XIM Community

keyboard press activate analog movement.?  (Read 2930 times)

Offline animenows

• View Profile
keyboard press activate analog movement.?
« on: 06:13 PM - 06/24/09 »
The game : any FPS games.

With Autohotkey , I have attempted to create an anti-recoil macro.

When I press a certain key ( w for example), it will move the Right analog down a certain level and duration. I have found many problems with this. 1) the movement can not be too fast,or else the xbox will simply not detect it. 2) when I use macro along with a mouse, it does not function properly. Because the games have dead zones. When you use both the macro and mouse to move the analog at the same time, it becomes chaotic.

My main question is, does Magnata have the ability to create this macro? Anti-recoil for weapons in RPS games.

Offline lamego

• View Profile
Re: keyboard press activate analog movement.?
« Reply #1 on: 10:21 PM - 06/24/09 »
"Yes... but read on"

First, I don't know the limitations of Xim+Autohotkey, so I  can't compare.

In Magnata, you can simulate a timed hold of any direction or button and/or combination with high precision.

Like holding down in the right analog stick.

The issue I can see in your requirements is that you want to use mouse while the macro is being executed. This is not supported yet, but there will be support in the next version (pass-through macros).
It will not act caotic though, it will simply ignore the mouse and all other inputs while the macro is running, so that the macro is not affected.

But you do some tricks to minimize/counter this.

I would say "give it a go" to get a feeling of how it behaves.

Offline animenows

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:41 AM - 06/25/09 »
I believe that's the limitation. When you use an anti-recoil macro; in most cases you are useing it while aiming at an moving target. Therefore the macro need to adjust depending on the movement of the mouse. If all other inputs are disabled, the macro will only work if used on targets that don't move.

Any ways , I'll give this program  try a first, then post feed backs later.

The xbox controller is pretty inconsistent. Any inputs with a duration less than 30 ms have a chance to be skipped or ignored. Are there any solutions? This makes quick macros impossible.
« Last Edit: 01:47 AM - 06/25/09 by animenows »

Offline lamego

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:34 AM - 06/25/09 »
With Magnata I recommend the use, as a basis, 20 ms as a safe minimum for input interval (you can lower down to 17 with some safety that it doesn't skip inputs but lower than that you have serious risks of skipping inputs). I doubt you can get lower than that. Remember that you, with auto-hotkey, are using 2 layers of software (which reduce accuracy):  AutoHotkeys+XIM.
With maganta, there's 1 layer (direct input), hence a step up in timing-wise precision.

However, the recognition of the input also depends on the game itself - i.e. critical in fighting games due to combo timing.

Pass-through macros will be available on 1.5 (next version).

Offline animenows

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:25 PM - 07/04/09 »
I played around with the program,but I can't locate where you configure mouse movement. Like deadzone,Xyratio,translation exponent,etc.  All the things needed for fps games.  ???

Offline lamego

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:34 AM - 07/06/09 »
Advanced trigger editor (analog tab) and Wizard menu.

In magnata you only configure the mouse speed in the wizard menu (or configure it manually in the advanced trigger editor).

To add a dead zone, change the minimum/maximum so it doesn't start from 0, or make the trigger granular.

Admin