XIM Community

Battlefield 4 could get PS4 mouse & keyboard support, says DICE  (Read 15195 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Wow if this happens I would be the happiest man a live ( well not quite ). Playing games with friends I know in real life with a K/M :O :O

I hope PS4 set the standard and start giving K/M support to all there FPS games. Tom clancys The division with K/M support? eeeer yes please!

don't get your hopes up. chances are there will be native kb/m but games won't support it. and even if some FPS does support it,again odds are it will suck. i share your hopes and agree all the way, but last gen taught me that the game industry likes to rain on our parades xD
soon..

Offline Chance

• MVP
  • I use the XIM because I broke my right thumb.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
  • Gamertag: Chance SL
  • PSN ID: Chance_SL
KD doesn't mean @#$%, most of the players on this site aren't as good as they think they are. I'm sure there are plenty of great XIM users, but they don't post here!

Actually, in TDM games, it means a lot.

And you're right, I'm not as good as you think I think I am using a mouse....  :P ......that's kinda the point.  Even with me not being as good using a mouse, I still most often dominate against controller users.  Why? because there is a big advantage using a mouse.
There's a reason why I hardly ever see anyone with a KDR or SPM as good as mine.  Sometimes I see maybe 1 person every 2 weeks or so with stats to match....AND, my stats aren't even as good as other XIM users.  This is because the majority of controller users suck, even WITH aim assist.

Actually, suck is a bad word.  It's not that they suck, it's just that using a controller is using a gimped device to begin with.  This is why aim assist was even created in the first place...because controllers are not the best device for shooters.

The ones that play TDM suck because it's a joke, nobody good plays TDM

Nonsense.

I play various game modes, depending on whether or not I'm playing with my crew.  I don't find players in any other game mode better or worse.  Different game modes may have more people doing "team" work, but their individual skill level is still no different.  In any game mode I play using the XIM, I usually do better than controller users.  Now, whether or not we win as team is a different story. 

Point being again, more often than not, regardless of game mode, the mouse user is going to beat out the controller users.

TDM is dumb. It takes no teamwork and is populated by campers and bks. I have a 6 w/l, 4 kd, and 900spm in tdm and I played it solo.

You have a 4 kd.....but what is everyone's else's KDR in the lobbies when you play????????

Chances are, you're 99.9% the one with the highest KDR, which solidifies what I'm saying.  Mouse provides an advantage over controller.

I had a KD in the 4s with a CONTROLLER on BO1.  :P
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
---------------------------------------------------
Mouse-pad: SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
Delay: 120

PC & Xbox 360 Slim 320 GB HDD
---------------------------------------------------

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chance_SL/

PC: Yes.
360: Yes.
PS3: No.
PS4: Maybe.
XBONE: Never.

Offline Bronxstalker

• View Profile
KD doesn't mean @#$%, most of the players on this site aren't as good as they think they are. I'm sure there are plenty of great XIM users, but they don't post here!

Actually, in TDM games, it means a lot.

And you're right, I'm not as good as you think I think I am using a mouse....  :P ......that's kinda the point.  Even with me not being as good using a mouse, I still most often dominate against controller users.  Why? because there is a big advantage using a mouse.
There's a reason why I hardly ever see anyone with a KDR or SPM as good as mine.  Sometimes I see maybe 1 person every 2 weeks or so with stats to match....AND, my stats aren't even as good as other XIM users.  This is because the majority of controller users suck, even WITH aim assist.

Actually, suck is a bad word.  It's not that they suck, it's just that using a controller is using a gimped device to begin with.  This is why aim assist was even created in the first place...because controllers are not the best device for shooters.

The ones that play TDM suck because it's a joke, nobody good plays TDM

Nonsense.

I play various game modes, depending on whether or not I'm playing with my crew.  I don't find players in any other game mode better or worse.  Different game modes may have more people doing "team" work, but their individual skill level is still no different.  In any game mode I play using the XIM, I usually do better than controller users.  Now, whether or not we win as team is a different story. 

Point being again, more often than not, regardless of game mode, the mouse user is going to beat out the controller users.

TDM is dumb. It takes no teamwork and is populated by campers and bks. I have a 6 w/l, 4 kd, and 900spm in tdm and I played it solo.

You have a 4 kd.....but what is everyone's else's KDR in the lobbies when you play????????

