XIM Community

looking for sugestions to better my game, not getting kill shots....?  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
So Im havin a problem with the gammin style, maybe these people im shooting just lagg but I dont know because I cant see their pings like if we played on a PC. So whats happenin is that I go in game type X...and light people up, full clips at times and people dont die....someone just comes behind me and one shots them, OR worse case I drop a full clip in them, they turn around and one shot me......makes me fume! Same thing happens on Team Snipers, I cant tell you how many hits im pulling and kills arent dropping, even with 2 direct hits! Does the Xbox controller normally just aim for head shots and with the XIM we dont? Im getting mad here at times because im not getting the score rackin up and people just run in and take my kills left and right! For your info I dont lagg, After I saw this happenin again today I went to speedtest.net and tested at 17mbps to the New Orleans test server. At night I test well over 30, the only thing I can think here is they would have pings well over 100 or 200 but I cant see this on Xbox as I can on PC to blame the individuals for horrid lagg. I found this to be true on COD4 today as well, 2 clips back to back in people, they turn around and one shot me,  I see their kill cam and its so @#$% choppy from their point of view so I knew they were laggin.

So toss me some suggestions, i really am more worried about my kills in Halo vs COD4. Im sure this is holding me back from ranking up due to my not being able to get the killing shot on guys..

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
These games are host dependent.  So if you're connected to a crappy host, it's not unusual to experience really laggy, gross gameplay.  It sucks, but that's just how Live works.

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
I almost never have lag problems.

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
when i played with you and voli last night I was ok on COD 4 but halo is sometimes rediculous! I was going 30 and 10 a few games today in COD4 rapin the 10 times prestige noobs it was funny. Ah well man ill be on trying to play a few more hours tonight, havent tried halo in the last 2 days though.

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
I haven't played Halo in over a month, but I'm up for that.

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
When I notice a lag problem, I shoot slightly in front of the person. 9/10 times that solves my problem. Now if its laggy and it's You vs Host, you're close to being screwed.

Offline BroTsla

• View Profile
Yeah it sounds like you need to lead your shots better.. It's the lag that screws you, but if you lead your shots(COD, Halo) you'll have better results.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
Halo is all about headshots against anyone who is decent.  If you aren't hitting them in the head, they'll drop you much quicker than you drop them.

Offline Guncom

• Don't Cry...
    • View Profile
BR practice thats it... nothing else, your aim will get tons better just work on it

Offline Riseing

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My clan site
Play against people better than you. Because if you spend all your time pwning noob's your not gunna get any better.
Help me in my quest to get tweak positive rep.
http://www.ximmers.com/forum/index.php
Go there for macros and such.

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
I do fine in swat...I have only been playing it about 2 days (few hours at a time), and im almost level 30

But yes i know what you mean, sometimes I put 3 BR burst, into what from my point of view, looks like directly to their face...and either A it doesn't hit, or B, it doesn't act like a head shot.

Other times, my crosshair is a full 1/4 inch off of them and i get an insta kill...

I think it is just a combination of host lag, and autoaim, causing issues.

There are also times I put 3 rounds in a guys head, he turns, and shoots me...then i die first, and he dies afterwards, so dont get upset by it, just understand it happens.

It also seems to get more headshots if you aim, just above the head...and i mean just barely. not directly on it, and always lead by just a little...very little..and it helps.

In the end though it is just a matter of  paying attention, once you down one guy, remember about where you xhair was etc, and use it for the rest of the match.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
Or of course... you could slowly come to the realization that many oldschool gamers have - Halo just sucks as an FPS ;)

Halo is essentially a re-imagined UT, but for consoles.

Offline Riseing

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My clan site
Just remember the XiM does not make you god. I spent 3 weeks trying to be a swat god. When I realized that I wasn't it god sooo much easier. 20-40 in one day.
Help me in my quest to get tweak positive rep.
http://www.ximmers.com/forum/index.php
Go there for macros and such.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
old thread. im sure he figured it out lol
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
I blame myself for this travesty.