XIM Community

WAW @#$%  (Read 2622 times)

pimpernel

WAW @#$%
« on: 01:41 PM - 06/11/09 »
Just went to play COD WAW few mins ago, said it was downloading an update, now the fire rate cap is really low...I not using rapid fire macros or anything but use the M1 carbine which I can fire quite quickly but not had problems before...now I'm getting my fire rate locked within a couple of clips at most.

That is absolute @#$% fast firing with a semi auto rifle is the way I play. ???

Just tried it with other single shot weapons, same story.

I don't know if this is something the game developers have done or if I have been targeted by microsofts anti cheat software. Alot of people have been complaining that i'm using a rapid fire controller and saying they were going to report me. I've been doing nothing of the sort.

Completely ruined my style of gaming on the game i've been playing the most over the last few months. >:(
« Last Edit: 01:59 PM - 06/11/09 by pimpernel »

Offline wildstyle

• View Profile
Re: WAW @#$%
« Reply #1 on: 02:34 PM - 06/11/09 »
they set a new fire rate ....there info at cod forums

pimpernel

« Reply #2 on: 03:04 PM - 06/11/09 »
Thanks for the info, well that has completely ruined the game as far as I'm concerned.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #3 on: 04:40 PM - 06/11/09 »
link?

pimpernel

« Reply #5 on: 12:35 AM - 06/12/09 »
The perverse thing about this is that I wasn't using rapid fire just firing manualy but very quickly...now I'm going to have to use autohotkey in order to limit my fire rate so I don't set off the fire rate limiter which is realy slow  ???
« Last Edit: 12:41 AM - 06/12/09 by pimpernel »

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:20 AM - 06/12/09 »
Yep. I noticed this while playing zombies on the new MP2. I was trying to light some gook zombies up with my gehwer (sp?) and it just wouldn't fire very fast. Thought it was a problem with my @#$%. Bummer >:(

pimpernel

« Reply #7 on: 03:03 AM - 06/12/09 »
Iwas about to buy MP2 then all thjis @#$% happened...won't be buying now they have ruined the game...also that sub machine gun is it the Mp40 or M40 or something...vastly overpowered and spoils the game balance...wish they could have addressed that.

Offline technogiant

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:32 AM - 06/12/09 »
I've just been playing with the fire rate with this...you can go upto 10 shots per second before it triggers the limiter which only lets you fire about 3 times per second.

Offline wildstyle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:08 PM - 06/12/09 »
any 1 have a good autohotkey rapid fire thats under the cap

Offline technogiant

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:52 PM - 06/12/09 »
No sorry...I'm using the turbo mode in xpadder software

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:41 PM - 06/12/09 »
what's funny is that it's capped in WAW but still not capped in COD 4.  heh...  That's why I don't play WAW anymore.  That and because I was working on getting my 50 in team swat in Halo.  Now that I've done that, I went back to play some WAW last night in the new map pack which is when I had to update the game and then noticed the rate cap.  I think I can safely not play any COD other than 4 until MW2 comes out.  Thanks. 

Ok my bitchin' is over. I still enjoy the PPSH and sniping in WAW so I'm still gonna play it.  w00t

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
« Reply #12 on: 09:12 PM - 06/12/09 »
So they made a crap game even crappier...

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:37 AM - 06/13/09 »
The cap doesn't bother me that much. It does suck but the only thing that really pisses me off, is they capped it in zombies too. That's just silly.. Who cares if you have a mod in zombie mode?

Offline WizzBang

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x WizzBang x
« Reply #14 on: 08:05 PM - 06/13/09 »
heh well the original poster is now listed as a guest,think
I seen him acting up and got himself banned, but anyhow by the way he posted it I can nearly guaruntee you that he was bullshitting about it and using a mod, because if you truly shoot that fast by finger it bans before that, what he described is a specific rapidfire rate controller from evil controllers.com. realistically shooting at those speeds was @#$% and useless anyways, voli mentioned that banning it in zombies was happy and I agree, im not a big zombies guy but I can state for a fact that in real game play having such a allowable fire rate doesn't nothing for you and it isn't accurate. there's now cheap rapid fire mods everywhere and that's why they felt the need to address it, it was to the point that 98% of any player using the m1a1 was modded, and nearly all other rifleman, great to show off for 2 mins and made cool noises, but did jack @#$% to improve your game play.  the people who paid big bux for rapid fire and dashboard a lot will now not do it as much, all in all im actually glad they did it, lotta reasons I will elaborate if need be sometime.
The Price of Leadership is Responsibility.