XIM Community

Omg im getting sick and tired of this  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Bountykilla83

• View Profile
Omg im getting sick and tired of this
« on: 07:48 PM - 06/06/09 »
CODWAW why this game have to be host dependent why.  IF the host quits the game ends why.  In halo 3 when the host quits the game select another host and the game continues.  Im praying modern warfare 2 isnt host dependent

Offline loudpanzer

• View Profile
    • skiesofblack forum
Re: Omg im getting sick and tired of this
« Reply #1 on: 08:03 PM - 06/06/09 »
One of the reasons I like to play on WAW PC dedicated servers  :-\

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:53 AM - 06/07/09 »
That is really annoying, it does my head in when im owning everyone and the host quits. Also when I decide Ive had enough and want to finish and quit sometimes it has chosen me as host and I didnt realise and I end up looking a fool for finishing the game for everyone.

I would much prefere dedicated servers. I can be doing really well and then it will migrate the host to someone else and my connection wont be as good and then all of a sudden shots im sending arent registering. I can always tell when this happens because my assits go up dramatically as others are killing people before i can because of the latency.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:08 PM - 06/14/09 »
The net coding on WAW is lame. There is no fail over of any kind should a connection to a host go down. I never play WAW anyway as I never really liked it. I much prefer COD 4 over WAW anyday.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:20 AM - 07/03/09 »
i loved [email protected] the weapons were 50x better than the ones in COD4.
ofcorse when they didn't fix the incessant spawn killing in the pre-patch map pack i immediately ebayed it for $45 (when eb/gamestop was giving $15 a copy)

still play cod4 with some friends tho lol!

that spawn killing was nasty. @#$% was MORE than half my deaths in that @#$% game! >:(

imo ALL console games need to start doing a better job giving the host slot to the person with the best packet loss. just because that ping is good doesn't mean their connection is worth a @#$%! :\
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #5 on: 01:38 AM - 07/03/09 »
COD4 and COD5 both have their pros and cons.

I think the dogs are 100000000x better than the heli.  You can hear the dogs coming, kill them, etc.  Every death from a heli just felt cheap to me.

I like the revive aspect of second chance as well.  It adds a really cool strategic element to the game that COD4 just doesn't have.

Claymores are 1000000x better than betties though.  Claymores could be triggered, jumped over, sprinted through, etc.  Betties are just cheap as @#$% and pretty much force you to use bomb squad or die to them every 2 or 3 kills.

The weapons are a wash - both have their ups/downs weapon-wise.  Overall, I like the feel of COD5 a bit better, but I definitely didn't at first.  Its hard to explain, but the weapons and speed of the game are really different.

As for the spawns, there are arguments to be made for both sides.  People spawning behind you helps prevent camping.  It also helps prevent players learning where the invisible boundaries are to prevent people from spawning on a particular side (like COD4).  Not all maps are equally balanced.  Nothing is more frustrating than getting stuck on the crappy side of a map with a crappy team and having nothing you can do about it because the other team won't let you spawn elsewhere.

Overall, I like 5 better.  The net stuff DOES suck, but I've encountered similar things in COD4.  Also, turbo controllers seem to be much more abundant in 4 - maybe because it is a more competitive game. *shrug*

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:51 AM - 07/03/09 »
i agree mostly. helis suck because the #1 factor in them shooting at you is HOW MANY KILLS YOU HAVE!? So when the heli has UAV and actively HUNTS the top 2 on your team - it really blows. you're mostly out of the fight for 30 of the next 60 seconds going for cover.
Dogs are easily killed, and always move in set directions towards the NEAREST player. I couldn't tell you the number of times when I was playing [email protected] I would kill afew people, turn around kill 5-8 dogs in a row. no problem (ofcorse then shot by a spawning player pointed at me while reloading, but never the less)
dogs suck vs medicore skil applied to them.
dogs > helis

claymores you can run through if they're turned wrong, or you're quick. betties are not cheap, they are easily seen. they're the bright gold flashes you always find in the same places on the ground LMAO!

[email protected] weapons have mroe character to them. the majority do roughly the same damage output, they jsut get there different ways. everything in [email protected] is useable. COD4 does damage output all over the board. some guns in it just flat out f'ing suck and only newbs use them because they dont know any better. (COD4 could be condenced into a 10 gun game and noone would care)
higher average fire rates in COD4 and half the maps are grossly more open (while still providing cover) affect the gameplay. [email protected] has 4x the avalible cover and tighter play.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:16 PM - 07/03/09 »
There is tons more debris in WAW which allows betties to not be easy to spot at all.  Without bombsquad, betties are pretty much impossible to counter.  Only idiots put them in the wide open stupid spots.

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:32 PM - 07/09/09 »
i never had a problem, even when you put them under a staircase. shiney gold thing - dont step near it. gotta get a screen where you can see everything without looking around at it?
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:24 PM - 07/09/09 »
Perhaps.  I play on a 24" monitor - it isn't like I'm cranking my neck or anything :)

I was referring to the placements where you can't see them, and even with bombsquad, you can't disarm it without wasting a nade.

There just isn't a way to approach corners and such in WAW which lessens the impact of betties - not in hardcore anyway.  They kill you through walls, from a mile away, etc.