XIM Community

Internal Hardware Questions  (Read 1220 times)

Offline frank26080115

• View Profile
Internal Hardware Questions
« on: 01:13 PM - 07/15/13 »
Does anybody have a teardown of the XIM Edge?

I found a teardown of the XIM3, inside was a LPC1768 connected to a TUSB chip (a hub), is the XIM Edge basically the same thing?

Does XIM use mbed.org at all?

Offline Supta

• Let my people go!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Supta
  • PSN ID: SuptaTT
Re: Internal Hardware Questions
« Reply #1 on: 02:42 PM - 07/15/13 »
1 Post... something sounds fishy... Hmmm. I bet he is some high tech xbox employee trying to get our goodies!!!
" width="410" height="110" class="bbc_img resized" style="cursor: pointer;

Offline frank26080115

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:11 PM - 07/15/13 »
Well yea it's my first post, just got an used PS3 last week

Offline McNappa

• MVP
  • He who dares dies and then gets teabagged
    • View Profile
    • Allah's snack bar online
  • Gamertag: McNappa
  • PSN ID: x_McNappa_x
« Reply #3 on: 05:05 AM - 07/20/13 »
Lol. It's a raspberry pi. As if any of us here would give you the internal hardware config. Maybe if you had A LOT more posts that weren't " I want the schematic for XIM edge so I can try to rip it off " lol. Buy one, take it apart then good look to you. I know shed loads of programmers and only 1 of them knows how the trainer works. And believe me it's really genius stuff. OBSiV is very good at what he does that's why all the competition is years behind. You may not be a spy and just innocently posting. If so then welcome to the XIM community. All other questions regarding XIM will be answered in a prompt and friendly manner ( except ones regarding internal hardware and how the trainer works for the smart translators.).
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Internal Hardware Questions
« Reply #4 on: 10:19 AM - 07/20/13 »
Lol. It's a raspberry pi. As if any of us here would give you the internal hardware config. Maybe if you had A LOT more posts that weren't " I want the schematic for XIM edge so I can try to rip it off " lol. Buy one, take it apart then good look to you. I know shed loads of programmers and only 1 of them knows how the trainer works. And believe me it's really genius stuff. OBSiV is very good at what he does that's why all the competition is years behind. You may not be a spy and just innocently posting. If so then welcome to the XIM community. All other questions regarding XIM will be answered in a prompt and friendly manner ( except ones regarding internal hardware and how the trainer works for the smart translators.).

As if you could even answer what he's asking, if he was trying to rip it off he would just buy one, if his question was exactly answered it wouldn't bring him any closer to bring able to copy it. You guys need to engage your brains more often ::)
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline McNappa

• MVP
  • He who dares dies and then gets teabagged
    • View Profile
    • Allah's snack bar online
  • Gamertag: McNappa
  • PSN ID: x_McNappa_x
« Reply #5 on: 12:56 PM - 07/20/13 »
Lol @ PlaDale. Of course I could tell you what the internals are and I know exactly how OBSiV translates mouse to joypad movements. This ain't some alien technology. It's not hard to take apart. Software side is not my thing. It's his trainer thats the sheer genius part of XIM not the internal hardware or translator.
Hardware modder , hardcore DJ , turntablist , Boss , friend , lover , fighter , all round headcase

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:55 PM - 07/20/13 »
Alright, then what exactly are this guy's nefarious intentions that he'll be able to execute if you reveal your intimate knowledge of the XIM's inner workings? Oh, none. We all know what the smart trainer is and the principles upon which it works, because he explained it himself in his own YouTube videos ::)
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 03:27 PM - 07/20/13 »
Edge is ARM-based and is running a custom OS that we wrote (i.e. bare metal). We have our own custom driver model, USB stack, and Bluetooth stack. The firmware and translators are encrypted and the processor is set to the highest security level.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Admin