XIM Community

30 day policy.  (Read 4448 times)

Offline yekim

• View Profile
30 day policy.
« on: 08:09 AM - 07/18/09 »
I've sent an email to [email protected] and have yet to have a reply, it's been a week now, so I'm curious as to what's going on.
I also read I need to contact "ShippingGuy" but I'm unable to locate his forum name? Or is this someone I email, also?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: 30 day policy.
« Reply #1 on: 01:10 PM - 07/18/09 »
What's the reason for your return?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline yekim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:23 PM - 07/18/09 »
I explained all the information in the email.
I'm just not satisfied with the product. (With all due respect to the people whom made it, I know it's not an easy task)

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:19 PM - 07/18/09 »
You probably had ridiculous expectations then.

Either way you need to PM "ShippingGuy" and not send e-mails.  Apparently he doesn't get them.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 05:15 PM - 07/18/09 »
I'm just not satisfied with the product.

Can you be more specific?

Offline yekim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:18 PM - 07/18/09 »
I was not impressed with the movements of the mouse. After much tweaking, I was never able to find a "comfortable" sensitivity, and it seemed as though it had a .1 second delay, which did impact my playing in a negative fashion. The product is great, I love what you guys are trying to do, this is just not for me, personally.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:39 PM - 07/18/09 »
I really hope you weren't using a wireless mouse/keyboard.  That would have a big impact on performance.

What game(s) were you trying to play?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 10:50 PM - 07/18/09 »
I was not impressed with the movements of the mouse. After much tweaking, I was never able to find a "comfortable" sensitivity, and it seemed as though it had a .1 second delay, which did impact my playing in a negative fashion. The product is great, I love what you guys are trying to do, this is just not for me, personally.

What games are you playing?

Offline yekim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:11 AM - 07/19/09 »
Halo 3, pretty much the only reason I play 360.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 09:40 AM - 07/19/09 »

And you aren't happy with the new smart translation system?

Every game has different levels of aim assist. Halo is on the heavier aim assist side of the spectrum. The new smart system produces the best translation possible given the constraints of the game. It's not perfect -- no 360 game will ever feel exactly like a PC because it can't, but, the general feedback I get about it is that it's pretty fantastic (even from level 50 players).

Did you expect PC level performance? If so, where did you get the impression that it would be that way?

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:03 PM - 07/19/09 »
ive noticed a lot of posts about sending these things back for a refund but i haven't seen any about sending them back for a replacment or fix.  mine just stopd working ,  is theres a police to send it in for a repair . 

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:15 PM - 07/19/09 »
How many times have I told you to contact "ShippingGuy" ????????????????????????????????????

Offline yekim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:50 PM - 07/19/09 »

And you aren't happy with the new smart translation system?

Every game has different levels of aim assist. Halo is on the heavier aim assist side of the spectrum. The new smart system produces the best translation possible given the constraints of the game. It's not perfect -- no 360 game will ever feel exactly like a PC because it can't, but, the general feedback I get about it is that it's pretty fantastic (even from level 50 players).

Did you expect PC level performance? If so, where did you get the impression that it would be that way?

I did not expect a PC level performance, but I did expect something I could comfortably play on without having to use a controller. For me, personally, I could not find the right settings for it to play as so. I addressed all of this in the email I sent.
When should I be hearing from "shippingguy"?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 08:56 PM - 07/19/09 »
I did not expect a PC level performance, but I did expect something I could comfortably play on without having to use a controller.

Have you seen the videos people have posted? To say that you can't comfortably play with any setting it quite a stretch. Frankly, it's this sort of thing that's forced us to start charging a restocking fee. It's unfortunate, but, it'll help curb this behavior.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:10 PM - 07/19/09 »
Honestly I'm shocked this guy couldn't find something that worked.  Halo is phenomenal with XIM.  I wouldn't have my 50 without it.