XIM Community

*SOLVED (Kind of)* Out of options... ADS help needed.  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Rizo

• This text is irrelevant why are you still reading?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Riizo
Okay bare with me here... I use toggle ads with NOM4D button layout, which means when I ADS it's super slow. So I checked the forum and found something from zombie which uses a separate config for ads but it was still kind of slow, so then I changed the curve for the ADS config to the "boost" curve which made it faster. Then it was just a case of fine tuning the sensitivity. But now there is a massive gain when entering ADS. eg. When I click the right mouse button there is a speed increase which is throwing my aim way off. I've changed the delay from 0 all the way to 220 and still no luck. I noticed I was using a Mw3 config for Blop2 HIP which I felt comfortable with but I will try it with Blop2 hip and ads configs to see if that makes a difference. But to my question: Is there a way to stop that BIG speed increase when I right click to enter ADS... I think it's something to do with the delay but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Brian
« Last Edit: 04:25 PM - 08/19/13 by Rizo »

Steam & Origin: xRiizo
[email protected] + XimEdge = So Much Fun

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Out of options... ADS help needed.
« Reply #1 on: 10:11 AM - 08/18/13 »
I'm still at a loss as to why you guys are having problems with the ads transition. Every game has a different ADS speed yet I use my Blops 2 config for every COD game out there and I think it works fine. I usaully run the same sens hip and ads, I.E. 35/35. I do run X dpi approx. 500 greater then Y as Y is typically faster movement.

Offline Chance

• MVP
  • I use the XIM because I broke my right thumb.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
  • Gamertag: Chance SL
  • PSN ID: Chance_SL
« Reply #2 on: 10:23 AM - 08/18/13 »
Me too, I used the BO2 ST for CoD4 & it was fine.
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
---------------------------------------------------
Mouse-pad: SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
Delay: 120

PC & Xbox 360 Slim 320 GB HDD
---------------------------------------------------

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chance_SL/

PC: Yes.
360: Yes.
PS3: No.
PS4: Maybe.
XBONE: Never.

Offline Rizo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:24 AM - 08/18/13 »
It may run fine for some people but because I use Nomad and toggle ads it messes with the config, at least that's what I read on the forum. But because of the nomad and second ads profile: instead of the config entering the ADS part of it when I hit the right mouse, it is instead loading a whole new config... As for that last bit about y being faster, that went way over my head. xD

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:30 AM - 08/18/13 »
I've never used Nomad, how does it effect your ads speed? I'm also confused why you guys use a different config for adsing. Is it so you can use a hip config for ads? Why would you want to do that? The ads look mechanic is different then the hip so they wouldn't even feel the same if that's what you were going for. As for the X,Y thing. I'm talking about Mouse DPI, my mouse allows different dpi settings for X (left to right) and Y (up and down).

Offline Rizo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:35 AM - 08/18/13 »
Normally when you ADS you hold down the Right Mouse Button and the config knows what's happening and adjusts your speed. But when using NOMAD you don't hold Right mouse you only click it. Which means the config thinks you're back to using HIP sens, thus making the look speed really slow. So by binding a config to your right mouse button it will load a new config which will act as ADS thus allowing you to have more speed when aiming down sight. As for the mouse allowing different DPI per axis, my mouse doesn't have that option...

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:42 AM - 08/18/13 »
Ok, I see what your saying now. You definetly are coming from a PC gaming background. Personally I would suggest learning to play default mode. I know sounds crazy but toggling ads is a handicap IMO. Plus it isn't XIM friendly. Or wait a minute, isn't there an ADS toggle option on the XIM? I'm not home at the moment to look. Maybe not, just config toogle I think, I've never used it so I don't know.

Offline Rizo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:47 AM - 08/18/13 »
Unfortunately there is no toggle ADS in the config, only config toggle. :/ I know I should try to get used to ads hold but it's a lot harder than it sounds. I've tried it already and no matter how long I try I always end up clicking to ADS then letting go again and hip firing. xD It's quite frustrating to say the least.

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:57 AM - 08/18/13 »
Understandable, you should ask to be an RC tester as there's a thread in that section on this topic that may give you some answers.

Go to profile/modify profile/group membership

Good luck!

Offline Rizo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:09 AM - 08/18/13 »
Okay, thanks for the reply. I'll try joining the RC Testers and have a look.

Offline Rizo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:24 PM - 08/19/13 »
*update* I gave into what most people were saying and changed to HOLD ADS. I played most of the day yesterday and today with it trying to get used to it and holy crap. It's so much better when you use the xim in the way it was designed to be used... Got a few different configs ready to load tomorrow and see how things feel as I'm currently using a Mw2 config ( don't ask xD ) Still taking a bit to get used to holding instead of toggle, but I'm really getting the hang of it. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. =]

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: *SOLVED (Kind of)* Out of options... ADS help needed.
« Reply #11 on: 04:58 PM - 08/19/13 »
haha, nice.  I was the same way when I transitioned from PC.  toggle works ok on PC, but because of the way console is designed, it ends up being a hinderence, because of the sensitivity changes, and the fact that you can't break out of ADS by sprinting.

as you discovered, once you get used to hold ADS on console, it really is superior.

Offline Rizo

• View Profile
Re: *SOLVED (Kind of)* Out of options... ADS help needed.
« Reply #12 on: 05:46 PM - 08/19/13 »
Yea I ended up changing to Hold ADS on pc also, that way I wouldn't be switching back and forth. I now see why you guys have been saying it was superior :L Makes sense.