XIM Community

Tank, Turret, Vehicle - Advanced setup & Turret Turn Assist setup for any game!  (Read 24031 times)

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
Moderators Note:
this Guide is a demonstration on how slow behaving elements such as Turrets, Jets, Vehicles, Tanks and others Objects can be made responsible and enjoyable with XIM running Mouse and Keyboard

The following Tutorial is based on Battlefield 3, however can be translated to any other Game
(see the Guide in combiantion with #4 for instance)

How to Backup and Restore Configs

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=23901.msg289838#msg289838

1. Turret Turn Assist for vehicles that have a Turret or Stationary Turret Vehciles.

Below I use BF4 as an example!

Here is a video showing and explaining how it works and how the Tank Turret works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi3dYkeG2f4

This is activated by assigning a key or mouse button in the config files "hotkey" as shown in the picture.
The best key to assign this Turret Assist is to the "forward Mouse Button". I tried many different keys and Buttons and the "Forward Mouse Button" allows you to handle the turret with ease while holding this button. Now when you first start using it, it will take some practice but takes no time to master.

If you are missing fingers, hands, arms then assign the "hotkey" that works for you.

Once you assign this "hotkey" this key is now dedicated through all Configs on your XIM edge.

To use it? While in game simply press the "Forward Mouse Button" and hold to use it. Once you release the button the config disables. However we are not done yet.

How to make it?

Make a new config file using the correct ST for your game or in this case I use the Left4Dead ST as the example for BF4. 

*****IMPORTANT*****
This requires 2 profiles for this to work.

1. Setup this new Profile with all the user fuctions you would use in the game when using your Vehicle turret or Rapid turning assist in Air vehicles. If you are using this for BF4, apply the ballistics curve or your own curve for other games. Name the profile to anything you want.

>>> XIM Edge Ballistics START Paste >>>
XEBH:0100030B1F3B587491A9C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C83408
<<< XIM Edge Ballistics END Paste   <<<

Refer to the picture.

2. Make a copy of the the new profile you just made. All the input user fuctions are not done. (Note, If you do not match the user fuctions in the profile you just made, it will not work. This is why you copy it so it is done for you) 

Refer to the pictures. Name the profile "Turret Hold"

3. Apply this curve

>>> XIM Edge Ballistics START Paste >>>
XEBH:01C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C850C3
<<< XIM Edge Ballistics END Paste   <<<

4. Changethe Load behavior to "Temporary Hold". Refer to picture - Save and you are all done.

Make sure that Forward Mouse button or the button you chose to useis not used in any other profiles. If you do and you press this button you will activate it in a profile you do not want too.

To use this while you are in the Turret vehicle, press your hot key to load your profile press and hold your Forward Mouse Button or desired key you picked. If you release it, it will deactivate. It only activates while you hold the button. It wont take long until you master it.

This turret fuction works great for anything that has a very slow turn speed.
« Last Edit: 08:14 AM - 11/14/13 by Zombieguy »

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
BF4 Setup
« Reply #1 on: 08:52 AM - 08/23/13 »
Coming soon!
« Last Edit: 08:09 AM - 11/14/13 by Zombieguy »

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
res
« Reply #2 on: 08:53 AM - 08/23/13 »
Res.
« Last Edit: 08:02 AM - 11/14/13 by Zombieguy »

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
res
« Reply #3 on: 05:12 PM - 08/23/13 »
res

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
res
« Reply #4 on: 06:54 PM - 08/23/13 »
res

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Reserved.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
excellent
so much work, detail, effort and most of all, value for the community!

stickied :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
Excellent work! I'm sure many people would be interested in this. I actually recently received a PM from someone on the forum asking how to install the BF3 configs. Next time I'll point them here!

:)

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Thank you!
 I got a few posts a week about my manual setup and other threads I had going on how to do it. I think what I have written here will eliminate most of that as I have tried to make it simple to install using a file and understand through the pictures and the Video I made. As you can see I am not a video person. I think I did 10 or more retakes haha. I felt so awkward.

In the end I hope I can offer the same best experience as I have playing BF3. You can enjoy all scenarios and vehicles of the game.  Besides the jet as I am still working on that one:)
« Last Edit: 06:27 AM - 08/24/13 by Zombieguy »

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Ok, Now will you please do an advanced setup for Nav users!

Lol... JK man, good stuff.

PS - You're Insane!

;)

Offline SadCustomer

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: none
all seems good until the download links like to install 3 other junkware and not the cfg.......
please don't upload to such @#$% sites

PS3 M:G500 BF3 H:82.25 A:254

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
ew really? let me change sites

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
Thank you!
 I got a few posts a week about my manual setup and other threads I had going on how to do it. I think what I have written here will eliminate most of that as I have tried to make it simple to install using a file and understand through the pictures and the Video I made. As you can see I am not a video person. I think I did 10 or more retakes haha. I felt so awkward.

In the end I hope I can offer the same best experience as I have playing BF3. You can enjoy all scenarios and vehicles of the game.  Besides the jet as I am still working on that one:)

curious - what is your upload bandwidth? :D

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Thank you!

curious - what is your upload bandwidth? :D

lol 600kbs

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
all seems good until the download links like to install 3 other junkware and not the cfg.......
please don't upload to such @#$% sites

I just tried all the links and I got no junkware or anything.. You must not be using google chrome.. just about any webfile free hosting you are going to get junk. Use Chrome web browser and install ad blocker.