XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 104697 times)

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #60 on: 08:41 AM - 12/28/13 »
ok all is recognized I got the arduino board programmed with the POT_VER7. However when I plug in the ps3 controller I get nothing. Is it perhaps because I am using a ps3 controller not an xbox one? I think the main problem is its not sending the PS signal to make the controller handshake with the ps4.

Any ideas?

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 09:55 AM - 12/28/13 »
Roads, this is much easier. Here there are bigger solder spots than in N52te.

ok all is recognized I got the arduino board programmed with the POT_VER7. However when I plug in the ps3 controller I get nothing. Is it perhaps because I am using a ps3 controller not an xbox one? I think the main problem is its not sending the PS signal to make the controller handshake with the ps4.

Any ideas?
It is not moving because you have not calibrated it. You have to connect DS4 (that modded one) to the host shield. And also plug teensy to power supply. After that it should work.

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 05:00 PM - 12/28/13 »
But the teensy doesn't have to be plugged into the computer right? I was afraid of messing up ribbon again so I wired a 5 volt power supply up. Will that be OK? I am at work and will try after hopefully all goes well.

Offline xxgmon3yxx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Memo214
« Reply #63 on: 08:03 PM - 12/28/13 »
Im stuck on L2 and R2. DO they go from pcb to mcp4131 to host shield? Can anyone put up a complete schematic? showing all components wired together please?
Light blue connection goes from pcb to MCP. It does not connect to host shield, unless you mean those SPI connections that are connected together on all devices. I might do a complete schematic at some point.

Stuck again... l2 and r2 are connected together with wiper too? What about the  8,2k resistors? one is hooked to an orange 3.3v( Pin #8) and the other one to a yellow pin#6. but pin #6 is blue for L2 R2..

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 01:58 AM - 12/29/13 »
ok, I must be missing something... The teensy board programs perfect it finds it on com 6. When I plug in the controller to the USB it doesnt light up the controller so I must be having a power problem I imagine. However if I put the battery back in the controller powers up fine I am not sure if it is syncing though. (is there any way to tell if it synced?)

I have noticed if you touch pins 1 and 2 of a couple of the DAC's it sends a PS button signal and syncs to the PS4.none of the PS3 functions work when plugged in the USB though with controller or thru a kb mouse to ps3 converter. Also should the orange light blink or be solid orange or off?

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02:40 AM - 12/29/13 »
Told W11ce that me EE noob and hobbyist I need the shematics show where the voltages and groundings go.
Also he said that he will draw the shematics for the MCP4151 connection that is noob needed. Other than that the tutorial is great.
Crusade atm: none

Offline KingAfrica

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 04:31 AM - 12/29/13 »
I thought I'd post my complete wire up! I haven't in cased it nor will I. I can take more photos if the peeps require it and I will help anyone if they need it. I will not build for anyone either. The joys don't work as intended, it is just an adapter which will suffice until the Xim 4 is out for the PS4.

With script Wc11cE has provided, I have calibrated the teensy/DS4 and Pot Ver7 at speed 4. I also bought a 360 wired controller as the DS3 controller didn't seem that smooth and had binding issues. The XB360 controller is much better and very smooth and calibrated well under joy.cpl.

I could have built it into the controller, TBH I was to eager to make it work first and now it does, I can live with the aesthetics.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
« Last Edit: 04:42 AM - 12/29/13 by KingAfrica »

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
« Reply #67 on: 04:41 AM - 12/29/13 »
Ill have the pics of the wire setup if you don't mind King, as my first attempt was a dramatic failure.

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 04:43 AM - 12/29/13 »
I just need the complete picture ring circuit, because I'm stuck on where the gnd go and also the 3.3v oh @#$% it, if you have schematics of the whole lot of wiring I'll take them.

Just want to game with you guys, after seeing W11cE and Wurst game last night I feel left out.

Offline KingAfrica

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 04:46 AM - 12/29/13 »
I'm on chat ps4 now if you want?

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 06:57 AM - 12/29/13 »
whats your PSN?

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 07:12 AM - 12/29/13 »
I'm on chat ps4 now if you want?

Please post some gameplay vid, even live stream if you do not have a capture card.
Be humble

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 07:52 AM - 12/29/13 »

Offline Schecter-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 11:41 AM - 12/29/13 »
ok I ran the 5v the way the tut said and when the teensy is plugged in it doesn't power the ds4 is it supposed to blink? Also like I asked previously how do you know when/if it has calibrated?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 11:47 AM - 12/29/13 »
I just need the complete picture ring circuit, because I'm stuck on where the gnd go and also the 3.3v oh @#$% it, if you have schematics of the whole lot of wiring I'll take them.

Just want to game with you guys, after seeing W11cE and Wurst game last night I feel left out.

+1

W11ce if you find the time this is important for the average electronoob.
Crusade atm: none

Admin