XIM Community

How do I map my Joystick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals to the XIM2?  (Read 4820 times)

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
xod's stuff will work.  It's kinda funky how to go about doing it.  Last I checked you sent all the mappings to the application via a command line box within the app.  Hopefully you can find the documentation on it.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
actually bouncing between configs in XOD's app is easy.
just use the exec bind.
I posted a couple examples how to do it in the New Version thread... page 4, reply #55...

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Oh, nice.  Well I still don't like the dude. :)

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
I saw that flare-up a while back. I think it was just a misunderstanding - everyone just talking past one another rather than TO one another. And I'm not a big fan of the autofire that he built in to his app. But some people like it and as long as they use if for "auto" vs "rapid" fire I don't really have a problem with it. Rapid fire is just straight up cheating...
I think the dust up a while back and the fact he built in auto-fire are the two reasons his rep is a bit damaged to some folks...
Anyway, he's been very helpful to me and anyone else posting in his threads...
His documentation is pretty good too. It's the same location as the application download. Just click the Wiki link above it.

Offline geo111

• View Profile
SlayerSteve,

I should have time to look at your examples in a couple of days. Last week I rebuilt my PC and installed the 65bit Win7 RC. Now I have to get the XIM360 software reinstalled and tested.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
65 bit? man, that must really rock! :)
heh.  yeah, anyway, this will all work with Win7.
Use one of the Driver Sig Enforcement disablers and go to town on it.
Oh, and make sure when you install xod's software you use the .exe and NOT the .msi.
so -
install XIM360 s/w
run enforcment overrider to "sign" the xim driver
install xod's app.
rock!

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Alternatively you can look for the thread with the German title and use that driver. It works OOB and no need for the F8 trick or slayersteve's nice find.

Offline Aceright

• View Profile
Would the flight stick and twist work with the stock application or is another app needed?

XIM understands your joystick's X-Y axis and all buttons. If your stick software can map it's functions in this way, then, there wouldn't be an issue.

What analog mapping are you interested in (i.e. flight stick to Xbox controller)?

After toying with this a bit, the major feature is the Joystick twists (for rudder; my Logitech is "Z") would be nice to be able to map that to the X axis of the sticks. e.g.

Right 360Stick x/y = Joystick x/y (=> Xim2 ALREADY does this!)
Left 360Stick x = Joystick Z (twit)

I can use buttons on the stick for twist but that kind of defeats the purpose and is not as natural. It would be great to get the "SLIDER" to work for acceleration BU a buttons wiorks ok for that. Xod's app has given me some troubles unfortunately so until someone can come up with a solid prfile I may be stuck.