Chances are, you're 99.9% the one with the highest KDR, which solidifies what I'm saying.  Mouse provides an advantage over controller.

I had a KD in the 4s with a CONTROLLER on BO1.  :P

Fair enough....but how many BO1 gamers have a KDR in that range?  You're not only in the minority, but you're in the extreme minority.  Most CoD gamers have a KDR under 1.5.

Offline manaus

• I am not creative enough...
    • View Profile
It would be a mistake for DICE to do this. Controller users don't want to matched with mouse users (hence the first comment: "controller vs. controller please"). The only option will be to separate them. When they do that, the gaming populations will be drastically unbalanced (obviously much higher on the controller side) to the point where it wouldn't be worth the development effort on DICE's part.

1000% AGREE
Previous owner of:
- XimEdge;
- Xim 4; and now
- Xim Apex

Console: Xbox One
Display: Gateway 21,5" widescreen (FHX2153L) (Very old, but it works)
KB: Arctosa Razer
Mice: Logitech G203

Be happy!

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
It would be a mistake for DICE to do this. Controller users don't want to matched with mouse users (hence the first comment: "controller vs. controller please"). The only option will be to separate them. When they do that, the gaming populations will be drastically unbalanced (obviously much higher on the controller side) to the point where it wouldn't be worth the development effort on DICE's part.

1000% AGREE

keyboard and mouse console players are now on PC servers. 1000 times the playerbase size than controller userbase. it would actually be a step up for those that choose that route.
it would quickly become the best selling point for BF4 in due time for DICE. and they would gain a lot of reputation for it.

you are welcome.
soon..

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
I've read this whole thread and still don't quite get why all the bickering (if so to speak)... I've been hearing for years controller players claiming that they can go 1on1 with KB/M players and in some cases I can say that it's true. Some cases...  ::) So I think it's time for everyone to put their money where their mouth is.
I'm an average/casual COD:BO2 player and with the XIM Edge I have a 0.96 KDR, and without even caring. When I play Domination I mostly do the dying to get the flags, because let's be honest... COD players ONLY CARE ABOUT THEIR KDR! >:( And I also was taught recently the KDR secret; Quit if you're losing (wich I think is hilarious!!)
And this is THE point i.m.o.... It's about all the good controller players that can frag the casual (controller) player and get big @#$% KDR's (to show off) being pitted against players that they know that even the average ones can give them a run for their money, hence most controller players want to play only against controller players and most KB/M players would say "bring it".

Chess Rule #1: "You can only get smater by playing a smarter opponent"

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline manaus

• I am not creative enough...
    • View Profile
What are you guys talking about?

Xbox > PS = who cares about PS4?

Xbox One is the console!

And it should be as it is...are you playing consoles? then buy Xim Edge or whatever...if not, then go to PC! LOL
Previous owner of:
- XimEdge;
- Xim 4; and now
- Xim Apex

Console: Xbox One
Display: Gateway 21,5" widescreen (FHX2153L) (Very old, but it works)
KB: Arctosa Razer
Mice: Logitech G203

Be happy!

Offline Bronxstalker

• View Profile
What are you guys talking about?

Xbox > PS = who cares about PS4?

Xbox One is the console!

And it should be as it is...are you playing consoles? then buy Xim Edge or whatever...if not, then go to PC! LOL

There are about as many CoD current players on 360 as there are on PS3....so I'd say many people care about the PS as a console.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
There are about as many CoD current players on 360 as there are on PS3....so I'd say many people care about the PS as a console.

don't bite, he is only trolling..
soon..

Offline zalibidas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Argath1011n
  • PSN ID: zalibidas2
Not sure if its been said yet.. only read the first and second pages mostly. Instead of insolating the groups on the console to two different console selections.. why not just let keyboard/mouse users play on the PC servers? Wouldn't that solve the problem? Or maybe things aren't so simple.. meh.

Offline graemepyle

• View Profile
Saw photos of people playing demo of ps4 with the controller plugged in.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Not sure if its been said yet.. only read the first and second pages mostly. Instead of insolating the groups on the console to two different console selections.. why not just let keyboard/mouse users play on the PC servers? Wouldn't that solve the problem? Or maybe things aren't so simple.. meh.

it's actually that simple. the only complex thing is convince those idiots to do it.

Saw photos of people playing demo of ps4 with the controller plugged in.

care to go a little further into wth you want to tell us or is you real name captain obvious? xP
soon..