XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109696 times)

Offline drew919

• View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #300 on: 07:54 PM - 01/16/14 »
My sacrificial lamb (new DS4), teensy, and mini USB shield showed up today.   8)

Hopefully my pots will get here tomorrow so I can get started. I will be so happy to get back to using a M/Kb setup again.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 10:26 PM - 01/16/14 »
I have made a couple of them mods now, the hard thing is, if it doesn’t work 100% it is very hard and time consuming to debug.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
« Reply #302 on: 01:54 AM - 01/17/14 »
^

Wise words Roads.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 03:23 AM - 01/17/14 »
Btw Leftfield, had a mod where movement to the left was. It turned out a wiper was not connected could only see it in magnification.

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 05:51 AM - 01/17/14 »
^

Thank you Roads, I'll try that on this second unit, going to replace both Lx Ly mcp's and make sure both are soldered really well to there spots.

Offline RuaAD

• Spaniard
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 06:45 AM - 01/17/14 »
Just loaded pot version 8 and the left stick still does the same, starts off top left corner and when I move it around it's pulling back to that corner, and when I release my thumb from the left stick it flicks back to that same top left corner, but now when I push the left stick down I have the button now show up in joy.cpl :o when it did not before, everything else now works except that left stick, Weird.

I have exactly the same problem from the first successful try, and  it's not a wiring mistake.
It's like we don't get a good calibration, but i don't know why....
« Last Edit: 06:50 AM - 01/17/14 by RuaAD »

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 07:57 AM - 01/17/14 »
^

Yeah mate it's weird, I've checked my wiring over and over, and all is fine, so tomarrow I'm going to replace the Ly/Lx mcp's and resolder 2 new mcp's on, but this time I'm going to try and embed them a little more deeply into the points, may I ask RuaAd what all buttons and triggers and right stick show up for you in joy.cpl ? ( ie) r2 = ? R1 = ? L2 = ? L1 = ? Etc etc etc , that's if your using a xbox controller to calibrate.

Much appreciated Lefty .
« Last Edit: 08:06 AM - 01/17/14 by Leftfieldgenecide »

Offline RuaAD

• Spaniard
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 10:14 AM - 01/17/14 »
I own a DS3, do not have XBOx wired controller. I will tell you which inputs i get, but cannot found a moment  to coonect all stuff until tomorrow, im a bit busy today  :P

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 07:07 PM - 01/17/14 »
^
Yeah thank you, would appreciate that.

And on another note, great games last night W11cE, had to put my son to bed and when I came back you was gone, I know it was late, but I hope you don't think I was being rude, anyways must do it again some time.

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 09:22 AM - 01/18/14 »
Just loaded pot version 8 and the left stick still does the same, starts off top left corner and when I move it around it's pulling back to that corner, and when I release my thumb from the left stick it flicks back to that same top left corner, but now when I push the left stick down I have the button now show up in joy.cpl :o when it did not before, everything else now works except that left stick, Weird.

I have exactly the same problem from the first successful try, and  it's not a wiring mistake.

But didn't Leftfieldgenecide have a working one running the same firmware ?

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 09:56 AM - 01/18/14 »
I have another question ....does it need to be a genuine Microsoft Xbox 360 controller or could it be a third party controller ? My @#$% teensy won't be here till next week and I want to make sure I'm setup correctly.

Offline izzy

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 10:03 AM - 01/18/14 »
Could someone please sell me one of these mods.

Don't care if its from the UK or USA.

I'm not tech savy or would have done this myself.

I've been asking to buy one of these since last year.
Still waiting on feedback from Ak and his engineering student  friend in uni

Please, please, please.......

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 10:40 AM - 01/18/14 »

But didn't Leftfieldgenecide have a working one running the same firmware ?

Yes I did and I've built this second unit to a T from page 8 of this thread, and loaded pot v7 and pot v8 and still have this annoying problem with the x/y axis persisting to stay at top left in joy.cpl, can't understand it.

As I said I'm going to replace Ly and Lx mcps some time tomarrow and embed them more.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 10:51 AM - 01/18/14 »
I built a couple now and its always a wiring problem if it doesn’t work. For example on that small triangle of the DS4 if you scrape more than than the small rectangle and solder you short, Teensy doesn’t even start.

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 04:30 PM - 01/18/14 »

I have another question ....does it need to be a genuine Microsoft Xbox 360 controller or could it be a third party controller ? My @#$% teensy won't be here till next week and I want to make sure I'm setup correctly.