XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109547 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #135 on: 03:56 PM - 01/03/14 »
I dont know why, on 33 I had no left stick press. On 29 it was there. Even if on 33 the joystick went to player 1.  I am back to zero anyway as the Teensy died. No idea why.
Crusade atm: none

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 04:30 PM - 01/03/14 »
Reflashed it and now it works again. This is crazy.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 05:05 PM - 01/03/14 »
I probably havent mentioned, but start and options are set as how those are with PS3. For next version i will change select to touch pad. Start will stay as options.

Offline xxgmon3yxx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Memo214
« Reply #138 on: 06:56 PM - 01/03/14 »
I can't get it to calibrate. I plugged in my ds3 to usb host and player 1 is not coming on. Im able to flash with 0 problems... Any ideas?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 09:47 AM - 01/04/14 »
Question to those who completed this:

Is the battery connected or not? If its not connected and I plug the teensy to the PS4, the Teensy powers up, the Controller blinks and sets Player1. The I start the DS4 by pressing the Xbox home button. The DS4 starts but the PS4 says charge the battery, DS4 disconnected and the DS4 powers down.  If the battery is connected I cant make the Teensy player1 the controller. Also if the battery is connected the DS4 starts at once.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 02:03 PM - 01/04/14 »
If the player 1 led does not light up, the host shield is not working. Either host shield wiring is incorrect or teensy freezes, which can be caused for example short circuit in SPI wires.

Roads, you have not paired DS4 with PS4. It will shut down if it cant find BT host.

Offline xxgmon3yxx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Memo214
« Reply #141 on: 07:27 PM - 01/04/14 »
I gave up I ended up throwing the DS4 in the trash...

Anyone willing to make me a working one? Name the price and Ill pay it.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 07:44 PM - 01/04/14 »
FINALLY!
I did it but W11ce had to help me with the code a bit. We ended up by loosing the two trigger MCPs which makes it easier.

Its really smooth micro-movements are precise. Much better than I expected.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #143 on: 09:47 PM - 01/04/14 »
roads seal of approval? W11cE you just Platinum'ed the XIM's trophies...

btw we need an official pic of the roads seal of approval.

roads that took you some work and some time.. does not inspire trust for noob friendly at all this mod, not W11cE's fault i guess...
soon..

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 10:05 PM - 01/04/14 »
I gave up I ended up throwing the DS4 in the trash...
Sorry to hear that. Final decision?

roads seal of approval? W11cE you just Platinum'ed the XIM's trophies...

btw we need an official pic of the roads seal of approval.

roads that took you some work and some time.. does not inspire trust for noob friendly at all this mod, not W11cE's fault i guess...
To be honest. I didnt expect this to be that big problem. I havent heard of anybody who would have gotten this work without asking help. But then again, when i search for tutorials i dont leave feedback either unless i need help :( .

So lets see how many messages i have in my inbox from roads about this mod:
I count about 97 posts from roads. My personal favourite title: "where the @#$% are you" LOL
Those posts contain some talk from other stuff too, but still thats quite a lot...

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #145 on: 10:23 PM - 01/04/14 »
but at least roads posts are short so 97 msgs from him can be like 5 of mine LOL

i don't know this seems to be the kind of tutorial that carries a high chance that people will leave feedback ahah
nevertheless that is a true rule of thumb, most people don't say anything unless they need to. makes sense, it's the most human response, the path of least resistance.
soon..

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 01:15 AM - 01/05/14 »
Yes the posts were very short but I personally love spamming W11ce, its like... a hobby. If the Scheme would have been there from day1 maybe only 50 Questions and maybe some less if I knew I have to edit the software and how. Thought that would be not to touch. The Triggers that we only use digital will fall away now, again some Questions less. Soldering while checking for the player 1 lamp, even less. Checking the calibration with the serialmonitor of Arduino software, also less Q&A. Scheme what to connect where would also helped. How I connect is Teensy to USB and see if player lights up through the Edge. Then I connect the PS4 to the power triangle. Then press the home button to start up the DS4. Had to find out as at first you simply dont get it even if crystal clear now.  With these maybe the remaining questions could have been solved by the community. Not sure what happened yesterday night where W11ce changed the software for me.
No itís a great tutorial but not yet noob friendly I am sure he will edit the first post when its possible again. Also you can short out things at a lot of places.  W11ce helped a great deal and if he helps you too you are in good hands. 

xxgmon3yxx dont give up, get that DS4 out of the trash. Tell us what you did and whats not working.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #147 on: 01:19 AM - 01/05/14 »
too long didn't read..

juuust kidding  ;D i think the mod is just hard/complex roads the tutorial being good helps and the better the easier but still there will be the natural difficulty
soon..

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 02:18 AM - 01/05/14 »
Dont play with that matchbox AK :D

here is how I solved the housing

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #149 on: 02:27 AM - 01/05/14 »
my friends call me pyromaniac, they don't lend me lighters for more than the time needed to light a cig for "some reason"  ;D

your modbox looks slick roads.
soon..

Admin