XIM Community

Re: What we know about next gen xim (This is where you discuss the sticky)  (Read 29511 times)

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rambo_Grandad
Heh. The only person whose 'knowledge' matters is OBsIV, who from the other thread seems reluctant to disclose the state of his knowledge/ what educated guesses he's able to make because he's worried about people stealing his ideas. This is going to end up as a 'try to second guess OBsIV's thoughts' thread... :)

One point I would make is that even if OBsIV doesn't come out with anything quickly, I bet other companies will get to market quickly with controller converters like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ps2+controller+adapter+to+ps3&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=24520475454&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8202268141735080661&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_9muuxyoeou_b

That should tie us over until OBsIV comes out with something.
« Last Edit: 02:40 PM - 11/26/13 by mist4fun »
Mouse: R.A.T. 9/ C4 Ngen mousepad
Keyboard: Logitech G13 (modded thumbstick)
Monitor: Eizo FS2333
Sound: You don't want to know

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Heh. The only person whose 'knowledge' matters is OBsIV

agreed

This is merely a dedicated space for you guys to compile info you notice as it comes along.

Offline CameronMC

• View Profile
XIM4 on which console first?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
He didnít say , this is not a question-thread honey, just post if you have a spy that works in the XIMtech garage. Likely the XIM4 will do both when its released.
Crusade atm: none

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
this is not a question-thread honey, just post if you have a spy that works in the XIMtech garage.

LMFAO....

That's the hardest I've laughed allll day. Holy Crap!

Back to topic, Sry TuFF.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
No Edge / XIM3 on nextgens
ETA XIM4 Q1 2014

Then my XIM 3 is going up for sale!
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Choo

• View Profile
Does OBsIV have most of the specs ready to go for the next XIM device?  In other words, is the XIM team really just waiting on receiving next-gen consoles in order to finalize the software and connectivity for the next-gen xim?

I remember the wait for xim3... it was quite long, but oh my goodness was it worth it!  :)

I will not buy a kb/m converter product from any other company than XIM.  The XIM product is the best on the planet.  I will definitely be pre-ordering as soon as it is available to pre-order.

I personally hope the XIM4 launches before Bungie's next game, Destiny.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Info thread, not a Q&A :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Reminds me of when the XIM 2 was released. You paid, got an order number and if I remember correctly there was a thread that would be updated every so often stating which orders were completed and shipped out.

Oh the good ol' days. haha
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline coldrushy

• View Profile
As someone who doesn't follow these boards as intently as everyone else, and wouldn't know where to look for all the tidbits of information that may have been leaked along the way, thanks for posting this.

This might be kind of obvious, but assuming there is a new gen. Xim, will it be compatible for both PS4 and XBOX1? I have the XIM3 for Xbox, but was thinking about trying the PS4 as something new. I would not get the PS4 if there were no plans to build a XIM for it.

Offline Atomfire

• View Profile
As someone who doesn't follow these boards as intently as everyone else, and wouldn't know where to look for all the tidbits of information that may have been leaked along the way, thanks for posting this.

This might be kind of obvious, but assuming there is a new gen. Xim, will it be compatible for both PS4 and XBOX1? I have the XIM3 for Xbox, but was thinking about trying the PS4 as something new. I would not get the PS4 if there were no plans to build a XIM for it.

It is clear there will be a next gen Xim and I believe it should support Xbox One and PS4 but obviously no guarantee's at this point something might come up when they get their hands on the consoles.
Xbox 4 500GB HDD
24" LG LED Monitor
Xim4
Logitech G13 Keyboard
Deathadder Mouse
Tritton AX Pro 5.1 Suround Headphones

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
long and short of it will be a super xim3-->xim4 style monster that will have this uber capacitive touch screen to do all your configurations with. It will continue to support standard translators with all the beauty and customisation the xim3 allows plus more.

not forgetting that it will also have an IOS/Android app which allows you to configure and change your configs in real time on the fly or simply nfc new configs to the xim4 device.

oh i forgot to mention that there will be a bluetooth 4.0 usb adaptor which connects to your pc and means you can update firmware etc straight over the air without having to plug it in ofcourse.

ps. #keepthedreamalive
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Hazeem

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Musashi Q8
  • PSN ID: Musashi-Q8
long and short of it will be a super xim3-->xim4 style monster that will have this uber capacitive touch screen to do all your configurations with. It will continue to support standard translators with all the beauty and customisation the xim3 allows plus more.

not forgetting that it will also have an IOS/Android app which allows you to configure and change your configs in real time on the fly or simply nfc new configs to the xim4 device.

oh i forgot to mention that there will be a bluetooth 4.0 usb adaptor which connects to your pc and means you can update firmware etc straight over the air without having to plug it in ofcourse.

ps. #keepthedreamalive

wow xenon this by far the gadget of the year, can't imagine the price :D.

for me i believe it should be a fusion between XIM3 & EDGE.

1) there will be or will not be a screen (i like my xim3).

2) support both consoles.

3) it will support standard translator/Ballistics curve.

4) it will store more smart translators.

5) wireless Nav.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Backwards compatible

cross gen cross platform - 1xim and 4 consoles
soon..

Admin