XIM Community

Xbox One and PlayStation 4  (Read 589493 times)

Offline Speagles

• View Profile
Re: Xbox One vs PlayStation 4
« Reply #15 on: 09:42 PM - 05/21/13 »
if true i support all of those bullet points
Me too...  none of it seems unreasonable at all.

I never understood why people feel entitled to discounted used games.  We're not talking about cars here...  games don't depreciate in value just b/c somebody else used them before you.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:50 PM - 05/21/13 »
if true i support all of those bullet points
Me too...  none of it seems unreasonable at all.

I never understood why people feel entitled to discounted used games.  We're not talking about cars here...  games don't depreciate in value just b/c somebody else used them before you.

But people who don't have access to an internet connection should be told to go F themselves?
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Speagles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:05 PM - 05/21/13 »
But people who don't have access to an internet connection should be told to go F themselves?
In a much more polite manner, but yes, that is what they should be told.  Since when is it mandatory that Xbox is accessible to everybody that wants one?  If you don't have internet, don't buy an Xbox...  it's that simple.

The sense of entitlement the gaming "community" has is ridiculous.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10:52 PM - 05/21/13 »
No used games on Xbox or M$ getting the money not the seller is a clear advantage for the PS4. This means the games for the ONE cost double. The games are expensive already. This is a big ONE  for Sony and the best decision they made. Game price is not to underestimate.

ASk Obsiv how much more XIMs he sold with half priced Edge even if worse than XIM3 hardware wise.
Crusade atm: none

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:15 PM - 05/21/13 »
In a much more polite manner, but yes, that is what they should be told.  Since when is it mandatory that Xbox is accessible to everybody that wants one?  If you don't have internet, don't buy an Xbox...  it's that simple.

People won't... that's my point. Xbox will lose plenty of sales from their decision to be online only alone.

Sony has already stated they won't be so "anti-consumer".
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #20 on: 12:57 AM - 05/22/13 »

People won't... that's my point. Xbox will lose plenty of sales from their decision to be online only alone.

Sony has already stated they won't be so "anti-consumer".

Fully agree.

Offline ABigDeal

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
  • Gamertag: ABigDeal
« Reply #21 on: 01:10 AM - 05/22/13 »
No used games on Xbox or M$ getting the money not the seller is a clear advantage for the PS4. This means the games for the ONE cost double. The games are expensive already. This is a big ONE  for Sony and the best decision they made. Game price is not to underestimate.

ASk Obsiv how much more XIMs he sold with half priced Edge even if worse than XIM3 hardware wise.

This.

------------------------

Also how are people who criticize a product a fan boy? isn't that the opposite?
Telling people if they dont have a internet connection they can go F themselves, that some hard white knighting of the xbox brah

Since when is it mandatory that Xbox is accessible to everybody that wants one?

Isn't that exactly what every company wants their product to be?

It's has always been that way, supply and demand of 2nd hand goods. Of course we're not talking about cars, its a product that devalues from lack demand and 2nd hand use like every other product. They do devalue, if i can buy a physical copy of a game new in packaging for $60, why would i buy it used and 2nd hand for the same price? And if its a digital downloadable game, age and demand will drop value of the digital store price depending on whoever is running sales.

"Anyone else using your console can also play it, but using the disc on any other Xbox One would mean having to pay a full price activation fee to run it."
http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/22/xbox-one-charges-fee-for-second-hand-games-must-be-online-once-a-day-probably-3804045/

No thanks Jeff. But could just be speculation.

"Microsoft issued a statement after the market's close regarding Wired's report, stating the news wasn't accurate, but wouldn't detail exactly how the information was incorrect."

« Last Edit: 08:11 AM - 05/24/13 by ABigDeal »
A.K.A QnUP2C
Twitch TV Abigdeal Gaming - LIVE STREAM
Abigdeal Gaming - Personal Youtube Channel
Origin: abigdeal

Offline Speagles

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01:33 AM - 05/22/13 »
It's has always been that way, supply and demand of 2nd hand goods. Of course we're not talking about cars, its a product that devalues from lack demand like every other product.
How is it a lack of demand?  If I sell my game and you buy it isn't the net demand staying the same?  Used game prices should mimic the new games' prices.  If a brand new CoD is sitting on the shelf priced at $59.99 why shouldn't the used copy sitting beside it have the same price?  It's the same game, the demand is the same.

This is assuming there is no physical damage to the used game, ofc.

Offline ABigDeal

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
« Reply #23 on: 01:51 AM - 05/22/13 »
It's has always been that way, supply and demand of 2nd hand goods. Of course we're not talking about cars, its a product that devalues from lack demand like every other product.
How is it a lack of demand?  If I sell my game and you buy it isn't the net demand staying the same?  Used game prices should mimic the new games' prices.  If a brand new CoD is sitting on the shelf priced at $59.99 why shouldn't the used copy sitting beside it have the same price?  It's the same game, the demand is the same.

Sorry not only lack of demand but used goods will never get the same as shelf price. Not only is it used by a stranger, older, and has no retail/consumer protection etc. What incentives does a physical 2nd hand game have to justify full price?
A.K.A QnUP2C

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #24 on: 03:21 AM - 05/22/13 »

I think you will find its consumer law which protects us from the store doing this its not allowed, plus the store would for it to work have to pay me the full shelf price to buy it back and they aren't going to do that because of the word Profit as there is none to made now.

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #25 on: 03:31 AM - 05/22/13 »
I'm on the fence till E3 where the proof will be in the pudding.
Both have pro's and con's at the moment until you see it in the flesh working in all its glory then all anyone can do is speculate.
Besides this pay to play second hand games may not go ahead if the community shout loud enough then they may pedal back on that one, lot fan boys here in the uk are already up in arms over it.

No backwards compatibility too PS3 did that and it lost them a lot of fans, the one thing it will do is when launched the 360 will become worthless over night they will be 10 a penny there will be a lot of people from both sides even PS3 will be the same as millions end up getting traded in.

Offline ABigDeal

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
« Reply #26 on: 04:08 AM - 05/22/13 »

Besides this pay to play second hand games may not go ahead if the community shout loud enough then they may pedal back on that one, lot fan boys here in the uk are already up in arms over it.

I hope so man, even if its implemented at first and it starts to suffer hopefully they re-think things
« Last Edit: 04:45 AM - 05/22/13 by ABigDeal »
A.K.A QnUP2C

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:40 AM - 05/22/13 »
PS4 So far has me, with watching friends play over a cloud and being able to watch then join them instantly all the time talking to them. Being able to jump in and virtually pass the player one pad to your online buddy so he can complete that hard part of the level for you?

Much like we all used to do when we had friends round playing the old offline consoles.
PlayStation have the foresight here.
« Last Edit: 06:48 AM - 05/22/13 by publix »
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline ABigDeal

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
« Reply #28 on: 04:46 AM - 05/22/13 »
PS4 So far has me, with watching friends play over a cloud and being able to watch then join them instantly all the time talking to them. Being able to just in and virtually pass the player one pad to your online buddy so he can complete that hard part of the level for you?

Much like we all used to do when we had friends round playing the old offline consoles.

Did not know, thats pretty @#$% cool
A.K.A QnUP2C

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06:50 AM - 05/22/13 »
PS4 So far has me, with watching friends play over a cloud and being able to watch then join them instantly all the time talking to them. Being able to just in and virtually pass the player one pad to your online buddy so he can complete that hard part of the level for you?

Did not know, thats pretty @#$% cool

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility