XIM Community

Re: What we know about next gen xim (This is where you discuss the sticky)  (Read 29350 times)

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
remember the most important thing to do is let everyone know that xim is the best adaptor out there. the more support there is, the bigger the community etc. the more likely it is we get better hardware / more RnD done by the Obsiv.

edit: forgot to mention the nextgen xim will have an SD slot to backup/transfer/store etc.
Also wifi for reasons i have not figured out yet.

#keepthedreamalive
#Obsivmakemeoneprettyplease
« Last Edit: 01:56 PM - 11/13/13 by Xenon »
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
Price undertermined yet

Doesn't matter. My wallet is ready

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
I want standard configs..I want to turn my next gen XIM into a XIM2 please. :(

Offline awdterror

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: awdterror
Has there been any mention of a trade-up program?

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
i hope to god that standard configs are never dropped. for the simple fact that I have spent alot of time tweaking and testing some of my configs going back to my xim2.

as much as i like ST's sometimes no matter how much you tweak em, they just don't feel right, yes from a technical point of view it may be just "in my head" but I still like the ability to use them moving forward.
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
Just donīt get rid of ballistics please! Theyīre what made XIm Edge awesome, canīt live without them.

Offline Lurkin374

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: lurkin374
will it be going back to an lcd screen? I still own 2 xim3's and prefer them over edge even though I don't own an edge. reason being color blind is a pain when the colors are not very different. red/green don't cut it.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
this is an info thread get out
Crusade atm: none

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
dont worry ill clean it up later again
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
So it seems like there will be next gen XIM for next gen consoles, please take my money :)

I live in Finland and for our doom Microsoft is going to release Xbox1 here in somewhere early next year. (just like spoiling NOKIA isnīt enough :D ) So i got some extra time to wait for XIM4.

It will cost around 150$? Will be released maybe quite soon after Xbox1 is on stock? :)

But one big thing to concentrate when creating new XIM, as a "high end PC" player i can easily notise quite much some input lag / what ever lag with XIM edge + Xbox360 compared to PC. Let those tester / developers take a note. Maybe its not XIMs fault but machines itself, hope next gen consoles are better with that too.  Áim lag is spoiling "touch" when playing with mouse.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
it will cost at max $150.
soon..

Offline Ditch Pickler

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ditch Pickler
Will xim4 have a screen like xim3?
Gaming Setup

Console: Xbox Slim
Headset: Triton ax pro
Mouse: Logitech G500
Keyboard: Generic Dynex "Bestbuy"
Mouse Pad: Razer Vespula
TV: Samsung 22"LED / 40" Samsung LED

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Will xim4 have a screen like xim3?
no. however there is a secret feature that will let you use a screen to configure the XIM, but we still don't know details. most likely it will be a smartphone companion app, so while it won't have the screen you will be able to use it as if it had.
soon..

Offline Jlira

• View Profile
Roads,
Thanks for the update.  Can you please confirm - the xim edge as-is will not work on XB1 but will function with the hub/dongle?  Any idea when these will be available?  I'd like to use the Edge on XB1.

Christmas gift from Obsiv:

If Orbital sees this fit, the Edge will be used a last time in a huge Betatest for some of the XIM4 features. The Edge will then discontinued sadly. So let that those lamps glow und plugs go hot a last time. You will have to buy hub and BT Dongle.

EDGE WILL SUPPORT NEXTGENS FOR A SHORT TIME

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Roads,
Thanks for the update.  Can you please confirm - the xim edge as-is will not work on XB1 but will function with the hub/dongle?  Any idea when these will be available?  I'd like to use the Edge on XB1.

NO. we still don't know anything about XB1 support. wait until they come out.
for now what OBsIV said is that there might be a beta with a special FirmWare update for XIM Edge that would limit functionality and allow for PS4 support temporarily. to be crystal clear, it should also work for XB1 but we can only confirm that AFTER they arrive at OBsIV's door or equivalent.

the hub is required because we will probably need more than 3 USBs on XIM for some particular situations - not clear yet - and my guess is it's solely for the BT dongle. any hub will do but i recommend a powered one.

said BlueTooth dongle you can buy today, it's an Asus something something and it will be required for using the companion app for smartphones that enable screen of the phone to be used to configure the XIM.

if you search the forum for info on how to use the PSMove Nav controller on XIMEdge wirelessly you will find the BT dongle identification
soon..