XIM Community

Re: What we know about next gen xim (This is where you discuss the sticky)  (Read 29507 times)

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
I bought a powered USB hub but OBsiv said he was confident power consumption was low enough that a powered hub isn't needed.
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ XL2720 27" 144hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
I bought a powered USB hub but OBsiv said he was confident power consumption was low enough that a powered hub isn't needed.

true. 95% of mice and keyboard setups don't need a powered hub, but since most of those (powered hubs) will run without power just fine and the price difference is so low can't hurt to cover all bases which is why i made such recommendation.

my setup has xmas lights and donut makers so i have had the need for a powered solution for XIMing in the past  ;D
soon..

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
Question:
How long will production take? I mean the physical encasing and packaging of the XIM4? Just seems like it might take a while to get that going after Beta is done...March being right around the corner, is this totally doable? I'm just genuinely curious.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Keep in mind, they don't have to wait for the beta to conclude to produce the production hardware. They can produce a bunch of hardware and then flash the golden master of the software to it later.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
Keep in mind, they don't have to wait for the beta to conclude to produce the production hardware. They can produce a bunch of hardware and then flash the golden master of the software to it later.

I see, so really everything can be set in terms of design, even though the software isn't. Hope Obsiv and co. have already started it....

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!

I see, so really everything can be set in terms of design, even though the software isn't. Hope Obsiv and co. have already started it....

he said he was starting this week or something iirc..
soon..

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Any real ides on what BT adapter we'll need for the beta?
Be humble

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
I heard we might not need a hub after all?
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
I heard we might not need a hub after all?

where did you hear that?

you will need a hub if you want to use the BT functionality since you will need 4 USB devices for that and XIMEdge only has 3 USB ports...........
soon..

Offline wunderdunce

• View Profile
Someone asked about Bluetooth again? I think this is a Unicorn we can safely let die.   ;D

« Last Edit: 08:44 PM - 01/24/14 by OMGsus »

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
W
T
F
!
!
!
soon..

Offline stason40

• View Profile
I wanted to know "XIM4Beta" make new opportunities for the Xbox360?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I wanted to know "XIM4Beta" make new opportunities for the Xbox360?

there will be all the xim4 features in the beta so yes there are new opportunities
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Long Duk Dong

• From Pain Comes Knowledge
    • View Profile
Great news on the beta... not so much on the BT's.
**From Pain Comes Knowledge**
XIM Edge
Razer DeathAdder
Logitech G13
Anker Laser Gaming Mouse with 8200 DPI
Sony Nav
PS4 Gold Wireless V7.1
Turtle Beach PX5
Oh-Yeah....