XIM Community

PS4 Bluetooth Technical Discussion  (Read 20932 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: PS4 Bluetooth Technical Discussion
« Reply #90 on: 07:32 PM - 01/19/14 »
See, OBSIV didn't need to worry about ps4 :)  He knew all along that the ps4 bluetooth issue would be solved by someone else and he could focus his time on getting the beta out.  Have you all learned nothing? "In OBSIV we trust" should be the forum mantra...

this really needs to echo so that both new users, un-techie users, non-regulars, recently returning members,etc all get that smacked in their face even before posting anything. even trolls would be more manageable if that resonates perfectly around.

the PS4 support "cracking" didn't even take that long considering in the whole wide world with billions of humans, lower than a handful of people were working on it for what is at most 2,5 months in their free time and they already reached proof-of-concept stages and the focus will be shifting soon to just implementation and validation/control/polish.
soon..

Offline Wurstwasser

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 03:42 AM - 01/20/14 »
Actually Matlo got his PS4 on January 9th and he "cracked" the bluetooth on the 16th. So it took him just a week.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #92 on: 10:23 AM - 01/20/14 »
There was no "crack" by the way. So far, the DS4 is just a standard BT peripheral. There is nothing special about it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Wurstwasser

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 10:43 AM - 01/20/14 »
Yes, it was more like reverse engineered.
BTW, will the XIM4E need more than one BT dongle (built in on XIM4) or will you manage the DS4 connection to XIM and the XIM connection to the PS4 with just one? Considering the XIM will still be a passthrough device on the PS4. And what about the latency? Is the XIM4 hardware design already finished with the BT and latency is just a software issue?

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #94 on: 01:10 PM - 01/20/14 »
Actually Matlo got his PS4 on January 9th and he "cracked" the bluetooth on the 16th. So it took him just a week.

i had no idea of actual timeframes hence why i use max values beginning from day1 release, that just furthers my point so ty ^^

There was no "crack" by the way. So far, the DS4 is just a standard BT peripheral. There is nothing special about it.

i know, speaking for myself, and i'm sure some others realise it too. but it's rather easy calling it "cracking", notice the punctuation, instead of saying it like "got it working" or something. where i'm from we use "cracking" as slang for getting anything working that we previously had no idea if we could or could not or how we would do it if it was possible.

it's what i'd say after i or another solved so math problem, i/he "cracked" it, and that is something not IT related and that we know that there is a standard solution to be found - we just need to do the calculations.
soon..

Admin