XIM Community

Question about using my XIM Edge on PS3 (over from my 360)  (Read 787 times)

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Correct me if I'm wrong but the edge works on the PS3 as well as the 360 right?

I've only ever used my Edge on my 360 so that's why I'm asking this rather pathetic (on my part) question.

I really haven't touched any of the configuration aspects of my Edge since first connecting it to my pc long ago. So I really don't remember what was needed to switch it over to playing a PS3 game (in this instance I'm going to give Dust 514 a try).

Do I just disconnect it from my 360 where I have it set up now and connect it to my PS3 and that's it?

I could have sworn I had to go into my pc with it first and pick a PS3 compatible config first, then connect it to my PS3. Sorry but I am rather terrible at these things and I've grown accustomed to just turning on my 360 and playing games using the Edge without having to set up or config anything.

My BO2 set up seemingly worked quite well for almost every game I've played on my 360 using it, so I was wondering what would be a good "all around" config (maybe one that's already on their once I connect it to my pc)?

My instinct is to just disconnect it from my 360 and connect it to my pc but I want to hear from a fellow Ximmer first before I do so and eventually knowing me I'm going to mess something up.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
no theres nothing you can mess up, really
all you need to do is to connect your xim to the ps3 like you would with the 360
no adapter or anything needed
however use a ps3 controller this time

attach your xim to the pc before and run xim manager, there you can pick for every game the ps3 counter part
everything else works just like on the xbox, do your button binding, sensitivity and start to enjoy :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Sounds simple enough, thanks.  ;D
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559