XIM Community

Would this be possible? Obs?  (Read 2140 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: Would this be possible? Obs?
« Reply #15 on: 07:15 AM - 06/17/13 »
oh come on, just making fun nothing against you.. if anything the ironical tone is actually because of the switcher mess when the Edge came out, if OBsIV would listen, right now you could have even more and better possibilities.. i'm sure you would appreciate them.

like in the XIM3 where configs don't use your ST memory and you can set a button for switching that is non-global so you don't lose buttons at all if you want to cycle unlike the current system in the Edge.
soon..

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:37 AM - 06/17/13 »
like in the XIM3 where configs don't use your ST memory and you can set a button for switching that is non-global so you don't lose buttons at all if you want to cycle unlike the current system in the Edge.

Never had the privelege of an XIM3 as I jumped on the train just as the EDGE came out. But yeah, those features do sound nice indeed! Yes, I do remember the fiascal around switchers. When Obs was like "Tell me again why you need switchers?" I didn't even know what the hell switchers were back then though lol...
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:41 AM - 06/17/13 »
You can do that already with the switchers. Set it to hold on a key and you can double your buttons you can assign as that key will temporarily bring you to another config. That was why I asked to get the switchers back.

Yes Roads I already do this but on the EDGE it means I have to use a "Global Config" unfortunately.

@ AK - and to think I actually gave you credit once for helping me make up my mind about XIM! Lol...
 ;)

Anyways, double tapping doesn't sound too bad.  :)

Yeah we had long discussions about global swicthers and ingame switchers with Obsiv. Would like to see them both. Global switchers are nice if you always use some keys the same way in every game like I use the D-pad "under" or "shifted" four fingers of my left hand. You only need a single key for all games no configuration needed. That key is lost in games you would not need it. Its global it works in all games.
ingame switchers you dont loose that key as its only active in a specific game.
I think we need both. I mean its luxury but great to have.
Crusade atm: none

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #18 on: 10:01 AM - 06/17/13 »
Never had the privelege of an XIM3 as I jumped on the train just as the EDGE came out. But yeah, those features do sound nice indeed! Yes, I do remember the fiascal around switchers. When Obs was like "Tell me again why you need switchers?" I didn't even know what the hell switchers were back then though lol...

this should be framed and sent to OB in a 60'' in order for him to see why half of the people didn't jump in that thread to support the requests.. that and so many of the regular/older folk of the forum simply being inactive...

you'd have liked the XIM3. it only lacked 3 things:

- PS3 support
- memory
- ballistics (which was partially done by the standard translators over the ST's)

PS: i must add that the Edge is more polished overall, but it will always leave you with a feel of downgrade after using XIM3
soon..

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:40 AM - 06/17/13 »
You just heard why they didnít jump, new people dont have the insight to tell what it means to have the features.
Crusade atm: none

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #20 on: 11:56 AM - 06/17/13 »
You just heard why they didnít jump, new people dont have the insight to tell what it means to have the features.

obsessive denial is all i'm gonna say  ;D
soon..