XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109737 times)

Offline RuaAD

• Spaniard
    • View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #240 on: 06:38 PM - 01/12/14 »
This time, no java error's & some diferent results, i can center the stick but no movement to the right or down.
i can't get  a good calibration  ::) :-X :'(
Not easy!!!

Someone with a teensy 3.1 working?

Many thank's W11cE.
« Last Edit: 06:43 PM - 01/12/14 by RuaAD »

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 07:16 PM - 01/12/14 »
Im using a teensy 3.1 and 4151s.  Works perfect

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 10:33 PM - 01/12/14 »
Ruaad, back to 0, take off the Teensy and the Shield and get some thin wires. Do the multipurpose device and see if you get Player1 to verify the hardware. This mod takes a lot of time.
Crusade atm: none

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 01:15 AM - 01/13/14 »
quick demo - my video sucks but you can get a good idea on how the gameplay is. 
i used xbox bf4 config. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htPziAgB_gI&feature=youtu.be

Offline victorarona86

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: duddu99
  • PSN ID: victordoliveira
« Reply #244 on: 01:47 AM - 01/13/14 »
Anyone can make a device that for me, I paid for it! takes a lot, I'm desperate. since I bought my ps4 I do not use. I'm a disaster in the joystick! I paid up and sending the control to those who can go. someone please give life to my ps4! hahaha 

Offline RuaAD

• Spaniard
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 03:11 AM - 01/13/14 »
Ruaad, back to 0, take off the Teensy and the Shield and get some thin wires. Do the multipurpose device and see if you get Player1 to verify the hardware. This mod takes a lot of time.

I have change all wiring, and i get the same results, IDK why, but the first load, with uncomment in stick do not power the controller.... now i get player 1, but i cannot get a good calibration. Im on version 8, cannot found version 7. If i load the one from your link, there are missing files with errors in arduino.

Im using a teensy 3.1 and 4151s.  Works perfect

Which version of the container are you loading, 7? 8?
Can you share it with uncommented options? please  :-[
« Last Edit: 03:18 AM - 01/13/14 by RuaAD »

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 03:32 AM - 01/13/14 »
Here is what I used. from the ver8 file

/////____Build specific settings___//////
#define MCP4151                     // Uncomment if you used MCP4131 in left joystick and triggers.
#define MCP4151_RIGHT_STICK            // Uncomment if you used MCP4131 in right joystick.
#define I_DONT_HAVE_STICKS            // Uncomment if you connected original sticks to teensy.
//#define L3_CONNECTED_TO_PIN_33         // Uncomment if you have L3 connected to pin 29.
#define SPI_SPEED 4                // 0 = fastest, 7 = slowest
//#define DIGITAL_TRIGGERS
/////////////////////////////////////////

Offline RuaAD

• Spaniard
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 06:20 AM - 01/13/14 »
pffff, no

Could someone tell me if those MCP are OK?

Offline Matrox

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 10:14 AM - 01/13/14 »
 I am running POTv8 teensy 3.0 and have it set now to digital triggers like Roads, as this was the only way i could get them functional.
Quick question: I have an odd issue, it sounds like most of you are not using the battery, and i cant figure out how to get this to work without it. With the battery unplugged the PS4 bitches about its battery and shuts off the DS4.. I haven't seen anyone else mention this in this forum, just curious what i did wrong or what i have to do to get it running it without the battery? It runs great and stays on once the battery is plugged in, its just annoying that its attached.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 10:27 AM - 01/13/14 »
Ruad I use the -104 so I dont know should be OK.
Matrox connect the Teensy then the XIM, get Player 1 and then connect the PS4, press home. All without battery.

Offline drew919

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 01:46 PM - 01/13/14 »
Lord help me, but I took the plunge and ordered everything I need to try this.  I'm hoping to pull this off with minimal changes in blood pressure.  ;D

A big thank you to everyone sharing their pictures, questions and whatnot.  I'm sure it'll be a huge help.

Wish me luck.

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 05:19 PM - 01/13/14 »
I'm in the same boat Drew ....just waiting on parts ...... good luck to you ....these guys are a great help so you probably won't need it  ;)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 09:43 PM - 01/13/14 »
Good luck sully and drew. Hopefully you get it working on the first try  :)

Ruad I use the -104 so I dont know should be OK.
Matrox connect the Teensy then the XIM, get Player 1 and then connect the PS4, press home. All without battery.
You sure? 104 means 100k resistance. 103 is 10k. Not sure how those works.

I am running POTv8 teensy 3.0 and have it set now to digital triggers like Roads, as this was the only way i could get them functional.
Quick question: I have an odd issue, it sounds like most of you are not using the battery, and i cant figure out how to get this to work without it. With the battery unplugged the PS4 bitches about its battery and shuts off the DS4.. I haven't seen anyone else mention this in this forum, just curious what i did wrong or what i have to do to get it running it without the battery? It runs great and stays on once the battery is plugged in, its just annoying that its attached.
Without battery you need to have DS4 connected to PS4 with usb cable. I think BT pairing is lost when battery is disconnected and there is no power. I have done version with no battery and it works just fine.

RuaAD, those look ok. Any progress?

Offline RuaAD

• Spaniard
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 10:32 PM - 01/13/14 »
No progression  :'(  i can't get a good calibration, and im not sure were is the problem. Maybe ds4 board? Usb shield?
Wednesday i will try to fix it again.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 11:09 PM - 01/13/14 »
That would explain why the trigger is not working as it is running alone. This is btw the first time you mention we need the 103 not the 104. Pairing them is not the problem as they keep each other in equilibrium. You could also use 1000K - 1000K with a wiper in between.

Admin