XIM Community

CronusMax and xim3  (Read 14639 times)

Offline Fade2Blak

• View Profile
Re: CronusMax and xim3
« Reply #15 on: 09:46 AM - 12/23/13 »
Xim4 will work on the XBone when it is released without any add ons.
The Cronus is being used by XIM3 users who will not have access to the Beta.
If you arent buying a One until later in the year, do nothing and buy a XIM4 when it is released.

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #16 on: 01:26 PM - 12/23/13 »
If you arent buying a One until later in the year, do nothing and buy a XIM4 when it is released.

+1
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline bigmikeyg78

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04:19 PM - 12/23/13 »

+1

Not sure what the beta comment  means but as a cheap @#$% that is t made of money if there is an option that works for 60  instead of the  prob more expensive whole new thing  I guess I gotta go with cheaper solution
That's why I was wondering if there was going to be two options via xim.  Or just new xim4

Offline Fade2Blak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:15 PM - 12/23/13 »
The XIM4 will be the only end device that will support next gen consoles.  ObSiv is offering a Beta version of the XIM4 to people who currently own the Edge to use on the XBox One.  After the beta is over the Edge support will cease for next gen consoles and the XIM4 will be the only option.
One thing to think about is the cronus devise/xim wont be able to get next gen game STs , such as Titanfall, Division, etc.  So at most the max/xim combo is a temporary fix if you plan to use XIM in upcoming game releases.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:26 PM - 12/23/13 »

So I am curious.
Without everyone jumping down my throat let me ask a question

Do I spend the 60 on a Cronus max to get my xim3 working and give money to a competitor

or will there be A similar pass through device made by xim And I keep my money with a product I currently support ?

Or will no such device exist and I will have to get xim4 ?

Three possible scenarios that I need solved before I buy an xbox one when the new call if duty comes out next nov any help or insight would be appreciated

how bad do you want to play? if you don't own an edge and have an xbox 1 ... the buying the cronus is a good temp solution until the x 4 comes out in a few months.

Were hoping beta goes smoothly and there are no setbacks .. but betas are unpredictable and anything can happen including a delayed xim4 launch.

Offline Christoff

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01:40 PM - 12/24/13 »
So let me get this straight. Rather than let my $162 shipped expensive xim3 become a paperweight I can buy a $60 adapter to allow me to use it on an xbox one rather than buy (and wait) for a xim4 which will cost at least $150 if not more. Don't forget to add the shipping! Wait why is shipping for such a small package $12 again? Who knows.

Obviously the xim3 can be made to work with the xbox one but business is business and they'd rather make us all buy a new product.

So tell me again how using the cronuxmax is just a transition medium? I'd rather save that extra cash and not give my money to the developer who doesn't want to continue to support a product that obviously can be made to work.
« Last Edit: 01:46 PM - 12/24/13 by Christoff »

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01:58 PM - 12/24/13 »
So let me get this straight. Rather than let my $162 shipped expensive xim3 become a paperweight I can buy a $60 adapter to allow me to use it on an xbox one rather than buy (and wait) for a xim4 which will cost at least $150 if not more. Don't forget to add the shipping! Wait why is shipping for such a small package $12 again? Who knows.

Obviously the xim3 can be made to work with the xbox one but business is business and they'd rather make us all buy a new product.

So tell me again how using the cronuxmax is just a transition medium? I'd rather save that extra cash and not give my money to the developer who doesn't want to continue to support a product that obviously can be made to work.

What? Exactly what do you know about engineering?  "Obviously the xim3 can be made to work with the xbox one..." The hardware is too dissimilar of the XIM3 than the Edge.   You bought your $162 XIM3 back it was supporting the last gen consoles. No where did it say that when you bought it would eventually support next gen consoles.

Get the CronusMax if you want. No controller chat pass through makes it a no go for me. People who expect free stuff now-a-days makes me laugh. Stop being a cheapskate and UPGRADE.

btw you can sell your "paper weight" to help ease the cost of the upgrade. If you want the Edge you can get one for $80 shipped. That's how much I literally just bought mine for. Was a free upgrade for how much I sold my XIM3 for.

