XIM Community

30 day policy.  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 30 day policy.
« Reply #15 on: 02:01 AM - 07/20/09 »
Honestly I'm shocked this guy couldn't find something that worked.  Halo is phenomenal with XIM.  I wouldn't have my 50 without it. 

Aside for having a level 50, I agree. lol. Halo is amazing with this. Either crappy mouse, wireless mouse, or doing something wrong.

Offline yekim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:53 AM - 07/20/09 »
I'm using an MX518, and a G15.

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:51 AM - 07/20/09 »
Regardless.. I feel sorry for you because us XIMers will continue owning you when you give up your precious XIM

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:37 AM - 07/20/09 »
Frankly, it's this sort of thing that's forced us to start charging a restocking fee. It's unfortunate, but, it'll help curb this behavior.

Just curious how this fee works? Dont get me wrong im thrilled with my Xim360, it owns. Just wanting to know what this is about.

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:51 AM - 07/20/09 »
More than likely, this will be like a 10%-15% fee that is taken off the refund. Seeing is how it would be a little "unethical" to sell a used unit at full price.

The price of the XIM in the eBay store is $184.95. If you take 15% off the 184.95, it comes to $157.24. That is what your refund would be. BestBuy, I do believe, charges a restock fee on most computers returned after being opened. Generally the same idea.

THIS IS A COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE! PLEASE DO NOT RAGE OVER MY EXAMPLE. lol

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:07 AM - 07/20/09 »
So technically there will not be a 30 day money back guarantee? It will be like 15% less?

Again, no intentions on given up my pride and joy. Just very interested in how the business works.

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:44 AM - 07/20/09 »
So technically there will not be a 30 day money back guarantee? It will be like 15% less?

Again, no intentions on given up my pride and joy. Just very interested in how the business works.

No.. It's 30-day money back guarantee*

*Subject to restock fee

All jokes aside.. I do see how this is a legitimate fee. If each person that jumped to the conclusion that it would be %100 PC-like for every XBOX game (ehem, retards) returned their XIM, they would potentially lose a lot of money. I don't see that happening in such volume right now, seeing is how this is a small community. When/If XIM3 comes out (a mass marketed piece of hardware, PROBABLY), there will, naturally, be a lot more of the @#$%-holes that like to @#$% and moan about how it's not good enough. When they, for some weird reason, thought an XBOX game would control exactly like a PC game (Yes, I know I paraphrased/stole this from OBsiV, it's a good point). This device works AMAZINGLY well. Very close to PC! If you don't like it, you are just getting CRAZY nit picky.
« Last Edit: 12:01 PM - 07/20/09 by Voli »

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:24 PM - 07/20/09 »
I think people are beginning to abuse the 30-day money back guarantee and that's why the restocking fee has been implemented. 

Like this guy for example.  He SHOULD be satisfied with it, but he must have a bug up his @#$%.

Offline yekim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05:06 PM - 07/20/09 »
I think people are beginning to abuse the 30-day money back guarantee and that's why the restocking fee has been implemented. 

Like this guy for example.  He SHOULD be satisfied with it, but he must have a bug up his @#$%.
I really hope you're not an owner of this company.. Is this how you guys treat paying customers?
I payed for my item, I was not satisfied, and I want a refund.. You cannot please everyone, and just like ANY other company, stuff gets returned.
If I knew it was going to be a big deal, and I was going to be down talked towards, I would have never spent my time or money with this product or company.

Offline Riseing

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My clan site
« Reply #24 on: 06:38 PM - 07/20/09 »
I really hope you're not an owner of this company.. Is this how you guys treat paying customers?
I payed for my item, I was not satisfied, and I want a refund.. You cannot please everyone, and just like ANY other company, stuff gets returned.
If I knew it was going to be a big deal, and I was going to be down talked towards, I would have never spent my time or money with this product or company.

All they want to know is a legit reason why you want a refund. A simple "I don't like it" is not a legit working reason for a return. As for the customer service it is some of the best I have ever seen. Post a topic in the help forum and see how fast you get a response. Now I suggest you get the bug out of your @#$% because if not you will be very lucky to get a refund for anything.  -.-
Help me in my quest to get tweak positive rep.
http://www.ximmers.com/forum/index.php
Go there for macros and such.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:20 PM - 07/20/09 »
Naw man I'm not an owner or affiliated in any way.

I just think you're a fool.

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12:11 AM - 07/21/09 »

I just can't imagine anyone NOT being satisfied with the product.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01:34 AM - 07/21/09 »
i loath gaylo, but it doesn't take me 5 min to get a playable config even in that game (that i touch on literally so rare a basis i always have to start over)
and i use a lowly xim1 lol

<- would gladly take a returned xim2 for peanuts :P
hahaha
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06:30 AM - 07/21/09 »
I dont think its fair to criticise this poor chap. He bought it on the understanding if he wasnt satisfied then he could return it with a full refund. It didnt meet his expectations (although, ok at this stage, how it didn't do so is surprising), and he wants his money back.

Offline Beaker1991

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10:17 PM - 07/21/09 »
My $1.25USD, @#$% inflation, $.02USD just doesn't go far anymore.

I agree with Gabbagod, everyone cut the gentleman some slack. It sounds like he is suffering from "Buyer'a Remorse". The XIM did not live up to his expectations and he can't justify keeping it at a $180 price tag. I have had "Buyer's Remorse" many times and Thank God Fry's has a liberal return policy. I also understand the XIM Team adding a restocking fee to returns to limit them. Newegg and many other retailers have this fee for the same reason. Another reason is legally the XIM Team can not resale the returned XIM as new, provided it is in working condition. So the XIM Team has to eat the cost and junk the return or attempt to resale it as used/refurbished. Since used/refurbished products sale at a reduced cost, the restocking fee helps cover the difference and inconvenience. However, having said this, if the restocking fee was not in effect at the time of the gentleman's purchase, my opinion is he should get the full refund (minus shipping).