XIM Community

"Turn speed exceeded" (Black Ops 2)  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Trance

• View Profile
"Turn speed exceeded" (Black Ops 2)
« on: 08:46 AM - 06/02/13 »
Hello guys and gals.

I've had my XIM edge a while but I've hardly used it, I'm a former PC player that got used to the controller so I kind of stuck with it. Now though I've started playing PC games more again so I'm using my XIM on xbox.

I've being playing on sens 12 with a controller (rather have slightly faster than this "feel" with a mouse because i find aiming easier with a mouse), but i cannot replicate this through my XIM without hitting the limit a lot.
At the moment I'm on 5,600 dpi (g500) with 50hip and 25ads...i'd rather have 70hip and 35ads but i toned it down to try compromise a little. Sniping I would want the ads speed much higher.

I've being reading a bunch of threads about the "turn speed limit" and I am curious -- what are the actually negative effects of hitting it all the time? I've tried testing in game, and just shoot walls moving my mouse around fast so it's constantly blinking on the limit, but my bullets still go exactly where they should?

So I guess what I  want to know is, am I perfectly fine playing hitting the limit all the time or is there a negative impact on my play I am not seeing?

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
Re: "Turn speed exceeded" (Black Ops 2)
« Reply #1 on: 09:03 AM - 06/02/13 »
The only real negative impact from hitting the turn speed limit, is that your movement is no longer at a 1:1 ratio, from mouse to your screen. I'm a twitch player, and constantly hit the turn speed limit, but it really doesn't affect my game, much.

Offline Trance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:29 AM - 06/02/13 »
The only real negative impact from hitting the turn speed limit, is that your movement is no longer at a 1:1 ratio, from mouse to your screen. I'm a twitch player, and constantly hit the turn speed limit, but it really doesn't affect my game, much.
So basically when i move my mouse around, the cursor isn't exactly were it should be on the screen? I haven't noticed that on my current settings at all. I'll go into combat training and play around some more.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #3 on: 10:19 AM - 06/02/13 »
Only if you hit the max turn speed. For example:

Let's say point A to point B on my mouse pad is 6 inches. If I move slowly, it turns me exactly 90 degrees in the game. Now, if I move my mouse too fast, and hit the turn speed cap... when I stop moving my mouse, the game would not have been able to turn that fast, resulting in me only turning 80 degrees (just an example). Because I moved faster than the game allows me to, and I stopped before my crosshair reached my target (even though I Moved the same physical distance on my mousepad).

But, like I said, I don't notice it most of the time. I usually only hit the turn limit when I try to 180.

Offline Trance

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:16 AM - 06/03/13 »
I see now, I think I'm fine then. I like the speed so a 180 is basically flicking my wrists to the side, as opposed to having to move my hand to much.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:42 AM - 06/03/13 »

This makes me wonder how it would feel if the XIM would be compensating the max turn speed. Meaning if you flick too fast you will not reach the desired point as the movement is slower and the movement stops with the mouse movement. Now what if the XIM would continue to the spot the aim should end at? It would get there slower but it would get there.
Crusade atm: none

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:06 AM - 06/03/13 »
Movements would be disconnected and floaty. You would be making your next movement and it would still be performing your last.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:30 AM - 06/03/13 »
No I mean the new movement would be calculated from the right new spot. Imagine zigzagging across the screen fast and the point arriving at the right point. I mean close eyes, zigzag open them and the point is where you want it to be. This works if you say the aim is interesting not how the point goes there. It would be at the right spot the fastest possible allowed by the game. So if you change direction a new way to there would be calculated immediatedly. I am not sure it would feel disconnected. We are only talking about movement that is disconnected already, right?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:35 AM - 06/03/13 »
I am talking how the XIM behaves outside the 1:1 field. Right now the desired point is not reached. My idea would be to reach the point just later. Turnspeed restriction compensation ON/OFF.

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:04 PM - 06/03/13 »
Seems someone needs to start using Ballistics... I can do a 360 with a single Mouse movement, and I can fine tune a shot also when I need to be more accurate.

Try the ballistics you will love them. Canīt even play without it.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:27 PM - 06/03/13 »
Yeah I thought most of you wont get what this is about. This has nothing to do with ballistics, this is outside the range of ballistics. Right now when you hit the max turn speed and exceed it the XIM does nothing it just runs at the highest point of the ballistics curve as long as your mouse gets slower. Exceeding max speed makes the aim to be slower than the mouse speed you move and you will not hit the spot you want with the aim. Nothing you can do about the speed but you can do yomething about the point you hit. An ST can calculate that as if no turn speed limit would be there. So a 180 flick shot would be accurate even if it would take some milliseconds longer. If the speed is not fast enough and you aquire a new target within the flick time the game can do, or allows to do, you could immediately change direction and the calculation begins newly. This wont feel perfect but better than a complete loss of aim as it is right now if you hit the red dot.
We saw in smoothning in the XIM3 that Obsiv can program the amount of direction change that is accepted as a direction change. Again this does not affect anything within the games turn parameters.
I think its worth a try as this is also something the competition can not do.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:48 AM - 06/04/13 »
I actually planned something like this some time ago. The problem was recognizing red dotting. Now i know more and have a solution for that.

First we put teensy with usb host shield between console and xim. This will tell us what is sent to console. Then we have another teensy with usb host shield between mouse and xim. This will read mouse movement and modify it and send it to xim. These 2 teensys would be connected together with maybe serial. Then we just do some code, math and magic and it should work  ;D

What do you think?

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #12 on: 10:51 AM - 06/04/13 »
Sounds like a mess

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:58 AM - 06/04/13 »
Not really. Should be simpler than your mic setup :o

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:01 AM - 06/04/13 »
Yeah why workaround something the master could do on a nextgen Xim easily. He just had to drop the simple and stupid only crap and have us fun trying out new stuff, that, of course can make it better.

If Obsiv will not do advanced mode I am in of course Wiice. Pretty ridiculous though.

Admin