Also Obsiv said it wouldn't cost more than the XIM3 so it will be $150 OR less.

Nice first post. First impression is that you are someone who just jumps to concussions before actually doing any research on the matter...
« Last Edit: 02:02 PM - 12/24/13 by damstr »
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Jihad

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02:00 PM - 12/24/13 »

The XIM3 can work and does using the CM as a passthrough adapter, and it works GREAT! but its limited, sure maybe not right now but it will be once new games are released and the new XIM4.  Do i want to buy a new XIM? no AND yes...

No becuase like you it surprises me that the old can and does work with the new.

Yes becuase my old device will soon become limited and unsupported with ST's.

OB and his team are not trying to be shady and take your money you have the option to give or not give them your money. Buy a CM..pay $60.00 and be done with it. I'm sure its a great device stand alone but its just not for me.

Its for me at this moment becuase I can use my Madcatz stick for KI and my Xim 3 for COD and BF4.. come XIM 4 time and especially when PS4 is available.. tell you what I'll give you me CM for free if you still feel slighted by XIM

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02:11 PM - 12/24/13 »
So Christoff basically created an account to come on here and say that he isn't buying a XIM4 because the current fix of CM + XIM3 is cheaper and here now?

Cool story.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Fade2Blak

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:47 PM - 12/24/13 »
So Christoff basically created an account to come on here and say that he isn't buying a XIM4 because the current fix of CM + XIM3 is cheaper and here now?

Cool story.
What a waste of a password....lol

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #25 on: 05:36 PM - 12/24/13 »

Wow.  Just...wow. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
Re: Re: CronusMax and xim3
« Reply #26 on: 02:15 PM - 12/25/13 »

Cool story.

Lol Right!  Cool story indeed...

I was confused at first like @#$% is the point of this?   And who is this complaining now?

Funny he even broke down the shipping costs. 
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline derek0129

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03:35 PM - 12/25/13 »
I've been using the CM with my XIM3 for 4 days now on BF4 for the XBone. Definitely works and works well, but you can't chat with the headset, which isn't ideal. People have been saying it again and again: if you  are patient, get the XIM4 in a few months and it is going to be packed with features that the XIM3/CM combo doesn't have.

If I didn't already have a XIM3, I would be just waiting for the XIM4 and not trying to waste time and money to get hold the last-gen product and a CM. Since I have the XIM3, the $60 addition that lets me play earlier than the 3-4 months (or longer if there is the supply debacle of the last gen) XIM4 release timeline was worth it. But make no mistake, once I can get my hands on the XIM4, the current setup is on Craigslist.

If you're impatient and have money to burn and don't mind the lack of features, the XIM3/CM route at least lets you use the KBM.
Admitted XIM Fanatic since 2011: XIM, XIM Edge, XIM 3, XIM 4, XIM Apex

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06:31 PM - 12/25/13 »
I've been using the CM with my XIM3 for 4 days now on BF4 for the XBone. Definitely works and works well, but you can't chat with the headset, which isn't ideal. People have been saying it again and again: if you  are patient, get the XIM4 in a few months and it is going to be packed with features that the XIM3/CM combo doesn't have.

If I didn't already have a XIM3, I would be just waiting for the XIM4 and not trying to waste time and money to get hold the last-gen product and a CM. Since I have the XIM3, the $60 addition that lets me play earlier than the 3-4 months (or longer if there is the supply debacle of the last gen) XIM4 release timeline was worth it. But make no mistake, once I can get my hands on the XIM4, the current setup is on Craigslist.

If you're impatient and have money to burn and don't mind the lack of features, the XIM3/CM route at least lets you use the KBM.

+1 to you sir, well said.

I'm sure many that are currently using that set up have much of the same feelings about it and the XIM4 as you do.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline bigmikeyg78

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12:43 PM - 12/26/13 »

Ahh didn't know about the audio pass thru

Bunch of @#$% posts that were a bit childish but at least I got something outta it. I will now wait instead of spending the 60

Thanks

Admin