XIM Community

XBone sells 2 million...  (Read 2672 times)

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
XBone sells 2 million...
« on: 12:12 AM - 12/12/13 »
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-sells-two-million-xbox-ones-which-is-good-ne-1481088998

Well done, especially since this is "sold" units, not just "shipped".  Sony and MS both off to great starts thus far, and after blue line of death and disc drive of doom overreaction BS, it's nice to see good news like this.

Console gaming's death at the hands of casual gaming / tablets / whatever new gadget hits the market seems to have been slightly exaggerated...

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
Re: XBone sells 2 million...
« Reply #1 on: 12:19 AM - 12/12/13 »
First line of that article was epic!
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #2 on: 06:16 AM - 12/12/13 »
The current availability of the xbone is much better than the PS4.  Do you think a lot of people will simply buy the xbone because they can get their hands on one?  I just wonder as we get closer and closer to Christmas if parents will spend the extra $100 so that their child can get a new console Christmas morning.

Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netduma R1
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor
AKG K702's - DSS2 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G502

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:18 AM - 12/12/13 »
Vary likely. How much did Sony sell again?
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #4 on: 06:23 AM - 12/12/13 »

This article didn't say.  Just said it sold "very well".   :-\
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netduma R1
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor
AKG K702's - DSS2 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G502

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:27 AM - 12/12/13 »
I just went to amazon and got one, and it was available for 3 day shipping if I wanted to but of course I chose regular shipping...The dude from the MS store  told me yesterday that Microsoft bought enough parts to build 4 million xbox ones and keep up demand for the holidays...Looking at how easy it is to get them right now, i think the guy is telling the truth.

Offline coldrushy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:34 AM - 12/12/13 »
The current availability of the xbone is much better than the PS4.

I'm trying to figure out why that is. According to the link within that article, as of 12/2, Sony sold 2 million PS4s. So it looks like Xbox1 and PS4 have almost equal sales, yet Xbox1's are everywhere and PS4s are no where to be found. What is going on? (Note, this is an honest question and not meant to illicit trolling)

An article I read about a week ago said that Amazon stopped selling PS4s because of the backlash they received for the broken units -- and supposedly they are in a standoff right now with Sony. That still doesn't explain the fact that I could drive almost anywhere today and pick up an Xbox1 while the only way I can get a PS4 is through eBay. Maybe Sony didn't properly plan for the demand?

Offline lordy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:40 AM - 12/12/13 »
The current availability of the xbone is much better than the PS4.  Do you think a lot of people will simply buy the xbone because they can get their hands on one?  I just wonder as we get closer and closer to Christmas if parents will spend the extra $100 so that their child can get a new console Christmas morning.

I'm 28 years old and I wanted a PS4 but missed the pre-order window. I heard a shop near me had stock for launch night so I went and queued at midnight for an xbone, it also released a week earlier in the UK.

I played it for the week enjoyed some Forza and then sold it for a nice profit on ebay which allowed me to pay over the odds for my PS4 on ebay :)

Since I have experienced both consoles I think PS4 is smoother and the UI is more intuitive. The xbone had a better launch title line up but over the next 6 months PS4 i think will trump xbone. The whole kinect 2 crap is rubbish as well. I got the kinect 1 on false advertising of what it coudl do and was disappointed. When I seen the advertising for kinect 2 I thought I'll give it a shot. Now i've experienced it first hand it is an improvement but still useless to the UK market, no TV guide for UK, facial recognition signs you out whilst playign a game if someoen else with an account enters the room, games don't install whilst connected to wifi, I had so many more problems with xbone but this isnt a hate thread lol.

Bottom line I think parents will buy there kids whatever they can to keep them happy if the kids are spoiled that way but longer term I think PS4 will be the victor in this console battle. Xbone will always have a market share but PS4 will be market leader, at least that's my prediction.

Can't wait for xim4, my K/D ratio on BF4 is 0.66 with controller, sad times

Offline nobodyfamous

• MVP
  • nerd with muscles
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:56 AM - 12/12/13 »

I'm 28 years old and I wanted a PS4 but missed the pre-order window. I heard a shop near me had stock for launch night so I went and queued at midnight for an xbone, it also released a week earlier in the UK.

