XIM Community

how do i run both xim for ps3 and xim2 for 360  (Read 2073 times)

Offline #47

• View Profile
now i dont mean at the same time. i have just recived my xim2 i instaled it and every thing but at the back of my mind i was wondering if this woudl some how afect the ps3 set up i had. well sure enough it did when i click on a ps3 config the xim2 360 controler pops up insted of the old xim soft ware .

does any oen know how to fix this am i able to have both on one computer sorry if this is an easy fix im kind of dense some times '

thanks for the help 

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: how do i run both xim for ps3 and xim2 for 360
« Reply #1 on: 03:26 PM - 06/04/09 »
Use your brain?

Seriously, no one should have to hold your hand through this one.  You should be able to figure out how to use both systems with each XIM iteration without help from someone else.

:-\

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:29 PM - 06/04/09 »
well i was thinking would i have to reinstal the software for the ps3. i dont understand why it would just take over. i mean if i use 2 difrent programes for 2 difrrent things i would;t think one would cancel out the other .

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:34 PM - 06/04/09 »
ok so i did just that . so for those of you who do run into this problem reinstal the software for the ps3 and youll be all set . the reason i asked hear first is cause last time i did something liek that i messed up every thing and i had to re do all my game configs again. i did;t want to go through all that so i figured i would check in hear first .

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:41 PM - 06/06/09 »
so i had mentiond in the earler post that i had solved my problem . well after trying things out today i realized thats only half right. yah after i reinstaled the ps3 xim software it worked fine but then when i later when to he xim360 it would't respond. so i uninstaled and reinstaled it and it worked

went back to the ps3 xim and it did;t work so i instaled again ... you can see were this is going .

now i guess back to my first question at the start of this topic. is there a way to have the 2 difrent xim programes coexisting  with out having to keep instaling and re instaling the programes every time i want to play a difrent console . i have tryed instaling on difrent drives i tyed keeping the xim360 on the win64 folder and the ps3 xim in the 32bit folder i have renamed the ps3 xim . but every thing i do ends up with the same result

so yah again im sorry if this is a basic problem for some but as ive stated ive tryed evey thing i know of so if any one has any ideas or has delt with this in the past some help would be cool . and if this is just what you have to do when you have both xim set up on the one computer then thats fine 2 but i just want to know so i dont wast any more time trying to figure out something that cant be fixed lol cause if i keep doing that im bound to mess soemthing up

any way thanks in advance

Offline Griffin80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:04 PM - 06/06/09 »
Use your brain?

Seriously, no one should have to hold your hand through this one.  You should be able to figure out how to use both systems with each XIM iteration without help from someone else.

:-\

Great support....

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:26 PM - 06/10/09 »
I've read through at least one other thread on these forums where a person has done this successfully.

I don't think the hand holding is necessary all the frakkin' time.  He'll find it if he searches.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #7 on: 03:44 PM - 06/10/09 »
Install xim1 to .\xim-ps3
set it up per the tutorial, there is a thread
would also suggest associating ".ps3" files with xim1 and renaming all .xim files in your xim-ps3 directory to ".ps3" so doubleclicking a ".ps3" file opens xim1, there is a thread for this, but it's entirely optional

Install XIM2 to .\xim360
set it up, per the tons of threads.

I have, or had rather, both co-existing peacefully for a couple months til I ditched my XIM1 and switched both boxes to XIM2 (using XBA+ for PS3 use).

I should mention that I did on occasion have to unplug and replug both here and there, but at no time do they just stop working altogether and require an uninstall/reinstall.

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:36 PM - 06/10/09 »
i ended up doing somethign similer now i have managed to get them to both how ever there are just minor problems with both nothign to big . for example when i click on the ps3 config i get nothing how ever if i click on the ps3 xim icon it will work so rather then clicking on the config to get it started i have to load up what ever game im going to play through the xim notepad then save it as the defult then load up the ps3 xim .

like i siad nto a big deal but a bit more of a hasel ten any thing also i cant get the ps button to work any more before i just pressed 1 and backspace but now it does;t do any thing again not a big deal just things i noticed .

on the xim2 side  when i try to save a config it wont let me it will just save what ever i made as defult wich is fine cause i just coppy it then rename it and that works lol kind of werid but at least i got them both to work

thanks for your help guys always like to check in hear to see how things are done im not to good with playing around with certin things and i always wonder if im going to mess somethign up . im just glade there both working

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:43 PM - 06/10/09 »
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=702.0

That solves your first few sentences.  I'm ashamed I did it, but I just would like you to get your stuff solved now.

Admin