XIM Community

Re: What we know about next gen xim (This is where you discuss the sticky)  (Read 29506 times)

Offline Penitus Oculatus

• [CLASSIFIED]
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Diem
  • PSN ID: D1m3nt1o
Beta is ready just need the @#$% BT adapters!

k-crip, I apologize if there were members of the community confusing things concerning release. The Beta is ready. The issue is finding a reliable source of Bluetooth adapters for exiting Edge owners so that can test out the XIM4 firmware. There are a couple of vendors on Amazon with compatible $10 adapters (with Prime shipping) -- which is great. But, the quality/stability of these adapters are terrible. I'd say 1 out of 4 either outright don't work or fail to initialize often. We are trying to locate a better source of Bluetooth adapters for the Beta.

Yes, the retail Edge hardware has never changed.

Are BT adapters absolutely necessary to participate in the beta? Can we still connect via USB to a computer and edit it there? Because I don't have an Android device in my house except for my mother's phone, anyways.

Offline haspko39

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BeniAdem
Beta is ready just need the @#$% BT adapters!

k-crip, I apologize if there were members of the community confusing things concerning release. The Beta is ready. The issue is finding a reliable source of Bluetooth adapters for exiting Edge owners so that can test out the XIM4 firmware. There are a couple of vendors on Amazon with compatible $10 adapters (with Prime shipping) -- which is great. But, the quality/stability of these adapters are terrible. I'd say 1 out of 4 either outright don't work or fail to initialize often. We are trying to locate a better source of Bluetooth adapters for the Beta.

Yes, the retail Edge hardware has never changed.

Are BT adapters absolutely necessary to participate in the beta? Can we still connect via USB to a computer and edit it there? Because I don't have an Android device in my house except for my mother's phone, anyways.

Agree. Maybe it is much better to let users find the best BT adaptors during beta and share here to create a compability list. This would be faster and reliable.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup

Agree. Maybe it is much better to let users find the best BT adaptors during beta and share here to create a compability list. This would be faster and reliable.

Disagree. The average user has no idea how to appropriately do hardware compatibility checks or produce sane debugging/testing processes. Letting users just go buy whatever and try to confirm compatibility would be nothing but a giant cluster.

You'd have tons of people claiming compatibility for buggy hardware that only works in certain circumstances and plenty of people on the opposite side claiming something doesn't work when the problem is just user error.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!

no.
yes.

use your mothers phone when you can. it is worth it to do so. when you can't forget about it.
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Disagree. The average user has no idea how to appropriately do hardware compatibility checks or produce sane debugging/testing processes. Letting users just go buy whatever and try to confirm compatibility would be nothing but a giant cluster.

You'd have tons of people claiming compatibility for buggy hardware that only works in certain circumstances and plenty of people on the opposite side claiming something doesn't work when the problem is just user error.

you forgot FU*K after "cluster".

and i couldn't agree more with you.
soon..

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
One of the reasons for having the beta is to test it's new features across a wide array of devices. If you were to not use the BT function your contribution would be limited.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline haspko39

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BeniAdem

Of course it will not be completely left to users volition/findings, but there will be a master list which are going to be known, working ones. Users will just feedback the other model BT adaptors which may be cheaper or common available ones so that this will contribute the beta process to final release.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Wait what are we suppose to use with the beta if we don't have an Android device? Will there be a compatible Windows app that we can use if we have a BT4 laptop?
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Arqos

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Arq0s
is there a BT adapter that is maybe in the 20-40 dollar range that we know works for sure? i wouldnt mind spending 50 dollars or so at this point to buy a 100 percent working BT Adapter to beta test with.. Maybe we shouldnt be using a cheap one in the first place...

i was very sad to hear the news today about beta being delayed... i would be happy to help in anyway possible...

Arqos

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Wait what are we suppose to use with the beta if we don't have an Android device? Will there be a compatible Windows app that we can use if we have a BT4 laptop?

I don't think that has been confirmed for beta yet. But there will be a PC app for XIM4, Obsiv has talked about the PC app being identical to the mobile app.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!

usually people call it XIM Manager. sooo, yeah, you can still use the wireless features of XIM4 with just your average PC with BT..
soon..

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ughh... knowing that the beta is ready and it is just the bluetooth adapters holding it back really sucks. Impatience level just increased  :P

I have a bluetooth adapter lying around that I want to try lol.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
dunno if it's necessary or not, but Mist, can you rename this thread to reflect the name change in the "what we know thread"?  E.g.   XIM4-XIM4E FAQ + What we know  (Discussion thread).
XIM Apex | XSX | Huntsman TE | G502 LightSpeed | Artisan ShidenKai

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
Enclosure design is already done -- and it looks amazing. :)

sexy news

So what does this all mean for an updated ETA... or is Q1 still on track?
« Last Edit: 09:21 PM - 03/17/14 by mist4fun »

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER

Enclosure design is already done -- and it looks amazing. :)

sexy news

So what does this all mean for an updated ETA... or is Q1 still on track?
[/quote]

I would "assume" that everything is in place and out for production? OBsiv also mentioned that the orginal order number is in the 5 digit number.   So it could be 10,000-99,999 which also leads me to think the it's in production.  I highly doubt it will be available by the end of the month though.  My guess would be mid April or so.  Wow I just typed a crapload of possible BS.......lol.  ;D
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ XL2720 27" 144hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Admin