XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109545 times)

Offline KingAfrica

• View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #75 on: 12:27 PM - 12/29/13 »
I'm on chat ps4 now if you want?

Please post some gameplay vid, even live stream if you do not have a capture card.
I'll have a look into that as I am a noob to this streaming/capturing.

Offline xxgmon3yxx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Memo214
« Reply #76 on: 02:14 PM - 12/29/13 »
I just need the complete picture ring circuit, because I'm stuck on where the gnd go and also the 3.3v oh @#$% it, if you have schematics of the whole lot of wiring I'll take them.

Just want to game with you guys, after seeing W11cE and Wurst game last night I feel left out.

+1

W11ce if you find the time this is important for the average electronoob.
+1

I'm almost done I think, im just stuck on the 2 middle MCP's, I might even be wrong  on some on my wiring so a complete schematic would be nice to double check.

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 02:46 PM - 12/29/13 »
King if you have a working one and know some of these answers they would be appreciated!

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 03:06 PM - 12/29/13 »
I think i know some of my problem.. You guys say you plug in the converter and you use "joy.cpl" what is this and how do I use it?

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 03:27 PM - 12/29/13 »
 ok joy.cpl is the windows game controller calibrate got it... I had all 4 showing up but non responsive.. then only 2 were showing I am guessing some wiring might be off so I am going back through it... however the buttons were non responsive as well so perhaps it is the programming that is off? I have a lot of background in wiring but not any with teensy or arduino

Offline KingAfrica

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 03:34 PM - 12/29/13 »
King if you have a working one and know some of these answers they would be appreciated!
I think i know some of my problem.. You guys say you plug in the converter and you use "joy.cpl" what is this and how do I use it?

I don't have schematic. L2 the light blue on the flex boards goes to the MCP pin No 6, then from pin No 1 CS to No 22 on the Teensy board. L1  the light blue one on the flex board goes to the other MCP pin No 6, then from pin No 1 CS to No  21 on the Teensy board.
Joy.cpl is a joy pad calibration program you find on windows. On windows go to search  at bottom left and type in Joy.cpl press enter then it brings up the program. You use this to calibrate the  360 pad you are trying to calibrate . The ds4 flex board plugs in to your pc, then you plug the 360 pad in to the host shield. On joy.cpl you can select  the wireless controller and  calibrate it. Make sure you have calibrated the the modded DS4 pad first on Arduino. Plug in the teensy to PC, open. Pot ver7 this will open Arduino, make sure you select your version of the Teensy board and also select USB . Then upload to Teensy. Then open serial and you should see all the MCP data, then connect the modded Ds4  to the host shield so it's now looped. You should now see calibration started, just let it run for a couple of seconds then unplug the loop and Teensy board.  Now you can go to joy.cpl...

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 08:52 PM - 12/29/13 »
All my wiring was spot on... however I think I am missing something in the calibration. When I plug in the teensy it powers up and all looks good then when I plug in the modded ds4 no lights blink nothing it looks dead.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 10:55 PM - 12/29/13 »
W11ce some light-show would be nice after calibration is done.
Crusade atm: none

Offline KingAfrica

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 01:19 AM - 12/30/13 »
All my wiring was spot on... however I think I am missing something in the calibration. When I plug in the teensy it powers up and all looks good then when I plug in the modded ds4 no lights blink nothing it looks dead.

Try soldering to pin 29 instead of 33.
Also check your usb lead, I had the same issue, it was my lead. Try plugging in your DS4 usb only, does it light up?
« Last Edit: 01:24 AM - 12/30/13 by KingAfrica »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 10:24 AM - 12/30/13 »
Need some help here W11ce is not available atm. The connection of this is PS4 to DS4 (power triangle) and the Edge goes into the shield? Is that right? If I do it like that the DS4 flashes and the Teensy does not power up. I multimetered 5v is reaching the Teensy.
Anyone had the DS4 flashing?

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11:02 AM - 12/30/13 »
 The teensy doesn't look dead the ds4 modded looks dead it doesn't light up or anything. The teensy stays lit up the whole time. All indications are the teensy programmed perfectly it says "Reboot OK" "press button" I hit the button and then I plug in the DS4 and nothing happens. Then in joy.cpl all values are somewhat maxed out except Y is dead when I move the mouse and hit the keys on the keyboard nothing changes.

I am about to scrap this and do the STM32 that Mori did my dad did that days ago and it works fine enough... I just thought this might be better than his... GRRRR!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 11:09 AM - 12/30/13 »
can someone just tell me how to connect this. What goes to shield Teensy and DS4?

Offline Matrox

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 01:50 PM - 12/30/13 »
Not sure if this helps, I have completed this and currently building another cleaner version. But ran into some of the same issues.

To calibrate:
you need to plug the teensy into the PC (This will power the teensy) (NOTE:This is after you have loaded the potv6 teensy file to the teensy) then take another usb cable plug it in from the DS4 usb port to the host shield. Wait like 20 seconds and unplug all USB cables. That's it, the host shield should be calibrated. There are no blinking lights. (Might be a good idea to add blicking lights though.)

After calabration:
Plug in the DS4 USB CABLE fromt he PS4 to the teensy. Then Plug in your edge+KBM+wired xbox controller to the host shield, or to do a quick test, just plug in just the wired xbox controller only. To turn on the DS4 board, press the XBOX logo button, which if wired correctly is like hitting the ps button on the DS4. (You no longer use the DS4 USB port)

The reason I used the xbox controller is becuase I could not get it to work with the PS3 controller, not sure if it works with the PS3 controller or if i did somthing wrong, but it never work with it.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 02:41 PM - 12/30/13 »
Sorry, guys. I do have some other things to take care of too.

Thanks matrox for the calibration explanation. Just like that, except i would connect the mod to PS4 with usb cable connected to DS4 instead of teensy. This also pairs the controller with PS4. It will not work if these are not paired.

Offline Matrox

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 02:58 PM - 12/30/13 »
Sorry, guys. I do have some other things to take care of too.

Thanks matrox for the calibration explanation. Just like that, except i would connect the mod to PS4 with usb cable connected to DS4 instead of teensy. This also pairs the controller with PS4. It will not work if these are not paired.

Yep good catch, I was assuming they paired like I did prior to taking apart the DS4. If you have already paired the DS4 to the PS4 prior to taking it apart then you shouldnt need to  do it again once the modding is completed.