XIM Community

RC Testers: Need your help  (Read 242872 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: RC Testers: Need your help
« Reply #1575 on: 04:03 PM - 12/27/13 »
Hahaha I too would probably stick my hand in some fire to just get the @#$% beta already. I got my Edge after I sold my 360 with XIM3 so I haven't even gotten to use it yet. I just want to use the @#$% thing already.

Obsiv has a problem releasing an unfinished product. Calling it a beta was probably bad idea from the start since all the kinks will pretty much be worked out already by the time we get it. Only thing left for us "beta" users to do at this point is just voice our opinions on how things are setup not trouble shooting.

I would've GLADY paid for a software wired next gen upgrade for the Edge. Probably could've somehow incorporated paying for the upgrade as part of preorder or something. I don't know. I just know I'm @#$% bored with the controller and having all this free time where I could be XIM'ing and I'm not is mildly annoying. Haha

I know nothing of android development but the way singlecoil described how apps work on the vast amount of android devices this might be a true beta. It would be wise to expect compatibility issues with some devices, working through these compatibility issues is one of the points of the beta after all.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 04:05 PM - 12/27/13 »
While the android version is done we could have configured by PC.
Crusade atm: none

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 04:06 PM - 12/27/13 »
While the android version is done we could have configured by PC.
^^^^ this.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Arqos

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Arq0s
« Reply #1578 on: 04:08 PM - 12/27/13 »
god ... i am saying this in the most polite and somber way possible... i sorta feel defeated and helpless. like a sick little baby puppy that is lost...

my xbox one is sitting there collecting dust... can we please get the beta before the year is over... i am desperate ... 5 dolla sucky sucky ... 

Offline Sevids

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Rackman
  • PSN ID: Sevids
« Reply #1579 on: 04:18 PM - 12/27/13 »
I'm happily XIMing on my XBone using the CM adapter.  If you are desperate get one it the 360 smart translator works pretty well for BF4 on Xbone.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #1580 on: 04:24 PM - 12/27/13 »
i must stay quiet. i must stay quiet. i must stay quiet.

why d.. i must stay quiet! must. that's it. no more forums for me for a while..
soon..

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 04:35 PM - 12/27/13 »
I'm happily XIMing on my XBone using the CM adapter.  If you are desperate get one it the 360 smart translator works pretty well for BF4 on Xbone.
I get mine Monday. Can't come soon enough.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
RC Testers: Need your help
« Reply #1582 on: 05:01 PM - 12/27/13 »

no i don't like them
Crusade atm: none

Offline dragon9

• Xim4 and Xbox One S
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OleSchool60
  • PSN ID: Dragon_9
« Reply #1583 on: 05:54 PM - 12/27/13 »

Why waste the money. I'm sure the beta will be out soon. I've been using my controller. Sure I'm taking a beating but I would rather wait and have the best than rig something up and have a half @#$% product.

Mouse   - G502 & R.A.T9 Depends on how I feel
Mouse Pad - SteelSeries Experience 1-2 White
Joystick - Sony NAV
XIM - XIM4
Headset - Polk Audio 4 Shot
Xbox One Day One controller
Samsung 32" SmartTv

Offline sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 06:09 PM - 12/27/13 »
I'm conflicted because the release of the new consoles with BF4 (64plyr conquest OMG!!) has been laughable due to the basics not being done properly for both the game and X1.

And then I can't XIM as well but thats because the devs are making sure they're releasing a quality product.

I know they could release the BETA now and none of us would care about the kinks because we know its not finished and its more for our sake because we are dependent on the XIM now to play. But still it's comforting to know that behind it are people taking pride in their product.

I still feel frustrated though LOL....bloody westerners! FEED ME!

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 08:05 PM - 12/27/13 »

Why waste the money. I'm sure the beta will be out soon. I've been using my controller. Sure I'm taking a beating but I would rather wait and have the best than rig something up and have a half @#$% product.
We haven't even been told what bluetooth adapters work yet. Our definitions of "soon" is probably different.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #1586 on: 10:09 PM - 12/27/13 »
I know nothing of android development but the way singlecoil described how apps work on the vast amount of android devices this might be a true beta. It would be wise to expect compatibility issues with some devices, working through these compatibility issues is one of the points of the beta after all.

There probably will be some, though OBsIV was wise and primarily built the meat of the application in another framework rather than raw Android SDK Java. With that, the fragmentation should be less of a problem. However it wouldn't surprise me if there end up being some Bluetooth issues with some of the cheaper devices. Some of those cheap devices don't even have Bluetooth. I'd bet your Galaxy S, Nexus, and HTC stuff should be pretty safe though.

Other particularities will likely pop up, so the Android side of things will need some thorough beta testing across all of the popular devices, but that shouldn't be surprising to anyone.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #1587 on: 01:10 AM - 12/28/13 »
desperate ... 5 dolla sucky sucky ...

$10 dolla long time and we have a deal. lol.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
RC Testers: Need your help
« Reply #1588 on: 04:50 AM - 12/28/13 »
All i got from this thread was I can block people this forum is about to be nothing but blocked people :) lawls

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #1589 on: 05:45 AM - 12/28/13 »
let's move to a topic we can discuss. does anyone see a reason why the XIM app shouldn't have ads?

that's free for us, uses little screen space, works "offline" and will get OB a ton of money in the long run. win-win?
soon..