XIM Community

Poll

If the Edge would be PS4/ONE compatible would you still get the XIM4?

Yes
No

If the Edge would be PS4/ONE compatible would you still get the XIM4?  (Read 39288 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
BT adapter has to use a certain chipset that matches ours. We will provide a list of adapters that work when it's time.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
BT adapter has to use a certain chipset that matches ours. We will provide a list of adapters that work when it's time.

Hook a brother up...I invest in stock of said adapters....PROFIT

Offline metr0

• View Profile
you know what would really dapper my dilly? if we got the beta next week  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
you know what would really dapper my dilly? if we got the beta next week  ;D ;D ;D ;D

patience is a virtue....

virtues are overrated.

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker

I'm really hoping the Edge 'beta' be available for XBOne. In which case, would we be able to skip the BT adapter? I know you want to test all the functionality but I don't see why we would need BT if the console doesn't support it.

I've seen people mention mobile phone integration, which would make sense, but nothing confirmed yet.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
I'm thinking I should buy an Edge for the PS4/Xbox One? :)
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog

I'm really hoping the Edge 'beta' be available for XBOne. In which case, would we be able to skip the BT adapter? I know you want to test all the functionality but I don't see why we would need BT if the console doesn't support it.

I've seen people mention mobile phone integration, which would make sense, but nothing confirmed yet.

You don't understand, the BT adapter isn't for wireless peripherals. It's for wireless configuration -- an important new feature of XIM.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
I'm thinking I should buy an Edge for the PS4/Xbox One? :)

I suppose if you don't want to wait out for XIM4, and you have to have a next gen console then yes.

Offline rob3d

• View Profile
You don't understand, the BT adapter isn't for wireless peripherals. It's for wireless configuration -- an important new feature of XIM.

ximManager for Android and IOS available 2014!?

Offline thegurujim

• View Profile
I don't know if this has been said already but since a firmware update is out for the current edge or xim3 why not offer a another edge model with firmware already installed that's ps4/xbo compatible. Any updated firmware could be set so only this run of edge could install any ps4/xbo updates.  This way edges would still be sold and people wanting to wait for the next gen can either buy the "new" edge and then buy the next gen or not if they choose to.

Offline Bludwerk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bludwerk
Edge is too expensive to produce short-term. It would not be a smart financial decision to manufacture an Edge with the firmware update just so people can play next-gen in the interim before XIM4.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
I don't know if this has been said already but since a firmware update is out for the current edge or xim3 why not offer a another edge model with firmware already installed that's ps4/xbo compatible. Any updated firmware could be set so only this run of edge could install any ps4/xbo updates.  This way edges would still be sold and people wanting to wait for the next gen can either buy the "new" edge and then buy the next gen or not if they choose to.

this has been discussed in depth. you can read the discussion if you want. end result: XIM Edge is dead. we may get a cheap new XIM to fit the role of the accessible XIM and allow the other more expensive version price to be what it needs to be.
soon..

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile

patience is a virtue....

virtues are overrated.

Live for today for tomorrow may never come

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today

Procrastination is the thief of time

Time and tide wait for no man

;D

I want it now!
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline thegurujim

• View Profile
Never mind I just some threads that say he's going to make a beta firmware for the Edge so it'll work with one or both of the next gen consoles until the xim4 is released.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-

patience is a virtue....

virtues are overrated.

Live for today for tomorrow may never come

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today

Procrastination is the thief of time

Time and tide wait for no man

;D

I want it now!

yeah i wish this beta would happen get here a little faster as well because i'm waiting for it before i start playing multiplayer. this wait is killing me.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Admin