XIM Community

Xbox COD Patch hurts performance  (Read 1222 times)

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
Re: Xbox COD Patch hurts performance
« Reply #1 on: 12:15 PM - 02/07/14 »
Probably got it mixed up with the PC patch, hahaha

(because the PC version runs like crap on beast machines)

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #2 on: 12:18 PM - 02/07/14 »
I haven't notice any difference, better or worse.

Offline McNappa

• MVP
  • He who dares dies and then gets teabagged
    • View Profile
    • Allah's snack bar online
  • Gamertag: McNappa
  • PSN ID: x_McNappa_x
« Reply #3 on: 01:21 PM - 02/07/14 »
Probably got it mixed up with the PC patch, hahaha

(because the PC version runs like crap on beast machines)
+10
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:40 PM - 02/07/14 »
Maybe they will fix the occasional framedrops on the ps4 in the process...

Its very sad that it takes a huge game news site for them to even bother of fixing @#$%. (if they even decide to).

Ive tweeted them like 15 times about the framedrops on ps4 asking them to fix it- no response. But then when they release a patch, they be like "keep the feedback coming, were really appreciating it". Freaking hypocrits.

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:49 PM - 02/07/14 »
I wish devs would just give us more video options... that way you can adjusted the quality to your liking similar to the way people adjust their PC games....

texture quality / antialiasing / resolution / shadows etc etc. Everybody has their own "happy medium" when it comes to graphic quality vs performance... by making 1 solution your never going to please everybody.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:14 PM - 02/07/14 »
that stands in exact contradiction of a consoles main target- beeing as easy as possible for gamers and easy to code games for.

Most ppl dont want to mess around with settings on a console and just start a game and play.

The only thing I wish they implemented was a FOV setting. Like make it 2 FOV settings- default FOV which is 65 and wide FOV, something like 90-95. Ppl cant do anything wrong when u just allow then 2 options for FOV.

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:23 PM - 02/07/14 »
Treyarch opened up a ton of audio settings to the user in BO2.. Taking it a bit further and giving users "high/med/low" options to various video options wouldn't be nice..

notice how I said "I wish they would"... I don't think they ever would do this, but I think they should. It would go a long way to avoid all the performance drama.

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:27 PM - 02/07/14 »
the only option I really want is the abillity to turn off the MFkin music.. that menu music is ridic.
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:34 PM - 02/07/14 »
God if FOV was wider on the console COD, it would be so much better....they couldn't because it was a performance issue, right? or that's what they said....

Offline Sgt8Bit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:18 PM - 02/07/14 »
Yeah, I've noticed this on Stonehaven and the new map Containment.  Containment is particularly bad when the bridge in the middle gets blown up....the frame rate drops dramatically!
Consoles: Xbox One X, Playstation 4 Pro
Display: Asus VP28UQG 4K Monitor
Audio: 2019 Mixamp Pro TR, Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X
Keyboard: Razer Tartarus Pro
Mouse: Logitech G502 SE Hero
Pad: Logitech G440

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
Xbox COD Patch hurts performance
« Reply #11 on: 04:38 PM - 02/07/14 »

Maybe they will fix the occasional framedrops on the ps4 in the process...

Its very sad that it takes a huge game news site for them to even bother of fixing @#$%. (if they even decide to).

Ive tweeted them like 15 times about the framedrops on ps4 asking them to fix it- no response. But then when they release a patch, they be like "keep the feedback coming, were really appreciating it". Freaking hypocrits.

There's huge framerate issues on that castle map. The game just has performance issues on every platform regardless of hardware
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:22 AM - 02/09/14 »
according to the Eurogamer test the problems werent near as big before last patch.

Other than that- poor coding is what comes to my mind, seeing how BF3 has like 10x better graphics and destructable environment and manages to run solidly at 60fps, even though at 900p instead 1080p (cod) on ps4, but that shouldnt be a big factor those couple of pixels.

The thing is- ghosts was still undeniably coded mainly for the old gen, because on the 360 I never have any framerate drops.

Im sure most of the problems on new gen consoles are fixable,  its that Activision/IW prioritize new mappacks and micro DLC rather than fixing major bugs/ op stuff in the game.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #13 on: 09:04 PM - 02/09/14 »
My neighbor bought the XBone and Ghosts this weekend.  Installed the COD patch so he never saw the old one.

Came over and played COD on my PS4 afterwards.  We both agreed that while PS4 was better / smoother (sometimes shockingly so), this game had to be 360 / PS3 first.  Not even close to Killzone's silky framerate.  And COD has *never* lost in that department.

Just goes to show you that whe devs focus on one system, the results can truly be fantastic.

(See:  Forza and KZ).

Halo, Gears, The Order 1886, and Infamous should really wow....

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck