XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109752 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #285 on: 03:10 PM - 01/15/14 »
Ahh ok - good to know, and for, say the wiper, I'd only need one connection going to the double MCP, correct?

Yes as you see most just solder the double leg to the wiper.
Crusade atm: none

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 03:21 PM - 01/15/14 »
Leftfield. Damaged MCP? Sure you did not switch LX LY points on Teensy? Maybe exchanged LX with L2?   

Offline survivorman1999

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 04:01 PM - 01/15/14 »
for those of you guys using the device how close does it come to using the actual XIM ?

Is there lag or delay ?

Is it worth the hassle ?
Or are we better of waiting for XIM 4 ?

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
« Reply #288 on: 04:32 PM - 01/15/14 »
^

I think it's superb feels real smooth and peeps get dropped.

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 05:06 PM - 01/15/14 »
Just loaded pot version 8 and the left stick still does the same, starts off top left corner and when I move it around it's pulling back to that corner, and when I release my thumb from the left stick it flicks back to that same top left corner, but now when I push the left stick down I have the button now show up in joy.cpl :o when it did not before, everything else now works except that left stick, Weird.

Offline Matrox

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 07:59 PM - 01/15/14 »
If you connected 5V from DS4 to teensy and the shield you should not need to connect teensy to PS4 at all unless you have power hungry setup on xim.

DS4 cant be fooled to think that there is battery. The battery is needed to remember BT pairing.

Yeah I did, so currently I plug my teensy to the ps4 and plug in the battery and then hit Xbox button on the controller to turn on the DS4. Everything works great, my xim edge with kbm function without issue connected this way... If I unplug the teensy from ps4 and unplug the battery from the DS4, I then connect the USB cable only to the DS4 everything powers on as it should, I get player 1 and select the Xbox button to turn the DS4 on. So everything appears good but then I get a weird issue were it is going to the lleft on everything onscreen as if I was holding on the left d pad or the joystiq... This does not happen when connecting the teensy to the ps4 instead...  any ideas??? I can't figure it out. Anyways that's for the help.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 10:30 PM - 01/15/14 »
Just loaded pot version 8 and the left stick still does the same, starts off top left corner and when I move it around it's pulling back to that corner, and when I release my thumb from the left stick it flicks back to that same top left corner, but now when I push the left stick down I have the button now show up in joy.cpl :o when it did not before, everything else now works except that left stick, Weird.

Itís a wiring problem check the cables again with the scheme.

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 09:33 AM - 01/16/14 »
Leftfield. Damaged MCP? Sure you did not switch LX LY points on Teensy? Maybe exchanged LX with L2?   

No i did not Roads switch Lx and Ly points on teensy, so why switch Lx with L2??? Can you explain why this will make a differance mate much appreciated.

Lefty

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 09:36 AM - 01/16/14 »
I assumed the button not working and the direction the MCP is not working is switched, its not LX LY would have to check the scheme.. Check those wires not working.

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 10:15 AM - 01/16/14 »
After I loaded pot version 8 on W11cE advise I got the left stick when pushed down activated in joy.cpl, but the x/y axis always stays top left I can move it around now but not to the very right side, it does go right top, middle and bottom but not all the way on those 3 sides, but once I release the stick it goes straight back to top left.

Offline kumacakes

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kumacakes
« Reply #295 on: 01:15 PM - 01/16/14 »
I know you need a wired 360 controller to make this mod work  - but the only wired 360 controller I have is the legendary XIM2 - would this controller suffice?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 02:09 PM - 01/16/14 »
I think no as the sticks are disabled.

Offline kumacakes

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kumacakes
« Reply #297 on: 02:23 PM - 01/16/14 »
Weird... I saw Riggidy's youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htPziAgB_gI&feature=youtu.be and it looks like he's using one. I'll PM him.

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 02:29 PM - 01/16/14 »
Yes, i used my xim2 as the wired controller.  Even though the xim2 is modified its still just a wired controller.  It doesnt do anything but sit there and help authenticate the edge.

Offline fredy

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 03:49 PM - 01/16/14 »
i want to start this project but to be sure, i want to use the mcp4151 the layout is the last posted and the version is the 8 right? if someone who already made this project speaks Portuguese i liked to be helped if needed, and its easy to me, my english is not very good
thanks