'm playing COD ghosts if anyone is wondering. haven't tested on BF4

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 09:39 PM - 01/30/14 »
I never tried it on ghost...can you launch bf4 and see how it responds.   I only play bf4 on the ps4

Offline Fars

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 09:43 PM - 01/30/14 »
Problem solved.

It seems I wasn't grounding off of the old motor mounts, I made ground and now all is good. I've wasted about 3-4 hours all because I didn't have a voltimeter to hand which is ridiculous to not have one considering the nature of the project. Lesson learned.

Everything seems pretty smooth just finishing up the MCP wiring and then time to calibrate.

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 09:56 PM - 01/30/14 »
I did some more testing and it seems my Y movement (up and down) is perfectly fine. My X movement (left to right) is much slower than the regular DS4 speed. I am testing with xbox and PS3 controllers directly. Any advice?

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 10:18 PM - 01/30/14 »
Don't mean to blow this thread up but I timed my X and Y movements. Y is perfect. X is twice as long as normal. At senstivity 5, it takes 4 seconds to do a 360 and with the unmodded DS4, it takes 2 seconds.

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 11:02 PM - 01/30/14 »
Did a few more tests. Did it on BF4 this time - 30% sens. took 1.5 seconds to do a 360 with DS4 controller - 11 seconds with DS3 using the mod..... Y input is fine still. any thoughts?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 11:21 PM - 01/30/14 »
Analogue triggers dont make sense as you only have 0 and 1 state with the mouse button. You can still set them up as usual.
Crusade atm: none

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 12:14 AM - 01/31/14 »
Did a few more tests. Did it on BF4 this time - 30% sens. took 1.5 seconds to do a 360 with DS4 controller - 11 seconds with DS3 using the mod..... Y input is fine still. any thoughts?

Aren't you supposed to max out the sensitivity with Edge?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 12:40 AM - 01/31/14 »
Yes max BF4 sens or you restrict your max turn speed.

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 12:55 AM - 01/31/14 »
Has anyone done all the software based calibrating with a Mac? Or should this be done on a PC only?

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 01:00 AM - 01/31/14 »
Problem solved.

It seems I wasn't grounding off of the old motor mounts, I made ground and now all is good. I've wasted about 3-4 hours all because I didn't have a voltimeter to hand which is ridiculous to not have one considering the nature of the project. Lesson learned.

Everything seems pretty smooth just finishing up the MCP wiring and then time to calibrate.

Where did you end up grounding your points? This tip would help me greatly with my first attempt

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 01:18 AM - 01/31/14 »
Has anyone done all the software based calibrating with a Mac? Or should this be done on a PC only?

Somehow the firmware does not compile on mac I tried several times.

Admin