XIM Community

Battlefield 4 could get PS4 mouse & keyboard support, says DICE  (Read 15194 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
depends on how they implement it, i hope we get further until launch
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
shame they are only still considering it, but with the PC-like PS4 they should implement it much like PC mechanic wise and the separation of paders and mousers should be their choice.

or maybe that will happen only on DICE servers and other servers will be left to choose from one option, the other or even both! seems the most likely outcome if they decide to do it.

hope this sticks and sets a trend!
soon..

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
would be kool.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Offline pdogg6

• Southeast Gamer
    • View Profile
I think the real question is if it will have good support lol.  Od1n nailed it...recently released CS:GO (Counterstrike:Global Offensive) for PS3 has KB&M support, but it stinks MASSIVELY.  I ended up setting it to controller in the game and using the XIME. :P.
RTR
Setup: PS4 - XIM Apex - G502 - Sony Nav.
PS4 Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdoggcss

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
I think the real question is if it will have good support lol.  Od1n nailed it...recently released CS:GO (Counterstrike:Global Offensive) for PS3 has KB&M support, but it stinks MASSIVELY.  I ended up setting it to controller in the game and using the XIME. :P.

don't compare the old systems with the new. really.. mouse was good on linux i assure you, crap everywhere else to start with...

plus Valve couldn't even nail the controller support at first and took them sweat and tears to get it better, not to mention Valve mouse support on PC IS SH1T for years and actually getting worse instead of better some might even say..

DICE got it right for BF series almost entirely on PC, if not for the slow speed cap they were also good on console.. so have a little faith ^^
soon..

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
It would be a mistake for DICE to do this. Controller users don't want to matched with mouse users (hence the first comment: "controller vs. controller please"). The only option will be to separate them. When they do that, the gaming populations will be drastically unbalanced (obviously much higher on the controller side) to the point where it wouldn't be worth the development effort on DICE's part.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
It would be a mistake for DICE to do this. Controller users don't want to matched with mouse users (hence the first comment: "controller vs. controller please"). The only option will be to separate them. When they do that, the gaming populations will be drastically unbalanced (obviously much higher on the controller side) to the point where it wouldn't be worth the development effort on DICE's part.

welcome back master.

i am most troubled to point a finger in the direction of your reasoning, but since the warframe guys have proven even a small team can do cross platform gaming, you can just lump console mousers with PC players and therefore eliminate all the cons. sorry OB, the XIM will still be useful for a lot of stuff including tuning the mouse support even if one is given so don't fret..
soon..

Offline tattwah

• View Profile
If the news is true that would be amazing, provided they don't separate the server, even if they do, its still going to be amazing having native M/KB support.This solves the turret turning issue which affected most of the ximers.
Although personally I think Mouse and keyboard support for the game is highly unlikely.The average userbase on console pretty much prefers controller and adding the support means they need to redo alot of work.
The only way i would see it works is matching controller and mouse user together but turn off aim assist completely for mouse and keyboard user aim assist on for controller player, but then controller player will still @#$% about being unfair.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
If the news is true that would be amazing, provided they don't separate the server, even if they do, its still going to be amazing having native M/KB support.This solves the turret turning issue which affected most of the ximers.
Although personally I think Mouse and keyboard support for the game is highly unlikely.The average userbase on console pretty much prefers controller and adding the support means they need to redo alot of work.
The only way i would see it works is matching controller and mouse user together but turn off aim assist completely for mouse and keyboard user aim assist on for controller player, but then controller player will still @#$% about being unfair.

redo what lot of work ? i hope you realise the DICE that makes BF4 for PC is the SAME DICE that makes the PS4 and Xbox1 versions.. what work ? allow an interface option to turn "console mode" on/off ?! porting the PC input setup is probably not enough work to keep DICE busy for a single day time on PS4. Xbone not having kbm natively can be a different story

current gen maybe Xbox is the leading platform and the rest ports, next gen story is different as it's still to be seen.. if i had to bet i'd say they'd use the easiest platform which will either be PC or PS4 but this is just speculation on my part
soon..

