XIM Community

23" greatness.  (Read 1266 times)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
23" greatness.
« on: 05:20 PM - 07/09/13 »
Oh man, how I forgot how it felt to play on a 23" monitor.

Ever since I got the XIM, I've been playing on a 27" Samsung with all the bells and whistles. Recently decided I was tired of the glossy screen during the day time and ended up getting a nice 1440p Asus IPS screen. Problem with the high resolution IPS screens is that they can't really keep up with regular TN panels when it comes to speed... and movement definitely felt a bit sluggish compared to the Samsung.

So I pulled out the old (but still fantastic) Asus 23 incher and I'm fragging kids like no tomorrow, heh  ;D I totally forgot how a smaller monitor felt after using the 27" for gaming for so long.

So now I've decided to use the 23" as my main gaming monitor (for FPS at least) and have the 1440p right beside it for the PC activities.

Moral of the story, small monitors FTW. I suppose 27" might be okay if you are a fair distance away from it... but in my case 23" blows it out of the water.

P.S. if anyone wants to run some League Play Champions on the 360 send me a friend invite at: PERVY SAGE x

Tired of people backing out of games when they see a couple Masters on the other team  >:(
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline tattwah

• View Profile
Re: 23" greatness.
« Reply #1 on: 07:30 PM - 07/09/13 »
the downside of 23" is on Battlefield 3 PC at 1080p, the minimap become so small that i have a hard time to look for where the enemy from.Hopefully this will be fixed in BF4

Offline royoverinnan

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bloody Harry
« Reply #2 on: 01:14 AM - 07/10/13 »
Would be great if you could arrange the size of minimaps, ammo-count etc to your preference.
Smaller/bigger than standard size.

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
« Reply #3 on: 01:31 AM - 07/10/13 »
all I gotta say about topic: Thats what she said!

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:22 PM - 07/10/13 »
the downside of 23" is on Battlefield 3 PC at 1080p, the minimap become so small that i have a hard time to look for where the enemy from.Hopefully this will be fixed in BF4

Hit M to change the size of the mini map. You can zoom in / out without blowing the map up. Maybe it's N idk. Add me on origin if you want, name is same as GT but the O is a 0.

all I gotta say about topic: Thats what she said!

lol IRL
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline tattwah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:45 PM - 07/10/13 »

Hit M to change the size of the mini map. You can zoom in / out without blowing the map up. Maybe it's N idk. Add me on origin if you want, name is same as GT but the O is a 0.

Cool, thanks for the tips

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:54 PM - 07/11/13 »
I am really glad you posted this, as I am currently moving and for one night this week I had to play on my PC monitor... instead of the normal 46 inch Samsung smart..

wow OH wow what a difference in the lag.

I really had no idea the response lag was so awful... i used to merc fools , now i destroy them!
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!