XIM Community

Tank, Turret, Vehicle - Advanced setup & Turret Turn Assist setup for any game!  (Read 24034 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
dunno how big the files are but you could probably also upload them to the forum server, they would then be attached below the topic

unsure how that works, maybe ask mist or someone else
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
Try dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com

The new version of mega upload is good for that too
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
all seems good until the download links like to install 3 other junkware and not the cfg.......
please don't upload to such @#$% sites

I just tried all the links and I got no junkware or anything.. You must not be using google chrome.. just about any webfile free hosting you are going to get junk. Use Chrome web browser and install ad blocker.

Yeah, hate to say it but I got some malware too. I use Adblock Plus so any adware links didn't show up on the page (firefox). Within the download file, however, my Malwarebytes quarantined something I can't recall. So maybe I'll just do without the ADS-transition workaround. The other suggestions in this thread are great.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
For those of you who use Option 1 and option 3, I  have figured out how to group global profiles so you do not have to Lose your "Forward Mouse Button" as a dedicated global Key just for the Tank turret. You would be able to use the forward mouse button for the Infantry on foot.

This now also allows me to include the Jet setup using mouse and keyboard and Turn assist. Since Tank turret turn assist and the Jet Turret turn assist both use the Forward key but different setup you can now use both on the same key.

You cannot use this in Option 2. why? The edge can on read 1 global input at a time. If it reads 2 meaning if you hit 2 global key at the same time it will lock on the last one used and will not reset back thus messing up my loopholes. So again. Only option 1 and 3.

Let me know if you are interested. It will take some time as I will have to completely rewrite all the config files for options 1 and 3.

Yay no more spinning while in primary mode when I accidently hit my "forward mouse button" Tank turret!
« Last Edit: 04:33 PM - 08/27/13 by Zombieguy »

Offline andy_m

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: GT5_andy_m
Hi Zombieguy :)

I opted for Option Two, because you said you used it. So I thought I'd give that one a try first.

It took me a couple of hours changing the key bindings to my strange taste, being a numeric keypad user. It was hard work making sure I had all the bindings working the same across the different configs and also understanding what was going on with the temp hold configs. Eventually, after a few fails here and there, I managed to get everything working as it should.

I had a bash in a random forum, which was empty at first. But it soon filled up and I find myself in the middle of an average sized match.

I've never been a good tank driver. I have always disliked the options availabe for forward/reverse. This setup has helped me a great deal, to the point where I am now reasonably confident to jump in a tank and not make a total plonker of myself. I've still to learn how to use a tank in the game, tactically and all that, but that will come with practise.

One thing kept going wrong though. I've not had time since to check out my configs, and I need to write down how to replicate the problem because it appears to be intermittent, but the blue config for Tank Turret, which should be a temp hold load behavior, sometimes gets stuck on and I have to press a key to reload my red or green config.

I think that one thing I am doing it pressing the ADS key, thus loading that config with the right mouse button, and then pressing the mouse forward button so I can turn faster.

Perhaps the XIM has a problem with loading two temp hold configs at the same time. Or it may be that I have slightly messed up one of my configs. I'm also wondering if I should get out of the habit of firing and rapid turning at the same time. It would make sense, I suppose, to release the mouse forward button once in position and then revert to fine aiming once on target...

I won't know for a few days as I won't be online a bit till Friday (her indoors is starting to get a bit miffed at the amount of time I'm spending on BF23 lately lol).

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hey Andy I'm glad it's working for you. In option 2 you lose the right mouse button to the ads as a global config just Like the tank turret So when you are in the tank and press the right mouse button and the forward button the xim will lock on that toggle and will not reset. What are you using the right mouse button for while in the tank?

I resolved this issue if you use option 1 and 3 but when I tried the standard ads as in option 1 I could not aim. You dont realize how bad it is when you go back to it.  If in the future we get grouped configs in the manager this will fix all of that. You need to reasign you right mouse button for the tank to something else. Look at the pictures where I explained this for option 2.

Offline andy_m

• View Profile
What are you using the right mouse button for while in the tank?

Hmmm... good question, because that button would normally release smoke, if I remember correctly, at least sat in the drivers seat.

