XIM Community

Lachesis problems  (Read 3092 times)

Offline frekin

• View Profile
Lachesis problems
« on: 10:06 AM - 03/15/08 »
I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I just bought this mouse, and I'm starting to get used to its flat shape.  However, I can't seem to assign any commands to the buttons on either side.  I've tried MouseForward, MouseBackward, and MouseAux1 through MouseAux3, but the XIM r10262007 software does not register anything when I click those buttons 4, 5, 6, or 7.  Has anyone successfully mapped those buttons to a 360 controller command?

I'm actually thinking of returning the mouse.  The shape is still causing me problems, and I found the MX518 much more comfortable.  The pinky buttons are essentially useless unless I stabilize the mouse by gripping it tightly.  However, I haven't really used it with my XIM/Sniper yet because of the above problem.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Re: Lachesis problems
« Reply #1 on: 11:38 AM - 03/17/08 »
I feel you on the lach. I hate it.

I went back to the mx518 for the side buttons. The lach just gave me grief and I didn't like the shape of it or the way it felt so I kicked to the curb.

Mx518, so far is the best mouse imo for the xim when dialed up to max dpi.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:50 AM - 03/18/08 »
I've had the Lachesis since its release. Personally i say get rid of it. Razer deserve to have something hot, pointy and large inserted into one or more of their orifices for releasing this uncomfortable buggy assed POS. Only reason i havent returned it is because i purchased it from ebay. Only reason i havent sold it is because i would rather throw it against a wall than make someone else put up with such a shithouse mouse

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:42 PM - 03/18/08 »
I've had the Lachesis since its release. Personally i say get rid of it. Razer deserve to have something hot, pointy and large inserted into one or more of their orifices for releasing this uncomfortable buggy assed POS. Only reason i havent returned it is because i purchased it from ebay. Only reason i havent sold it is because i would rather throw it against a wall than make someone else put up with such a shithouse mouse

Well said. I personally hate ALL products from them, they are overpriced and are not worth a @#$%. Logitech on the other hand, I love the mx510 (a while back), the mx518 (now) I like, but not love the G series, I just don't like that anti sweat textured crap they put on top of the mouse.

Yep, razer products are crap. I don't do business with them anymore, many will argue but as a pc gamer since the 8088, I've tried it all.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline miraged

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:47 PM - 03/18/08 »
Yep, razer products are crap. I don't do business with them anymore, many will argue but as a pc gamer since the 8088, I've tried it all.

Yep, IMHO razer products are crap. I don't do business with them anymore, many will argue but as a pc gamer since the 8088, I've tried it all.

*fixed*

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:18 PM - 03/18/08 »
Nah, I leave out imho. They are crap, there customer service is crap I gave them detailed instructions on how to replicate the issue, and they would not bother. I went through every level of support you can think of. They are crap, and not just me that would be alot of people that have run across that.

As a call center engineer, I find it unacceptable that support would not communicate the technical details of an issue and not escalate it and simply say it's "My custom os". It was a default install with latest service packs as per what they recommend.

Bah, they are crap and worthless in terms of customer service, or any help you may seek from them.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline miraged

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:24 PM - 03/18/08 »

You said their products are crap and not their customer service, thats a difference!

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:21 PM - 03/19/08 »
I have to say that i USED to like razer. I have a copperhead and a diamondback, both are awesome mice, there is one thing i dont like about the copperhead and that is that the side buttons are too far in so it makes it hard for me to press them with my pinkie, the diamondback on the otherhand is an amazing mouse. But the lachesis cost me more than both of them combined and it isnt worth either of them. It is buggy, uncomfotable and basically pathetic. I do agree that the Razer support is not the best. They have decided that firmware 1.64 is the FINAL firmware for the lachesis even though there are still many many many people that are stating that it has not fixed their problems. Razer has apparently offered to replace the mice with ones that have been tested in the factory. Personally, i just dont give a @#$% enough to RMA it. It is the most uncomfortable mouse i have EVER owned. Also from what i have heard razer destroyed the N52TE's software. Instead of making it a simple upgrade from the N52 they instead changed the software around, dropped several things ie 4th shift state, user defined delays for macros as well as some other stuff more or less crippling what should otherwise be an amazing device. I think that the Lachesis has killed all support for Razer that i had.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:51 PM - 03/19/08 »
@skitzo - power to the people. :)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline frekin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:41 PM - 03/19/08 »
Well, apparently I waited too long and can't return the Razer P.O.S. Lachesis mouse.  I'm kinda bummed out by the fact that I blew so much money on the thing, but at least now I know I'm not imagining the problems I was having with it.  I guess I should just buy a few more 518s in case they go out of stock in the future.  I always end up destroying the mouse button switches eventually.

On a related note, has anyone tried the G9?  It reminds me of KITT from Knight Rider, and is apparently overpriced as well.

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:40 AM - 03/20/08 »
Sorry for the rant/rage im just annoyed that producers release such worthless pieces of crap without doing decent testing.

Admin