XIM Community

Prepping for the Xim360  (Read 1149 times)

Offline farmer65

• pes·ti·lent: Destructive to Life
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pe5TiL3nT
Prepping for the Xim360
« on: 12:25 PM - 07/30/09 »
Hi Guys..

my first post so let me start it right say that I bought My Xbox 360 Elite last year.. and have used it sparingly, why?  Because I'm an old School Gamer and tired of getting my but kicked with the "unwieldy" xbox controller (well, unwieldy to my 43year old hands).  However I can and do hang with the best of them on my pc including my 18 and 22 year olds.  I go from about 40 kills per session on pc to about 8 kills per session and sheer exhaustion on the xbox controller.

>:(  It has also come to my wife's attention that i'm more hypertensive playing the xbox 360 and less easy to get along with than when I rule on my pc.  She has also noticed (and routinely pointed out as she's cleaning up after me) a strange phenomenon that occurs when I "get into Swinging that club-like xbox controller all over the place" that I rage and get tunnel vision an tend to knock over lamps, lit candles, drinks, our 2 year old daughter and anything else that comes within a 20 foot radius of my "gaming cave" due to this "XBOX360 induced fever".  

However there is hope as I've explained to her. Over the last few weeks of research I explained there could be an answer for me (us) in the Xim360.  Everything I've read and seen has lead me to KNOW that the only choice was to go with the Xim Team.  Much to my amazement this wasn't a hard sell to my wife (not sure why).  Apparantly she thinks that if I had my keyboard and mouse to play with (instead of my "club like" xbox controller as she calls it.. sheesh.. women) - I would be more likely to stay "stationary" and less like to destroy our home, wound our children and have a myocardial infarction.

I have read these forums from tip to tail as a guest for a few weeks and now as a member and it is with the utmost appreciation to OBsIV, OMGsus, tweak, and all of the other members and moderators of the Xim Team and forums that do a SUPERB  ;D job of helping others and developing what I know is going to be a fantastic asset to our family, that I am happy to say, I thank you, and my wife thanks you and when my daughter can speak again.. she'll thank you too because my Xim360 will arrive Monday... August 4th. (already shipped).

So that being said.. can you please tell me the basic "preparations" I will need to take before arrival? This is what I have deduced so far... I will need to:

1. associate that .xim extension
2. disable mouse acceleration in mouse software and Vista
3. disable digital driver verification in Vista

Oh, Dell XPS Quad Core Tower, Dell 2707WFP monitor (xbox hooked to it as well) Love PIP!, Logitech G19 keyboard, Razer Mamba, Logitech Attack 2 (analog)and Extreme 3d Pro (digital) joysticks.

I Would like to Setup k/m for BF1943 on xbox and would love to use one of those sticks for flying in BF1943.. (not literally as I have been attempting with the xbox360 controller, poor daughter.. I'll have to buy her something pretty...) anyway.. thanks in advance and if you have any config files for BF1943 I would love to have them because my wife says if I can go one week without breaking anything or injuring someone I can back down to counseling 3 days a week (cause it's really REALLY cutting into my game time  :'()  Thanks guys... I'm sure you'll all tire of me quickly.

Oh, I still strongly disagree that the xbox360 controller is "club like" and has been used as a weapon by myself as my wife has described, however I have used it successfully on more than one occasion as a bola. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/figures/fig12-7.gif
« Last Edit: 12:41 PM - 07/30/09 by farmer65 »
Pe5TiL3nT

pes·ti·lent/ˈpestələnt/Adjective
1. Destructive to life; deadly.
2. Causing annoyance; troublesome.

Pe5TiL3nT" border="0

Offline snooze

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Snooze
Re: Prepping for the Xim360
« Reply #1 on: 12:37 PM - 07/30/09 »
Here is a starting point for the BF1943 config.
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=2852.0

Offline farmer65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:45 PM - 07/30/09 »
Thanks Snooze!  See?  Awesome community.  ;D
Pe5TiL3nT

Pe5TiL3nT" border="0

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:48 PM - 07/30/09 »
August 4th is Tuesday.  :)

Anyway, you may want to consider an alternative for disabling Digital Driver Verification in Windows Vista...I'm assuming you're using 64-bit otherwise this wouldn't come up.

I've used this driver for Windows 7 64-bit and it works beautifully.  No need to disable driver verification:

https://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/Software/USBXpress_Install.zip

I should add that you proceed like normal through the XIM installation.  Once you've installed and it prompts you to calibrate, close the calibration window.  Run the installer that's linked above and then navigate to your XIM install folder and run calibration. 

Offline farmer65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:53 AM - 07/31/09 »
Hey Tweak, thanks for the quick reply.. yep.. it's coming Monday.. so the 3rd. As for the OS - sorry.. it's 32bit so what will i do differently?  ;D
Pe5TiL3nT

Pe5TiL3nT" border="0

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:52 PM - 07/31/09 »
If it's 32-bit you don't need to bother with the Digital Driver Verification.  It's only an issue when you are dealing with a 64-bit OS.  As long as you allow the installer to install the drivers when prompted it will work just fine.