Offline tattwah

• View Profile

redo what lot of work ? i hope you realise the DICE that makes BF4 for PC is the SAME DICE that makes the PS4 and Xbox1 versions.. what work ? allow an interface option to turn "console mode" on/off ?! porting the PC input setup is probably not enough work to keep DICE busy for a single day time on PS4. Xbone not having kbm natively can be a different story

current gen maybe Xbox is the leading platform and the rest ports, next gen story is different as it's still to be seen.. if i had to bet i'd say they'd use the easiest platform which will either be PC or PS4 but this is just speculation on my part
If it is easy to port then I am all good with it! having native mkb support is all i can ask for consoles.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Don't get me wrong -- I would be saying this even if I wasn't the person that created XIM. :)

If I'm a standard console gamer, I don't want people in my match that are using a completely different input device from another platform. The topic is heated and DICE is smart enough not to aggravate their customer-base to this end. The only option would be to isolate the groups. And if they do that, the gaming populations won't justify the business expense. Just my take -- we shall see. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Don't get me wrong -- I would be saying this even if I wasn't the person that created XIM. :)

If I'm a standard console gamer, I don't want people in my match that are using a completely different input device from another platform. The topic is heated and DICE is smart enough not to aggravate their customer-base to this end. The only option would be to isolate the groups. And if they do that, the gaming populations won't justify the business expense. Just my take -- we shall see. :)

i know that's what you meant don't worry.

but how is joining kbm console players with the larger PC base isolation ?

as a funny note one of the main reasons i'm going to PC over console for BF4 is the hundredfold server count available. i rarely get my favorite map setup at all hours on PS3, but there are dozens and dozens of it at any time on PC. i feel isolated as it stands now actually.
« Last Edit: 01:01 AM - 07/09/13 by ak-xs »
soon..

Offline Spicy Noodles

• View Profile

Would love to see good KBM support on the PS4 version but hard to see how it will go down smoothly for pretty much the reasons Obsiv said.

A lot of controller users, especially the ones with competitive attitudes will not like them in the same matches as them, so they'd have to add filters for Controller only, KBM only, and mixed.

If the filter route was the way they went, then they'd probably have to set Controller only as the <default> and let you choose from the other 2 if you wanted. Then it becomes a question of are there enough KBM PS4 players to keep the servers nice and packed without always seeing the same people over and over.

Then theres the route of allowing PS4 KBM users to join pc servers instead of going against other console players... but considering how PC versions always have way more server options, not sure how easily they can do that.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!

Would love to see good KBM support on the PS4 version but hard to see how it will go down smoothly for pretty much the reasons Obsiv said.

A lot of controller users, especially the ones with competitive attitudes will not like them in the same matches as them, so they'd have to add filters for Controller only, KBM only, and mixed.

If the filter route was the way they went, then they'd probably have to set Controller only as the <default> and let you choose from the other 2 if you wanted. Then it becomes a question of are there enough KBM PS4 players to keep the servers nice and packed without always seeing the same people over and over.

Then theres the route of allowing PS4 KBM users to join pc servers instead of going against other console players... but considering how PC versions always have way more server options, not sure how easily they can do that.

do you consider DICE a big studio? EA a big publisher? i'm guessing yes.

Warframe guys though are basically an indie next to DICE. they ported the game from PC to PS4 in under 4 months time and enabled cross-platform play.

you are arguing that since PC servers have more options it would be hard to add another option? isn't that logic paradoxal?!
please tell me what relevant options you see that may conflict, i'd like to know everything i can about this as it interests me very much.

i'd like to play on PS4 rather than on PC if i had the same kbm support plus PC servers available,(if the game runs at 60fps) with the XIM i'd be able to play with my console friends also so best of both worlds..
soon..

Admin