XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109732 times)

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #90 on: 03:01 PM - 12/30/13 »
 Ok so when it is "calibrating" with the PS4 modded plugged in to the host shield the ds4 will not blink as if it is getting no power whatsoever and it is still "calibrating"?

I assumed the DS4 would blink like it does anytime it is plugged in usb I guess that was incorrect?

I will try it again any other ideas where it would be wrong? Possibly the host shield is not being programmed right? My wiring has been over checked many times.

I did do the version where SDI goes to mosi no miso and no 4.7k resistor is there something I should uncomment? I didn't see anything but that might explain where I am going wrong... gonna go check now
« Last Edit: 03:07 PM - 12/30/13 by Schecter-Man »

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 03:23 PM - 12/30/13 »
Ok so when it is "calibrating" with the PS4 modded plugged in to the host shield the ds4 will not blink as if it is getting no power whatsoever and it is still "calibrating"?

I assumed the DS4 would blink like it does anytime it is plugged in usb I guess that was incorrect?
It should slowly pulse yellow.

I will try it again any other ideas where it would be wrong? Possibly the host shield is not being programmed right? My wiring has been over checked many times.
There is a sketch that can be used to check connection, but it is not included in my zip.
https://github.com/felis/USB_Host_Shield_2.0 in examples board_qc.
The results will be printed to serial monitor.

I did do the version where SDI goes to mosi no miso and no 4.7k resistor is there something I should uncomment? I didn't see anything but that might explain where I am going wrong... gonna go check now
No code changes are needed when this is done.

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 03:25 PM - 12/30/13 »
OK possible mistake/question... the CS on the shield at position 1 goes to USB shield on Teensy and nowhere else right? I currently don't have it hooked up to all the CS's as I thought that would short them all out... all the CS's off pin 1 4151's go to their respective point on the teensy correct?

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 03:34 PM - 12/30/13 »
Yes. CS pins are unique for each chip.

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 03:56 PM - 12/30/13 »
damnit then it most likely is programming prob. Only thing is like I said previously my DS4 does NOT blink or "pulse" when plugged into the USB host shield but it does however light up my kb mouse converter and keyboard and mouse.

I just checked and with the DS4 plugged in where it should be "calibrating" I am measuring 4.99 volts going to the DS4

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 04:03 PM - 12/30/13 »
Try connecting xbox 360 controller to the host shield. Will player 1 led turn on?

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 04:20 PM - 12/30/13 »
i dont have a 360 controller

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 04:23 PM - 12/30/13 »
Ok, do you have a DS3 then?

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 06:46 PM - 12/30/13 »

When roads sees this, he will run away screaming like a little girl, yelling "T-T-T-THERE IS A MONSTER, R-R-RUN AWAYYYYYY".

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 12:06 AM - 12/31/13 »
Its actually what I needed in first place, good job! With this itís a 3-4 hour job as most time was studying the connections.
The problem is its how I connected things.

WHat happens if the VBUS jumper ist not cut well on the shield?
« Last Edit: 12:10 AM - 12/31/13 by roads »
Crusade atm: none

Offline RuaAD

• Spaniard
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 03:04 AM - 12/31/13 »
Nice Job W11cE !!

I'm still waiting for parts from www.lipoly.de and mouser, but with this schematic you have make my day  ;D ;D

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 03:18 AM - 12/31/13 »
Success! got everything working from what all I can tell except my button 10 looks like it is contantly on in joy.cpl and my right and backward on Left stick aren't functioning... any ideas where to troubleshoot?

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 04:01 AM - 12/31/13 »
WHat happens if the VBUS jumper ist not cut well on the shield?
Possibly teensy and /or host shield might be destroyed. Out of all things that you could do wrong, this could be the worst.

Success! got everything working from what all I can tell except my button 10 looks like it is contantly on in joy.cpl and my right and backward on Left stick aren't functioning... any ideas where to troubleshoot?
That button 10 might be just the pin 33/29 swap. One definition in code settings changes this. Do the left stick axes move at all?

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 04:14 AM - 12/31/13 »
left stick will go forward and left just not right and backward... I uncommented the area in the code because I am using pin 29

I have pin 29 not 33 and I am using all 4151's so this is correct right?

Code: [Select]
/////____Build specific settings___//////
//#define MCP4151 // Uncomment if you used MCP4131 in left joystick and triggers.
//#define MCP4151_RIGHT_STICK // Uncomment if you used MCP4131 in right joystick.
//#define I_DONT_HAVE_STICKS // Uncomment if you connected original sticks to teensy.
#define L3_CONNECTED_TO_PIN_33 // Uncomment if you have L3 connected to pin 29.
#define SPI_SPEED 5 // 0 = fastest, 7 = slowest
/////////////////////////////////////////

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 06:10 AM - 12/31/13 »
Nope, then it should be:
Code: [Select]
/////____Build specific settings___//////
#define MCP4151 // Uncomment if you used MCP4131 in left joystick and triggers.
#define MCP4151_RIGHT_STICK // Uncomment if you used MCP4131 in right joystick.
#define I_DONT_HAVE_STICKS // Uncomment if you connected original sticks to teensy.
//#define L3_CONNECTED_TO_PIN_33 // Uncomment if you have L3 connected to pin 29.
#define SPI_SPEED 5 // 0 = fastest, 7 = slowest
/////////////////////////////////////////
The opposite.