XIM Community

My family and I are going to be on National TV!(NEW TIME)  (Read 2005 times)

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
  • Gamertag: Sikpup
  • PSN ID: sik-pup
My family and I are going to be on Fox and Friends on TUESDAY, December 17th at 8:20 am EST.  For those of you who do not know, I lost my 22 month old Son, Rees (Richard Edwin-Ehmer Specht) to a drowning 2 days before superstorm Sandy.  In the wake of our loss my wife and I decided that the only way to get through it was to try to make some positive out of our tragedy.  We took his nickname. Rees and combined it with our last name Specht and formed ReesSpecht Life - a charity commited to the ideal of paying it forward.  Well after over 12k followers on Facebook, 100k visitors to our site (www.reesspechtlife.com)  and over 25k "ReesSpecht Life" pay it forward cards distributed, someone on national tv took notice!  I don't know why I am sharing this here, but some of you were gaming with me last year after this happened and I wanted to pass on the positive things we are doing in my Son's name...

(EDIT:  They changed the date to tuesday so that they can promote it on monday's broadcast!)  Awesome :)
« Last Edit: 03:44 PM - 12/13/13 by sikpup »
Science without experimentation is a vain and unprofitable pursuit

Offline metr0

• View Profile
Re: My family and I are going to be on National TV!
« Reply #1 on: 08:19 PM - 12/10/13 »
oh man...im really sorry for your loss man. im in nyc and experienced Sandy first hand. i couldnt possibly imagine how horrible it must have been. my thoughts go out to you and your family.

where are you located if you dont mind me asking...im not familiar with fox and friends but will this be on good morning new york here in nyc with greg kelly and rosanna scotto? i watch them every morning before i leave for work.

Offline anony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:21 PM - 12/10/13 »
epic dad you are

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
« Reply #3 on: 08:34 PM - 12/10/13 »
oh man...im really sorry for your loss man. im in nyc and experienced Sandy first hand. i couldnt possibly imagine how horrible it must have been. my thoughts go out to you and your family.
where are you located if you dont mind me asking...im not familiar with fox and friends but will this be on good morning new york here in nyc with greg kelly and rosanna scotto? i watch them every morning before i leave for work.
Fox and Friends is on FOX news channel.  We were on with Greg and Rosanna in April :). We are out on the island in a small town called Sound Beach

Offline GODJOEY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:54 AM - 12/11/13 »
Thank you for this post, I'm sorry for your families loss.
I'm warning you, I am a lethal killing machine. It was a secret government experiment. They did stuff to me. Spooky stuff... Anal stuff. It turned me into a dangerous telekinetic. As the ancient Tibetan Philosophy states "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #5 on: 11:12 AM - 12/11/13 »
So sorry for your loss.  If you posted something about it within the past year, i don't know how i missed it!  Glad to hear things are looking bright in light if your tragedy.  Keep holding on!
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
« Reply #6 on: 11:17 AM - 12/11/13 »
So sorry for your loss.  If you posted something about it within the past year, i don't know how i missed it!  Glad to hear things are looking bright in light if your tragedy.  Keep holding on!
Beezles,
I never posted it.  There were some people who I often gamed with that knew.  Some knew something was wrong and it came up.  This is the first time I ever posted here about it.

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #7 on: 11:19 AM - 12/11/13 »
Sikpup, I will def be watching. We miss ya man.

Offline xMetuZx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xMetuZx
  • PSN ID: xMetuZx
« Reply #8 on: 11:26 AM - 12/11/13 »
I couldn't imagine losing a kid, you're a strong man! Really an amazing thing you're doing, need more parents like you in this world. Just awesome man, really.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #9 on: 11:28 AM - 12/11/13 »
Came in here to pick on you out of boredom, but the 2nd sentence made me feel like a douchebag.

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #10 on: 11:49 AM - 12/11/13 »
That's awesome! I love Fox and friends! I have a buddy who records it b/c he can't miss it.

Sorry about your loss.

"Ouch, That hurt!" yo face

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
« Reply #11 on: 12:41 PM - 12/11/13 »
Sikpup, I will def be watching. We miss ya man.

man, between you and toad I may just have to get an xboxone and just suck it up.  I am bored only playing madden on my ps4.  I just cant play an FPS with a controller...  On a side note, things may get a little crazy for our foundation after monday and I may not have the time!

Offline Fade2Blak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:44 PM - 12/11/13 »
So sorry for your loss and congrats on turning it into a positive to touch other peoples lives. I could see how easy it would be to just curl into a ball of anger and grief but you turning it into an outlet to help others and memorialize your son in the process is what real humanity is all about.  Much respect to you and may all the blessings that you give be returned to you tenfold.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #13 on: 01:34 PM - 12/11/13 »
Beezles,
I never posted it.  There were some people who I often gamed with that knew.  Some knew something was wrong and it came up.  This is the first time I ever posted here about it.

Glad to know i didn't miss it and you are doing well!
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #14 on: 11:24 AM - 12/12/13 »
Sorry to hear about your loss sikpup. The worst tragedy that any parent could ever face. I absolutely commend you for establishing such a great charity with a great, simple message. Making something positive out of a tragic situation.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Admin