XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109736 times)

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #315 on: 05:30 PM - 01/18/14 »
Could you just not plug in your xim3/edge on your usb host shield as you go along until your teensy comes, I'm sure the power if getting thru will power up either device.

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 06:02 PM - 01/18/14 »
I tried a GameStop labeled 360 controller and it did not work.  I do not know why nor do I understand why it wouldn't work....all I know is that it didn't.  For all I know the controller could be broken but I don't think that's the case. 
I used both my original wired controller and my xim2 modded controller and they both worked great.

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 06:34 PM - 01/18/14 »
Could you just not plug in your xim3/edge on your usb host shield as you go along until your teensy comes, I'm sure the power if getting thru will power up either device.

I'm not sure I'm following you ... I guess I could ...but I have a donor controller on the way as well so I thought I'd wait and do it all at one time.... But now that you say that I guess I could get started on some of it.  8)

I tried a GameStop labeled 360 controller and it did not work.  I do not know why nor do I understand why it wouldn't work....all I know is that it didn't.  For all I know the controller could be broken but I don't think that's the case. 
I used both my original wired controller and my xim2 modded controller and they both worked great.

OK  ....Guess I'll get a genuine MS model.......Thanks

Offline AusRED5

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AusRED5
  • PSN ID: AusRED5
« Reply #318 on: 12:34 AM - 01/19/14 »
I'm really tempted to try this mod, but with the costs and timing of the xim4 release date pending.... I'm not sure :(
XIM4 - G502 - Razer Blackwidow

XBOX ONE
PS4 Pro

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 01:07 AM - 01/19/14 »
My guess for the XIM4 release at XIM-tech-dynamic-duo-tempo means 3 months at best and 6 months worst case. Maybe -1 month if you have an Edge and the PS4 goes beta there. Its because Obsiv has a regular job, XIM4 being afternoon and night project, Orbital is racing ralleys, god save him, and also has other Projects to attend to. Not saying they dont work as fast as they can but they are not working 10 hours a day on it. 

I can say investing 10-20 hours into this is worth it.

Crusade atm: none

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #320 on: 07:39 PM - 01/19/14 »
well i read something on the "news about XIM4" thread that PS4 will be on the Edge beta, if that's so it should happen in some weeks (as in, i guess faster than 2 months) so doing this mod for 2 months time is a very very subjective thing.. i know people who would do it for a week or 2 (old pc gamers) but most people i think would just wait..

if money is not relevant, and you don't mind investing 10 hours then stop second guessing. if you are so unsure then it's either because the money is relevant or your time is so just be patient. either way you can gauge pros and cons and decide, just be honest with yourself, weight everything and be resolute once you reach a conclusion.
soon..

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 11:37 PM - 01/19/14 »
well i read something on the "news about XIM4" thread that PS4 will be on the Edge beta, if that's so it should happen in some weeks (as in, i guess faster than 2 months)

LOL wanna bet?

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #322 on: 11:55 PM - 01/19/14 »
LOL wanna bet?

you just want me to pull one of the "NOPE" gifs don't you? feel free to post one for me, because i have just <1% trust on a XIM meeting expectations/deadlines of any shape or form unless it's "it will be tomorrow" or equivalent.

anyway to be clear and answer your question: hell no! i only like to make sure win bets, not sure lose ones.

but all that aside i think they have quite the shot at making the PS4 Edge beta within a month or 2. and the issues with XIM4 deadline i think shouldn't be software bound but rather hardware derived. chinese are slow for small orders..
soon..

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 03:54 AM - 01/20/14 »
YES! Got the advanced mod working. Doesn’t really make sense to make in my opinion but I had to :D 
Thanks for the Help W11ce *again*.

If someone is crazy or insane enough to do this there is additional information needed that is not in the tutorial. The traces to the middle pin have to be cut and soldered to the corresponding MCP wiper pin. The Teensy pins 14-17 go directly to the wipers of the joysticks. The MCP wiper pins do not touch the joystick wipers of course.

Do not attempt this without 2x (+) magnification and some tools to free those <1mm solder points. I used a 0,5mm diamond drill.

Offline r2d2

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 06:30 AM - 01/20/14 »
hey guys, long time not reading this topic, have a question so i hope it isnt already answered, if it is, im sorry.

To use the XIM with the W11ceDevice i need a Xbox controller right? because the "software" is written to play with a Xbox360 Wired Controller on the ps4 (so after authentification i use XIM)?

Is it possible to use a PS3/DS3 controller instead of the XBO360WiredController?

Offline KingAfrica

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 06:43 AM - 01/20/14 »
Yes you can, I use both.  ;)

Offline r2d2

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 06:46 AM - 01/20/14 »
so whats to do to make this possible?

rewrite the code?

Offline Amarce

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 11:59 AM - 01/20/14 »
I'm currently doing the kit and was wondering if the resistors used should be carbon film or carbon composition. I have both in hand.
Maximus gen v
16 gb ddr5
512 ssd
G500s
Wolfking warrior 2xxtreme
Astro a40
24" asus 1ms 27" lg tm2792d-sn
Xim2,xim3,xime
But all I want is xim4 on ps4
Date Registered: 12:33 AM - 06/28/08-
I wasn't here posting because this product was so perfect (I was gg'ing 😆👍)

Offline Amarce

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 12:02 PM - 01/20/14 »
On a side note the time I spent without m&k on ps4 has gotten me global elite on cs:go PC
Maximus gen v
16 gb ddr5
512 ssd
G500s
Astro a40
Xim2,xim3,xime

Offline Amarce

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 01:05 PM - 01/20/14 »
Can't edit my post for some reason but after wiki research I found my answer. Carbon composition is 20th century inferiority. Carbon film is the new tech for any of you DIY'rs without a base in this stuff
Maximus gen v
16 gb ddr5
512 ssd
G500s
Astro a40
Xim2,xim3,xime

Admin