XIM Community

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2  (Read 4264 times)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
« on: 02:34 PM - 03/18/08 »
I will be playing this one tommorow. I will have a config posted the next day after I make some dry runs with it, for those that are interested.

Who here will be getting that game?
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Redshift

• View Profile
Re: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
« Reply #1 on: 08:47 PM - 03/18/08 »
I'm not sure if I will, seems like a good game, but not sure if I can justify the spending of 60$, seems like too much like the original, ACES thing sounds cool though. Let us know how you like it.

Offline azeledge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:25 PM - 03/19/08 »
fyi if you have  a frys store near you it's suppose to be $40 on thursday.  Have fun!
- AzelEdge -
"No matter where you go there you are"

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:49 PM - 03/19/08 »
fyi if you have  a frys store near you it's suppose to be $40 on thursday.  Have fun!

I do, I heard about that so I decided to wait until tommorow to get it for 39.99 weeeeeeee

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #4 on: 06:36 PM - 03/19/08 »
well i took the plunge....i enjoyed the first so i figured @#$% it.

The game looks bad! bad textures, no aa...ugh it looks awful. Compared to Cod 4 this is very bad.

xim simply will not cooperate with this game. i cannot work out a config to save my soul.......using a circle dz you get no diag movement. using square it will never come to rest unless you up the Transexponent but then its a mess when moving....used the dz finder thingy, its 33-34 but there is still lag when moving....its terrible!!!

using g5 v2 at 1600 dpi. even the kb is laggy.

Either I play it with a controller like I did with the first game or sell it!

heres what I have so far

InputDevice               = MouseKeyboard
MouseDeadZone             = 0
MouseUpdateFrequency      = 2
AnalogStickOnRight        = True
AnalogStickDeadZoneFind   = False

[AnalogStick]
DeadZone                  = 34
DeadZoneType              = Cirular
YXRatio                   = 2.1
TranslationExponent       = 0.50
SensitivityPrimary        = 7
SensitivitySecondary      = 10
SensitivityToggle         = MouseBack
Smoothness                = 0.3

ima try a halo 3 config with this and see how it goes

edit:

man I cant this right at all....ive tried all different settings...its still very floaty...like no control at all. BOO. SOLD!
« Last Edit: 07:56 PM - 03/19/08 by cameltoe »

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:41 AM - 03/20/08 »
hence the reason why im waiting for it to come out on PC  :D

Offline xPOLESTARx

• www.team-dropouts.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:58 AM - 03/20/08 »
wow... glad I didn't trade in a few games for it...

:o

Gamertag: xPOLESTARx

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:30 AM - 03/20/08 »
Interesting I heard the same thing - so I have it reserved to rent (and reserved to buy) tonight.

I am sure I'll get a config to work on it - someone had vegas (original) config, I think acrox or ding so I may try that, or my own halo 3 config.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:06 AM - 03/20/08 »
Interesting I heard the same thing - so I have it reserved to rent (and reserved to buy) tonight.

I am sure I'll get a config to work on it - someone had vegas (original) config, I think acrox or ding so I may try that, or my own halo 3 config.

his config is not very good at all..

ive tried every combo...no control at all....its all over the place. Im just so used to cod 4 where I move my mouse and I can place the crosshair exactly where I want...not so with rb6v2

I ve tried your halo config as well.....no go there....I dont like a loose, sloppy feel....
« Last Edit: 11:19 AM - 03/20/08 by cameltoe »

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:28 PM - 03/20/08 »
Anyone tried this on a PS3? I'm guessing the problems would be similar there.

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:39 PM - 03/20/08 »
even with the controller its messed! just feels loose

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:00 PM - 03/20/08 »
Sounds like a challenge to me.

I would say that the translation exponent is the most critical piece in the feel of everything. But I can visualize what you are saying.

The method I used for testing Halo 3 and COD 4 was basically as follows and applied some basic baseline rules to keep it semi consistent.

When reducing translation, primary sens has to go up to keep the same "feel" of previous setting.

When increasing translation, primary sens has to go down to keep the same "feel" of previus setting.

That sounds simple, but starts "exponentially" changing, and you have to adjust. Like on Halo 3 going from .35 translation and 15 pri sens to .40 and 13 pri sens feels about the same.

But if you go from .60 to .65,  this becomes false and you almost have to start reducing/increasing pri sens 30-40% (depends on game really). But since all games are different, I mapped out the settings based on cod4 and halo3 as best I could with an excel sheet with translation and pri sens that I liked.

My suggestion would be start at 0 translation and some stupid high pri sens like 80 (sounds silly but you'll see what I mean) then start going up by .1 and reducing the pri down by 1 until you get to about .20 then you start backing off by .5 then around .30-.35 you start backing off 2 or so.

so you end up going 0 through 100 on translation and a pri sens that you like. Phew, takes a while.

Of course, finding the deadzone size is key to keeping the jerkies away (mmm beef jerky..)

When I get a chance, i'll post my Halo 3 Cod 4 findings, trying to get a formula together that counts for exponential as it increases at higher translation expos.

I am basically trying to write something like

Enter current translation expo

Enter current pri sensitivity

Enter new desired translation expo

In order to keep same sensitivity "feel" your new sensitivity should be X

This would be based on a drop down menu for each game that would load the preset pre determined values based on the acceleration curves in that type of game.

Halo 3
Cod 4
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Of course, that takes time which something is precious lately, so I'll at least give you the rough calcs when I get a chance to pull them off my laptop which is currently 80 miles away, but I'll be out there on the 30th of march so I'll have to get them posted then.

Maybe, just maybe this will help people out more and people can keep sensitivity as fast/slow as they want it no matter what translation they are using....at least that is the hope.

:)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:16 PM - 03/20/08 »
i hear ya....and tried something like that...the problem I have is no matter what, when you stop moving the mouse the crosshairs keep moving making it hard to lock on a target. In cod4 I can pop out from behind cover and quickly line up a shot, bam dead! I cant do that with this game.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:08 PM - 03/20/08 »
Sometimes adjusting the deadzone to smaller that what it actually is sometimes helps. But the square look feel would piss me off, I am going to take a look at this game and find a config that is manageable to help people out.....cuz I like to be tortured.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:46 PM - 03/20/08 »
i have the DZ around 28 now....I just cannot get rid of the DZ and its pissing me off!!

I played a little terrorist hunt co-op...ugh the graphics are bad!! I actually just gave up and played with the controller.....at least I can get close to the enemy now.