XIM Community

Last Friday (BF3)  (Read 1326 times)

Offline andy_m

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: GT5_andy_m
Last Friday (BF3)
« on: 11:43 PM - 09/01/13 »
Hi fellow XIM peeps :)

I'm just reporting in that I had a great night the other night on BF3. My best session ever.

I know the stats may seem still pretty crap to most, if not all of you, but I managed to get 19 kills with just 26 deaths in a nightís session. Yeah, I know... I should be getting that in a twenty minute round, but I am probably the worse player ever and some would have given up by now. But I'm refusing, despite the abuse that I get on some servers LOL.

I have to say that my massive 0.73 KDR was not just because I'm able to use my keyboard and mouse now, but also because I was playing with a group of guys who know me and forgive my lack of ability. Rather than ask me to leave their team, which has happened to me in the recent past, they allow me to join in while in tanks or choppers.

I try to make myself as useful as possible by making repairs and such, and if I'm on the ground I will provide cover and help "take the objective."

So, all in all, with help from my XIM and my mates, I am making a marked improvement.

My aim now would be to perform as well with teams that, for some reason, do not like to communicate, whether through language differences or just preferring to stay quiet.
I realise that I should also make use of the other modes too. At the moment I mainly use assault and engineer and I sometimes use recon too, but Iím so bad at that I find it boring sometimes. I need to try my hand at support. I also need to start using and piloting the vehicles myself.

Iím now much better at driving tanks and other ground vehicles but Iíve still not tried choppers or jets, simply because when I first tried them I would crash pretty much instantly and I quickly gave up. Iíve not tried jets or choppers since using my XIM but after watching a couple of youtube videos last night Iíve decided to give them another try, probably this coming Friday.

Thanks for listening :)

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
Re: Last Friday (BF3)
« Reply #1 on: 08:21 AM - 09/02/13 »
Great that you like the Edge so much! Would you mind posting this to this section as well:

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=22313.0

OBsIV seems to always request initial feedback to be posted there. (I think it's his "happy place" on the forums that he goes to when some of the threads in the General Discussion get to be too trollish, LOL).

Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:24 AM - 09/02/13 »
ill put this to the feedback section :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline andy_m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:51 AM - 09/02/13 »
Apologies and thanks for moving :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:27 PM - 09/02/13 »
No problem. Good to hear you enjoy XIM. :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline andy_m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:03 PM - 09/02/13 »
And enjoying Battlefield with my chums as a result  8)

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #6 on: 03:25 PM - 09/03/13 »
And enjoying Battlefield with my chums as a result  8)
Accepted your FR last night. I was actually out of town (AFX [away from xim]) all weekend. Hope to party up with you soon once I recover my sleep deprivation.

Getting back to your OP...I was also pretty bad BX (before XIM). With sticks, I was something like 0.8 KD and camping my @$$ off to try to go positive so my 'friends'/co-workers wouldn't rag on me. Not fun at all.

A combo of XIM+experience and I've more than doubled my ratio and I'm enjoying the ride. I'm nowhere near as "1337" as many on the forums, but I'm having fun now. By 'fun' I mean XIM gives me the control over my character to do what I feel I should be capable of doing within the confines of the game. So the frustration over lack of gamepad-control is gone. How much I want to improve now is up to me to put in the time to improve my tactics.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline andy_m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:21 PM - 09/03/13 »
Thanks for accepting GreyMouser, I look forward to meeting a fellow XIMer online :)

I take it you are over the other side of the pond from me, in which case we may suffer ping issues. My internet provider is bad enough and I lag as it is. Having said that, I've been on maps with guys from that side of the world before and all has been okay.

You will have noticed that I haven't been online myself since Friday. I'm a rather infrequent gamer and I thought I had "grown out of" computer games to be honest, but Gran Turismo lured me back in a couple of years ago. I said at the time that, okay, I'll play this driving game, but nothing else, and certainly not FPS games...

In fact, I reckon I am probably spending as much time watching youtube videos, by guys like LevelCap, as I am playing the game and that activity gets as much of the rolled eyes treatment from my wife as playing the game does.

And here I am, spending my hard earned on peripherals that will make me better in FPS games haha.

BTW, I've checked out your stats on Battlelog and, compared to me, you're very much 1337. But you're right, and now that I'm happy (or happier) with my control method, it's now down to me to put the extra effort in to improve my BF3 skills, which is a daunting task in itself, given the different game and player modes. Counter Strike, at least when I used to play it, seemed a much easier game to grasp, in principle (game objectives).

laters  8)

Admin