XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 110453 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #165 on: 09:53 AM - 01/05/14 »
I dont know I measured over and over also adjacent points if I shorted something but the trigger MCPs were not working but I got Player 1. The 4.1 resistors between MOSI and MISO were not in the scheme anymore and the second post says they are not needed. A ton of cables less so the digital version is better in my opinion.
Crusade atm: none

Offline KingAfrica

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 09:58 AM - 01/05/14 »
^

Also KIngAfrica if your floating about in these forums and you could chime in, how comes yours, W11cE and Wurstwaser worked with 8 and Roads did not, still scratching my nugent here as I don't want to @#$% this up again.
Left, I can only presume ours worked due no shorts and 100% continuity on the wiring. I did have a few of these problems to start off with, but my 3rd board was a success. I still think the first board was fine, I just didn't understand the programming side (uncomment //). My joy.cpl was jumping from left to right, also I didn't calibrate the MCP's first attempt and didn't loop the host shield to the ds4. I can only assume I had some bad connections on my first board, I'll never know. I have the feeling had I known what to do I reckon it would have worked. I throw out the 2nd ds4 still wired up on the front part of the flex board in the bin as I wasn't happy with the MCP's soldering to the board. On my third attempt I removed the // on the programming side and it worked first attempt. I checked my wiring and even bought new MCP's just to eliminate any variables. Even after the build it didn't work so I knew it was my lack of knowledge on the programming and calibration.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 10:01 AM - 01/05/14 »
Yeah I think its wire up while player1 works, flash while checking it really runs down in the viewer and then edit the code. W11ce can I put up the digital code?

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
« Reply #168 on: 10:41 AM - 01/05/14 »
Yeah sorry Roads my bad, I meant the 8.2 resistors, did you do away with them with the mcp's as well as the connecting wires, as you just ran l2 and r2 wires straight to the teensy ?.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 10:53 AM - 01/05/14 »
Yes the light blue L2 R2 go directly to 21 22.
here is the code I guess its OK to post it.
http://www.FastShare.org/download/POT_VER7_kz.zip

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 10:54 AM - 01/05/14 »
Question: the buttons cant be mapped ingame, right?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 11:07 AM - 01/05/14 »
I wonder if this will work with the Edge Beta but why should it not.

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
« Reply #172 on: 11:32 AM - 01/05/14 »
Thank you Roads, much appreciated bro.

Offline xxgmon3yxx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Memo214
« Reply #173 on: 12:21 PM - 01/05/14 »
Anyone in the US willing to sell me a working mod? price is not an issue for me. ;) please reply via private msg or email. [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 01:01 PM - 01/05/14 »
That code is kinda experimental. Some extra stuff there. If someone finds out how to make those work, please tell me ;)

Yes. The triggers can be done digital way too. Now that i think about this, it would have been better to just include this to the easiest version. Didnt think about this when i was writing this. You think it would be better to modify this to the tutorial?

Also with PS3 STs bumpers need to be swapped with triggers to get ADS ST to work. This can be done with
Code: [Select]
#define SWAP_TRIGGERS_WITH_BUMPERS

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 01:06 PM - 01/05/14 »
+1
Yes modify the chart

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 01:11 PM - 01/05/14 »
Ok, i will modify the posts when i can do that again.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 02:49 PM - 01/05/14 »
Yeah also add my noob findings please it will help other solderpike heroes like Tuff and Mara. They lurk and if I can do it they also try. But Tuff doesn’t have a PS4. I think he is on the alpha as he is so quiet atm.

Offline KingAfrica

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 02:56 PM - 01/05/14 »
That code is kinda experimental. Some extra stuff there. If someone finds out how to make those work, please tell me ;)

Yes. The triggers can be done digital way too. Now that i think about this, it would have been better to just include this to the easiest version. Didnt think about this when i was writing this. You think it would be better to modify this to the tutorial?

Also with PS3 STs bumpers need to be swapped with triggers to get ADS ST to work. This can be done with
Code: [Select]
#define SWAP_TRIGGERS_WITH_BUMPERS

Do I need to add this to my mod?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 02:58 PM - 01/05/14 »
Dont think so, only if you have the buttons reversed after setting them in the XIM manager. That was the case for me. The VER7kz needs it.