XIM Community

RC Testers: Need your help  (Read 242729 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: RC Testers: Need your help
« Reply #1590 on: 05:53 AM - 12/28/13 »
They are ugly Id rather pay for STs
Crusade atm: none

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #1591 on: 05:57 AM - 12/28/13 »

no amount you can pay can rival with the revenue from ads most likely. and paying is not viable for everyone. paywall for me = no STs which makes the XIM4 be 1/10 of what it "is" atm. i'd rather use standards than pay for STs.
soon..

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: 06:16 AM - 12/28/13 »
I'll pay for ST's when the hardware is free.
Be humble

Offline izzy

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: 06:18 AM - 12/28/13 »
let's move to a topic we can discuss. does anyone see a reason why the XIM app shouldn't have ads?

that's free for us, uses little screen space, works "offline" and will get OB a ton of money in the long run. win-win?
Why would you even suggest this?
Ads???

Offline Pelican

• View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: 06:23 AM - 12/28/13 »
Today I learned that Bluetooth was NOT invented in 1994 by Ericsson, a Swedish multinational technology company.

It was invented by a 41 year old elderly German woman by the name of Roads, who lives in his mother's basement.

Scholars maintain that Roads created the Bluetooth technology in order to communicate to his mother from the basement that he was running low on his main source of sustenance, his mother's Mountain Dew infused breast milk, and Cheetos.
XIM3
Xbox One + 360
Logitech G700 Mouse
Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 v1.0
Spherex Xbox 5.1 Omnipolar Surround Sound System

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #1595 on: 06:29 AM - 12/28/13 »
Why would you even suggest this?
Ads???

advertisement. not aim down sight. any App on Android can "check a box" and get revenue through google ads instead of being a paid app. many many devs have found that to be incredibly more lucrative than the paid classic model. the reason is that if your app is like a game or similar, and it is a good one, people will be using it for a lot of time and that time will net you income from ads. while a 1 time paiement will give you a large sum at first, a lot less people will buy it. and once people stop buying the app your revenue stops.

take candy crush saga. the amount of time people will waste there is unbelievable. with ads it would be generation an unbelievable income to match. being paid, people look for other apps that do the same for free.
soon..

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: 07:58 AM - 12/28/13 »
Ads are ghetto.
Crusade atm: none

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #1597 on: 08:50 AM - 12/28/13 »
Ads are ghetto.

roads this doesn't even affect you, iOS works differently so you can still have your clean version xP
i agree with what you mean but i have no problems with ghetto stuff.
soon..

Offline sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: 09:31 AM - 12/28/13 »
It was invented by a 41 year old elderly German woman by the name of Roads, who lives in his mother's basement.

41yo is elderly now??

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: 11:28 AM - 12/28/13 »

41yo is elderly now??

LMAO

Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #1600 on: 12:11 PM - 12/28/13 »
I don't think the ad thing is classy at all but if it had to be done I wouldn't mind too much. I also wouldn't mind paying a small fee for the app. Also the paying for sMarty's doesnt sound too bad considering a lot of ppl here will just buy cod and call it a day , unfortunately. But then again we get into the fact that the hardware does cost money as well and I'm not sure if its the most ethical thing to charge for smartys... honestly I have no idea. Its a confusing subject.

Well have to wait and see whats in store though.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #1601 on: 01:01 PM - 12/28/13 »
OBsIV said he doesn't want/plan to charge for STs. please i beg of you all stop it with that idea, you'll crush my spirit if that ever happens. and i will be furious, even if not directed at OB (or rather besides) i'll blame you for it happening in accomplice terms.

ADs are not classy nor a necessity, just a way to make XIM more revenue which could benefit us all. sure it's a sight that will hurt our eyes, but isn't that a small sacrifice to make for such a high reward?
only affects Android. PC,iOS and Mac are all safe from this. so only the "android peasants" will hurt and we are used to it, most of Android's user base uses Apps with this kind of thing more than other Apps.

(normally most android apps have 2 versions, the ad filled free one and the paid one without ads and more features. this is standard model stuff. the XIM GUI has so much free space that it wouldn't even matter them being there. why deny OB money? at least like that we could demand more out of him. since he would be lacking the "we have small resources argument" further.)
soon..

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: 03:22 PM - 12/28/13 »
Android ads can be easily disabled . most by lucky patcher... Not sure if that's a lucrative method of embedding in the software ..maybe some other form of advertising generating revenue needs to be explored..

- But in all honesty android ads are easily bypassed.

Offline CameronMC

• View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: 05:32 PM - 12/28/13 »

I'd rather pay for the BETA to be out before new years, taking forever :P

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #1604 on: 06:58 PM - 12/28/13 »

I'd rather pay for the BETA to be out before new years, taking forever :P

Really its not that long... scuff wont even have next gen controllers for months... and they're just nodded controllers.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up