I think it is just a matter of getting used to the buttons and to the configs as supplied (barring the usual button binding changes).

And, thinking about it, I should be in "Soldier" mode (red) when I jump into the machine gunners seat. That's when I normally click on the RMB, in order to zoom in, so perhaps I could bind a different button for that purpose. No... that's a load of rubbish... ADS is ADS so I'll have to think of something else. I won't be able to try again until the weekend so it'll have to wait for a bit.

I'm finding that each time I try something different it is like starting over again, especially in "panic" situations. Add to that the fact I've only been playing BF3 for a month or so, I'm taking longer than I thought to get used to the game itself, the gameplay, all the different modes and game types... It's a massive game compared to what I used to play many years ago. In fact, if someone had said to me three months ago that I would end up totally engrosed in a shoot'em up I'd have told them to go play on the motorway. But there ya go LOL.

Keep up the good work dood :) And I'll read over this post some more, just in case I'm missing something (very likely).

May be that the Gaffer sees so much good work done here, just for one game, that we may well get some advanced config groupings in the near future :)

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Yes, when you are in the drivers seat in the tank you can't use the right mouse button using option 2. In the gunners seat it's set up that if you change seats it defaults back to soldier and you are ok to use the right mouse button.
« Last Edit: 05:56 AM - 08/28/13 by Zombieguy »

Offline x DOS X EQUiS x

• View Profile
This gave me an idea for Halo 4 vehicles. My only question is the Ballistic curve @500. Would that be enough to have good aiming on H4? I'll give it a try on my G13.
Formerly 3 MIX 2 WIN IT

XBOX 360 / PS3 /Wii / XIM3 / G500 / G9X / Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD / PC360 / DT 770 PRO / MIXAMP / G13 / 2 x Samsung 24" LCD

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
I have a working bf3 jet config also using the turret config. I figured out how to load different hotkey profiles attached to the same key. The tank turret and the jet turret assist are different key setups but need to be used on the same forward mouse button. I can now load the right one using the same key for both.  so basicaly iI grouped configs .'m also flying the chopper with this setup and let me tell you, you have way more control using the mouse and keyboard over the controller. I'll post everything this week when I get time.

Also I will explain how to group hotkey profiles to configs using the same key. And blocking that key so you can use it as a regular key function in any config.
« Last Edit: 10:33 AM - 09/03/13 by Zombieguy »

Offline andy_m

• View Profile
I seriously look forward to that Zombieguy. I was going to have a try at choppers and jets myself tonight and I might still do. I'm an impatient bugger and I'm itching to fly  ;D

Edit:-

Hahaha, I actually managed to fly tonight  8)

It wasn't pretty and I crashed quite a few times. But with the DS3 pad I couldn't even get off the ground, either in chopper or jet.

I'm still finding it very hard though. I'm all over the place. I'm going to need to put in quite a few hours on an empty server practising.

I've simply used the Tank setup for now but I've copied it to a new config just to get myself into the habit of pressing my "in-flight" button.
« Last Edit: 01:06 PM - 09/05/13 by andy_m »

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
If you do, use the left4dead2 prodfile as the bf3 look mechanic has a huge dead zone.

I'm working 14 hour days so I'm to tired by the time I get home. I'm on my phone right now.

Offline andy_m

• View Profile
If you do, use the left4dead2 prodfile as the bf3 look mechanic has a huge dead zone.

Ah, I edited my post as you made yours. So, yeah, as you can see, I'm using the left4dead2 profile that the tank driver config uses.

Can't wait to see what you have done  ;)  :D

I'm working 14 hour days so I'm to tired by the time I get home. I'm on my phone right now.
Hey! No pressure dood, I can wait really......

Offline x DOS X EQUiS x

• View Profile
@ Zombie
Can you help/assist me on making one for halo 4 vehicles and turret. I tried to make one but it just wasn't smooth. Thanks in advance. I'm in no rush too so whenever you get the chance.
Formerly 3 MIX 2 WIN IT

XBOX 360 / PS3 /Wii / XIM3 / G500 / G9X / Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD / PC360 / DT 770 PRO / MIXAMP / G13 / 2 x Samsung 24" LCD