XIM Community

Xim edge - probably the biggest piece of @#$% hardware I ever used!  (Read 13814 times)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Frag FX is rubbish, XIM is the best.

I tried all those other kb/m adapter, all crap.

The OPs XIM either does not work properly or is non existent.

What is certain though XIM3 > Frag FX, XIM Edge > Frag FX & Chinese Chopsticks > Frag FX.

That is all.
Be humble

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Resurrected after 8 months, lulz.

This thread was great entertainment. Good to see everyone try to help him, he should have just RMA back then. To top it off he bought it on eBay hehe.

Whatever happens, good luck heh.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline jackbauer1900

• View Profile
Resurrected after 8 months, lulz.

This thread was great entertainment. Good to see everyone try to help him, he should have just RMA back then. To top it off he bought it on eBay hehe.

Whatever happens, good luck heh.

Glad I could entertain you... Let's just hope Xim isn't just a bunch of forum douchebags with laughter coming over the keyboard when your unit fails.

"he should have just RMA back then" - I was too busy being bullied into trying about a billion different combinations of USB-cables, controllers, keyboards, mice and USB hubs to get to the point of Xim owning up to this faulty unit and fixing it.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
I  was just playing around, apologies.

This thread just seems so suspect is all. I'm sure someone will help you come to a conclusion that will help you solve your 8 month dilemma.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
you have on year warranty on the product, if that expired you can have your xim repaired for a few dollars regardless
both has to be done through a store account, there is no other way

also the warranty is bound to the store account as far as i know, you would need the store account of your ebay seller

i dont know how old your xim is but probably too old already, open up a support ticket through your xim store account and ask for the costs of a repair
they will introduce you with further info
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Try flashing your XIM Edge to the beta.
Be humble

Offline jackbauer1900

• View Profile
Try flashing your XIM Edge to the beta.

Where do I find the beta, and how do I install it?

Offline jackbauer1900

• View Profile
Frag FX is rubbish, XIM is the best.

I tried all those other kb/m adapter, all crap.

The OPs XIM either does not work properly or is non existent.

What is certain though XIM3 > Frag FX, XIM Edge > Frag FX & Chinese Chopsticks > Frag FX.

That is all.

Firstly: Working Frag FX > Non working XIM3 in my book ;)

Secondly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjyhH2YSZPg
Or
youtube com watch?v=MjyhH2YSZPg (If linking is not allowed...)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Anything that works is better than a non working product.

...but the XIM Edge is better than the competition.

Usually what I do if I have a faulty product is get it repaired or if it's within warranty, I get another.
Be humble

Offline jackbauer1900

• View Profile
Usually what I do if I have a faulty product is get it repaired or if it's within warranty, I get another.

Yes, my friend, and that is EXACTLY what I'm trying to achieve here. And since I bought it in may 2013 I am still within the one year warranty. But so far Xim (the company) just seem to want to invent a billion different versions of "Have you tried turning it off and on again" instead of actually just fixing it.

I still have the receipt to prove it. And the fact that I bought it from Ebay should make zero difference.

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck

Yes, my friend, and that is EXACTLY what I'm trying to achieve here. And since I bought it in may 2013 I am still within the one year warranty. But so far Xim (the company) just seem to want to invent a billion different versions of "Have you tried turning it off and on again" instead of actually just fixing it.

I still have the receipt to prove it. And the fact that I bought it from Ebay should make zero difference.

I don't speak officially for the XIM team, but as far as I've understood the warranty only extends to the purchaser. If you bought the Edge from a 3rd party (in this case an Ebay seller), then the warranty does not carry over, receipt or not.

At this point, and as others have suggested, your best option is to contact the XIM store and see about sending it in for repairs.

As to the claim of the XIM team running you around, trying different solutions instead of "owning up to a faulty unit", I know that their is a very good reason for this. Their failure rate is phenomenally low, to the point that almost all of the issues that arise can be resolved by eliminating faulty equipment OTHER than the XIM. New mice, keyboards, USB cords, controllers, et al, can be blamed for 99% of failures. When support suggests that you try those options, they have a vast history to base their suggestion on.

Now, if those suggestions prove to be inadequate then I know they are more than happy to continue to move forward with a return/replace/repair. But if they didn't eliminate those other items as the cause and just went ahead with a return/replace/repair, then you'd get your new unit and have the exact same problem ... which would be a waste of time and money on both ends.

Just some food for thought; hopefully you can get your unit straightened out.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Rook (and the rest of this thread) said everything that can be said.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.