XIM Community

Xim edge - probably the biggest piece of @#$% hardware I ever used!  (Read 16408 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I'd check with mindworm and roads suggestions first.

Too long of a usb extension will cause dropouts like this. A controller with a low battery will do the same.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
I'd check with mindworm and roads suggestions first.

Too long of a usb extension will cause dropouts like this. A controller with a low battery will do the same.

i know that long USB cables will cause problems but i've used a 3m+ for long periods of time without even an impact on latency, i checked. that should not be the issue but, if nothing else...
soon..

Offline Chance

• MVP
  • I use the XIM because I broke my right thumb.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
  • Gamertag: Chance SL
  • PSN ID: Chance_SL
I believe, from left to right, you want: Controller, Keyboard, Mouse

I use Controller, Mouse, Keyboard, I suppose it'd work Mouse, Keyboard, Controller.  :o

You only need to use the preferred ports if Edge had trouble taking to your devices. Otherwise, you can use any order you want.

I suspected as much but I remember Controller, Mouse, Keyboard being the suggested order in the XIM Edge Manual.
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
---------------------------------------------------
Mouse-pad: SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
Delay: 120

PC & Xbox 360 Slim 320 GB HDD
---------------------------------------------------

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chance_SL/

PC: Yes.
360: Yes.
PS3: No.
PS4: Maybe.
XBONE: Never.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thank you for reading the manual!
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline jackbauer1900

• View Profile
Firstly, tried with a Microsoft natural keyboard 4000 v1 and a Logitech G5 mouse. But even through the usb hub it cant power those two peripherals.

1) Does it power again?
A) No, I have to disconnect the XIM edge so it powers down and then reconnect.

2) Do you need to unplug it?
A) The keyboard, mouse and controller becomes completely unresponsive. The mouse for example has a red light where the sensor is. But after the error, this turns off. I literally have to unplug the Xime edge and reconnect. And in about 30% of the times, the mouse, keyboard and controller starts again and I resume control of my ingame character.

3) Any lights on the devices running?
A) The xim edge pulsates in the color chosen for the particular game, in this case blue.

4) First, do you have any issue with only your DS3 plugged in through your Edge?
A) No, I just played through an entire Black ops 2 match without a single glitch with just the controller connected to the edge and the edge connected through a USB hub and into the Sony Playstation 3 slim console.

5) Does it stay on for more than 5 minutes?
A) Yes, worked with just the controller. No issues.

6) Also, are you sure your DS3 is already fully charged?
A) According to the Sony Playstation slim menu it seems the controller is fully charged.

7) Are you using a long USB cord for power / connection to the ps3?
A) Standard one meter cable. Im sitting at a normal office desk.

8) Which PS3 do you have? Slim? Fatty?
A) Sony Playstation 3 slim - model number CECH-2004A

9)HDD Size?
A) 120 Gigabytes.

10) What video connection are you using? Composite? Component? HDMI?
A) HDMI

11) What audio connection are you using? RCA? HDMI? Optical Out?
A) Optical out

12) Does your XIM Edge plug directly into your PS3? Or is it powered through a hub?
A) Powered through hub, because when I plug it directly into the PS3 slim, it simply shuts down the controller, keyboard and mouse directly.

13) Do you use a USB headset?
A) No

14) Do you have other USB devices connected to your PS3?
A) No

15) Are you using the standard PS3 controller cable?
A) Yes

16) Are you using the standard PS3 controller?
A) Yes, Sony Dual Shock 3 sixaxis - Model number CECHZC2E

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Is your controller fully loaded? Plugged over night?
Crusade atm: none

Offline jackbauer1900

• View Profile

According to my PS3 user interface the controller is fully loaded. I will however plug it in for the night and try again in about 8-10 hours.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
12) Does your XIM Edge plug directly into your PS3? Or is it powered through a hub?
A) Powered through hub, because when I plug it directly into the PS3 slim, it simply shuts down the controller, keyboard and mouse directly.

This is actually a problem. Unplug your edge and all devices connected to it, plug edge directly into your ps3 with only a controller attached. Does it shut down? It sounds like a power draw issue, you could always try a different mini usb cable between edge and your ps3.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Joey McCamper

• MVP
    • View Profile
Try using the Mini USB cable that came with the XIM with your controller when you connect to the XIM. That fixed my PS3 issue. For some reason my 3 mini usb cables weren't sending data signal.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
Hub or keyboard is my guess.

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
This community is great:)

A problem and everyone jumps all over it to help out.

Op. You are in good hands here and you will get fixed up!

Did you try turning it off and on again?
« Last Edit: 06:11 PM - 06/15/13 by Zombieguy »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
yeah definitely try a different mini usb cable
you wouldnt be the first that has major problems with the xim due to a faulty mini usb cable
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
you wouldnt be the first that has major problems with the xim due to a faulty mini usb cable

I'm on my second PS3 controller cable.. What the op is describing happened to me and thus replaced my PS3 cable and good to go.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
I'm concerned about the hub. You should plug your XIM directly into your console.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!

I'm on my second PS3 controller cable.. What the op is describing happened to me and thus replaced my PS3 cable and good to go.

this is my bet too ^
either that or low battery on controller.

when the controller is connecting through the XIM it will always say it's on full power but directly it will show the real state..

According to my PS3 user interface the controller is fully loaded. I will however plug it in for the night and try again in about 8-10 hours.

i'm am very VERY careful with my stuff and one of my cables just stopped working for absolutely no reason from one day to the other. it wouldn't even charge the controller which was what i was trying to use it for since it failed to work with the XIM..
soon..

Admin