XIM Community

1 to 1? Haven't Experienced that yet  (Read 3115 times)

Offline JakJak

• View Profile
1 to 1? Haven't Experienced that yet
« on: 09:55 PM - 06/24/13 »
So I've been playing around with the Xim and even bought a higher DPI mouse to hopefully get more of a 1 to 1 feel out of my Xbox games with a mouse.

Well, every game I've tried it on doesn't feel 1 to 1 at all and I'm starting to regret this purchase. Suffice it to say I bought this thing expecting it to work as I read. Not to have to make additional purchases in order to feel like it's doing what I hoped it would do. Not to mention on this tinkering.

I got a g500, maxed out the DPI and maxed the sensitivity in game, before I get anything that feels right I'm exceeding the max turn speed. My Xim keeps flashing red at me.

I'm at a loss. I bought this higher DPI mouse so I could finally get the control I want and I feel as though this product has stretched a bit on what it means to be 1 to 1.  Any tips out there? Suggestions on what I can do.

My most recent attempt has been with Tomb Raider. I even tap my mouse and exceed the max turn speed and it's slow as molasses.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
Re: 1 to 1? Haven't Experienced that yet
« Reply #1 on: 10:27 PM - 06/24/13 »
i understand what you're saying, not every game feels 1 to 1 when i use it either. there were only a few games i've played that really feels 1 to 1 when using xim edge witch are Battlefield 3, all Call of Duty(s) and Gears of War 3. but for the most part xim edge preforms well with a lot of games i've tried it with. one thing you must keep in mind is these games are console games and not truly designed to be played with a mouse so trying to play these games like they're pc games because you are using keyboard and mouse is a fail lol. what console are you playing on?
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Offline JakJak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:59 PM - 06/24/13 »
I'm on the Xbox.

I guess when I read "Unsurpassed in-game 1-to-1 feel" I expected that. Maybe I was hoping for too much? I'm sorry. I'm ranting a bit because I had to buy this, a new mouse, a new controller and it still doesn't work like I'd hoped.

I just want to know what I'm doing wrong so I can feel like I got my money's worth.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
« Reply #3 on: 11:16 PM - 06/24/13 »
I'm on the Xbox.

I guess when I read "Unsurpassed in-game 1-to-1 feel" I expected that. Maybe I was hoping for too much? I'm sorry. I'm ranting a bit because I had to buy this, a new mouse, a new controller and it still doesn't work like I'd hoped.

I just want to know what I'm doing wrong so I can feel like I got my money's worth.

make sure in game controller sensitivity is maxed as well.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -

Offline JakJak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:22 PM - 06/24/13 »
I said that I've done that in my first post already

Online He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #5 on: 12:47 AM - 06/25/13 »
Maybe you are expecting too much? It's not exactly like PC but it's pretty dam close & no other adapter compares  8)

Here are links to my XIM & PC Gameplay for comparison on what XIM is able to achieve.

XIM EDGE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n23DlJnoW0w

PC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQ3yZVqp-g

You should also watch the "Turning Video" by OBsIV and learn the limitations of console gaming etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fCx9OLGF2Q
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:51 AM - 06/25/13 »
The reason you're not feeling it to be a 1:1 is because as you said, you're exceeding the in-game max turn speed limit while still moving the mouse at various speeds. Don't move the mouse so fast, or lower your XIM's sensitivity setting. As long as you don't cap the speed limit, you're always going to be in a 1:1 movement ratio.

Offline cisco

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RedHairHaze
  • PSN ID: RedHairHaze
« Reply #7 on: 09:38 AM - 06/25/13 »
dude, you have to balance mouse dpi, with xim sensitivities.....there will be situations where you max out turn speed. but if you keep smooth mouse movements it would be 1:1

Offline flst81

• Go Noles!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pl3zd0ntsh00tm3
« Reply #8 on: 09:59 AM - 06/25/13 »
try out the different ballistic curves to help out black dotting. RML has a good one as do a few others. It'll help smooth things out a bit.
Xim 4| Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Glorious Extended mouse pad| Razer Vespula | Asus MX279H monitor |  ROCCAT APURI Active USB Hub | XB1

Offline JakJak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:06 AM - 06/25/13 »
Thanks for the tips. So you're saying that for some games I shouldn't be maxing out the DPI on my mouse like the website says?

Also, for the ballistic curve thing, isn't that yet another thing I'll have to buy and hopefully improve my experience? After everything else I'm not so optimistic anymore.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #10 on: 10:10 AM - 06/25/13 »
Ballistic curves are a feature included with your XIM.  Nothing you have to purchase.

Maxing out your DPI on your mouse is a good start.  The XIM likes more raw mouse input.  You may need to lower your sensitivity to match though.  One thing to keep in mind, unless you are playing a Call Of Duty game you will most likely feel the game's max turn speed.  Just something you have to get used to.

Offline flst81

• Go Noles!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pl3zd0ntsh00tm3
« Reply #11 on: 10:17 AM - 06/25/13 »
no it's not another purchase. you'll find it in the xim manager. I think it's under the more settings tab. If u have questions on how to use them just ask. really easy to do. just gotta find the one that works best for you. I know it can get frustrating, it took me a bit to get a setup i'm comfortable with. A lot of people assume the Xim is plug and play. In a way it is but, you have to remember it comes down to personal preference. What one person likes differs from another.  Time and patience and you'll find something you like.
Xim 4| Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Glorious Extended mouse pad| Razer Vespula | Asus MX279H monitor |  ROCCAT APURI Active USB Hub | XB1

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 10:30 AM - 06/25/13 »
If you are exceeding the maximum turn speed of the game, it'll feel like your mouse is moving much faster than the game. Have you played any other games than Tomb Raider? The bigger shooters (CoD, BF, Halo, etc) all have higher turn speeds. I assume Tomb Raider will be much lower. In which case a Ballistics curve that adds some acceleration will likely help. There is a lot more about it in the Edge User Manual.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline gruntboy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:30 PM - 06/25/13 »
For some games, I think the Edge definitely provides nearly perfect 1:1 movement (COD and BF3).  However, in my experience for others like Gears, it does not, even if you aren't red lighting.  If you are having acceleration problems, try a curve like this:

>>> XIM Edge Ballistics START Paste >>>
XEBH:01002341586D79858D9295989A9B9C9D9E9FA0A0A0A00807
XEBA:010020405A6F7C88909497999B9C9D9E9FA0A1A1A1A1E803
<<< XIM Edge Ballistics END Paste   <<<

The point is to add acceleration that cancels out the acceleration felt in the game.  You'll have to play with the sensitivities since you have a higher DPI mouse than me. 

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
« Reply #14 on: 01:43 PM - 06/25/13 »
For some games, I think the Edge definitely provides nearly perfect 1:1 movement (COD and BF3).  However, in my experience for others like Gears, it does not, even if you aren't red lighting.  If you are having acceleration problems, try a curve like this:

>>> XIM Edge Ballistics START Paste >>>
XEBH:01002341586D79858D9295989A9B9C9D9E9FA0A0A0A00807
XEBA:010020405A6F7C88909497999B9C9D9E9FA0A1A1A1A1E803
<<< XIM Edge Ballistics END Paste   <<<

The point is to add acceleration that cancels out the acceleration felt in the game.  You'll have to play with the sensitivities since you have a higher DPI mouse than me.

out of all the Gears games Gears 3 feels the best with the XIM.

Rig -

Admin