I played it for the week enjoyed some Forza and then sold it for a nice profit on ebay which allowed me to pay over the odds for my PS4 on ebay :)

Since I have experienced both consoles I think PS4 is smoother and the UI is more intuitive. The xbone had a better launch title line up but over the next 6 months PS4 i think will trump xbone. The whole kinect 2 crap is rubbish as well. I got the kinect 1 on false advertising of what it coudl do and was disappointed. When I seen the advertising for kinect 2 I thought I'll give it a shot. Now i've experienced it first hand it is an improvement but still useless to the UK market, no TV guide for UK, facial recognition signs you out whilst playign a game if someoen else with an account enters the room, games don't install whilst connected to wifi, I had so many more problems with xbone but this isnt a hate thread lol.

Bottom line I think parents will buy there kids whatever they can to keep them happy if the kids are spoiled that way but longer term I think PS4 will be the victor in this console battle. Xbone will always have a market share but PS4 will be market leader, at least that's my prediction.

Can't wait for xim4, my K/D ratio on BF4 is 0.66 with controller, sad times

Funny cause i actually thought the opposite that my xbox1 ran smoother and more crisp then my ps4 mind you killzone looks very pretty but i returned it two days after, im actually thinking of returning my ps4 untill xim4 is supported tho if u wanna stop me today is the day 
"If steroids and other performance enhancing drugs are illegal for athletes,
doesn't that mean you're cheating in eSports and should be banned ?"

Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 / Sennheiser HD598
BenQ RL2460HT / BenQ XL2430T
Logitech G303 / CM Quickfire Stealth (Reds)
Rode Procaster / Rode PSA1
Roland Quad-Capture / Adam F5's / Adam F8Sub

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:19 AM - 12/12/13 »
Must be because I bought 3!

By the way, if you can't find one I would suggest going to SEARS. That's where I found mine. No one shops Electronics at SEARS anymore.
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Anti Aim Assist curves for ANY Game - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
BO4 Advanced Setup - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71097.msg718710#msg718710
Destiny 2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline McNappa

• MVP
  • He who dares dies and then gets teabagged
    • View Profile
    • Allah's snack bar online
  • Gamertag: McNappa
  • PSN ID: x_McNappa_x
« Reply #10 on: 07:22 AM - 12/12/13 »
M$ has increased the price of digital downloads for exclusive titles here in the UK by 5
@#$% jokers
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:46 AM - 12/12/13 »

This article didn't say.  Just said it sold "very well".   :-\

in about 10 hours we do get the official sales numbers for PS4 too
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #12 on: 07:48 AM - 12/12/13 »
About 2 weeks back Sony had passed the 2 million mark.  Both consoles are pretty even in sales, with the Sony having a slight lead.  Sony has also promisd that PS4s will be readily available through the holiday season to shareholders to capture as many sales as possible. 

Absent a shortage of parts of some unknown reason, both will sell out as fast as they can be produced through the end of Q1-Q2 of 2014. 

After that -- all bets are off and you'll start to see which console is able to establish a user base lead. 

The fact that you currently can find XBone all over the place isn't a good sign for MS, but provided they didn't give "shipped unit" stats in place of "sold units", they're doing just fine on paper. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline nobodyfamous

• MVP
  • nerd with muscles
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:00 AM - 12/12/13 »
Must be because I bought 3!

By the way, if you can't find one I would suggest going to SEARS. That's where I found mine. No one shops Electronics at SEARS anymore.

hes right i bought my xbox 1 there... and they had like 7 left over still

Offline nobodyfamous

• MVP
  • nerd with muscles
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:02 AM - 12/12/13 »
About 2 weeks back Sony had passed the 2 million mark.  Both consoles are pretty even in sales, with the Sony having a slight lead.  Sony has also promisd that PS4s will be readily available through the holiday season to shareholders to capture as many sales as possible. 

Absent a shortage of parts of some unknown reason, both will sell out as fast as they can be produced through the end of Q1-Q2 of 2014. 

After that -- all bets are off and you'll start to see which console is able to establish a user base lead. 

The fact that you currently can find XBone all over the place isn't a good sign for MS, but provided they didn't give "shipped unit" stats in place of "sold units", they're doing just fine on paper.

drew are we forgetting that microsoft charged 100 dollars more per unit... how does that fair in profit ?